PDA

View Full Version : Redledge

PecosBackpacker
04-11-2006, 10:54
I am in the market for all new gear. I have a connection at an outdoor suply shop that can get me good deals. I am told they carry Redledge. I have never heard of this company. Does nayone have any opinions about them? Is their gear top of the line? Is it worth the money? Will it keep me dry? (I am currently shopping for new rain gear). Any particular models you would recommend? Thanks in advance.

Just Jeff
04-11-2006, 10:58
I'm satisfied with my RedLedge pants. I guess there are lighter ones out there, but these are fairly durable, keep me dry, and didn't break the bank. I'd call them quality gear, but maybe not "top of the line" like Marmot or something.

txulrich
04-11-2006, 11:26
I have the Thunderlight jacket and full zip pants. They are a good compromise between light weight and durability. I try to go as light as possible, but my gear also has to be durable to withstand scout campouts. I'm real happy with this set.

hobbit
04-12-2006, 08:38
the jacket will keep you dry and is pretty durable

Phreak
04-12-2006, 09:23
I own the Red Ledge Storm jacket and I'm very pleased with it so far.

otterman
04-17-2006, 11:51
My Red Ledge jacket always got me wet in a good downpour. Not bad for lighter rain. I switched to Frogg Toggs and I'm very happy with them.