PDA

View Full Version : Pad for my HH

jazilla
04-10-2006, 14:36
I just got my HH and I will be using it this weekend. I have heard there is a lot of slipping with a pad and a sleeping bag. My question is this, What if I put a little bead of silicone on both sides of the pad. Keeping it in place on the hammock and stopping the bag from moving. Is this a winner or a wiener. Just wondering before I go and put a bead on my Walmart pad and it does something bad to my hammock.

Hana_Hanger
04-10-2006, 16:39
It works as well as gluing small pieces of that rubberized kind of shelve lining or the stuff men use to line their tool boxes with.
Forgot the names of it. (Rubbermaid is one I think)

Some people just use two CCF pads cut to fit the hammock and that way it does not slip...it will bunch up if you do not cut some scores in it on the sides etc...

I know JustJeff has a few pictures up that show wonderful options of different ways people use their pads or methods to warm in a hammock...you should check it out first.

When I use the CCF pads (72 x 20 ) I cut one 48" long and use that for the shoulder area (turned sideways of course)...it will not slip and comes up on the sides...keeping out the mist from the rain etc...and the left over piece the 24" I use for underneath my rear area.

Yes when it is 80 in the day and drops to just 55 at night and then the wind picks up you get very cold.

Gotta laugh I remember the days we would walk around outside at 28 degrees in shorts in Big Bear and now we freeze and put on jackets and look for blankets for our beds when the news says its dropping to 60 :)

stag3
04-10-2006, 19:42
Yes, the sticky shelf liner works great. I used 4-4"x4" squares and no more slipping of my T'rest Also, walMart sells precut circles of this stuff, about 4 " diameter. I saw it somewhere in the food section of a super WM. Without the sticky stuff, the pad would be sideways by 2 AM-:eek: -not good.

The blue WalMart egg crate stayed in place without any help.

You can check this by rubbing the pad across the HH and seeing what slips and what stays in place.

Oh, I used some 3 M heavy duty spray adhesive (Home Depot) to attach the sticky stuff.