PDA

View Full Version : campsites in The Blue Rigde Swag?

crane egan
04-11-2006, 16:12
Planning our next section hike from Unico Gap GA. to Dicks Creek Gap GA. Would like to camp somewhere in the Blue Rigde Swag area. Anybody know the area and if there are good places to pitch a tent?:-?

MOWGLI
04-11-2006, 17:32
:welcome I can't speak to that specific trail section, but Georgia is plush with campsites. If by "our" you mean two, you shouldn't have a problem.

Have a great hike.

Skidsteer
04-11-2006, 17:40
Planning our next section hike from Unico Gap GA. to Dicks Creek Gap GA. Would like to camp somewhere in the Blue Rigde Swag area. Anybody know the area and if there are good places to pitch a tent?:-?

There are some flat places but I don't find the site particularly pretty. Your opinion may differ.

I don't remember if there was water close by, but there is a spring 1.1 mile North at Sassafras Gap, which also has possible tent sites.:)

Nearly Normal
04-12-2006, 04:50
I was through there the middle of March. I do remember that Addis Gap just before Kelly Knob was a good camp area. I think there used to be a shelter there and there is a water source.
Pete

Gray Blazer
04-12-2006, 07:46
Can't remember in particular if there was camping at the swag. I believe there is and there are all kinds of campsites and springs between Tray Mt. and Deep Gap. Deep Gap is extremely pretty with one of the nicest shelters I've seen on the AT. Even the privy has an awesome view.