PDA

View Full Version : Preacher Dude at Deep Gap Shelter

Preacher Dude
04-12-2006, 01:29
Later today I'll be at Deep Gap Shelter in GA and will be cooking breakfast and supper for all hikers....got lots of trail magic stuff....stop in and visit.

Walessp
04-12-2006, 06:25
PD

Hey - you never cooked a free breakfast for me! What gives?

Sky Rider (walessp)

Gray Blazer
04-12-2006, 09:33
You're probably already out there, but, I just wanted to say have a good time. I wish I could join you. You'd think more people AT this site would give encouragement or say a kind word, but, as I found out, it's more about their ego than it is enjoying being out in the wilderness and actually meeting fellow hikers. BTW, I don't perform Trail Magic because I'm not a fairy. I prefer to call it Trail Fun (I guess that could make me a clown. I'd rather be a clown than a fairy).

gr8fulyankee
04-12-2006, 10:26
heh! From the title I thought this was a warning about someone hanging out Preaching @ Deep Gap Shelter. Good thing it's only breakfast, or is it! Is this just a switch and bait situation.... "Here's breakfast, now have you been saved"
Or it could just be a person with a good heart trying to do something nice.

Gray Blazer
04-12-2006, 11:39
heh! From the title I thought this was a warning about someone hanging out Preaching @ Deep Gap Shelter. Good thing it's only breakfast, or is it! Is this just a switch and bait situation.... "Here's breakfast, now have you been saved"
Or it could just be a person with a good heart trying to do something nice.

I'd like to think it is someone doing something nice. On the other hand, I'd rather be AT Deep Gap today being preached to than be at work being b****** at.:p

chicote
04-12-2006, 13:24
Have fun. I could only dream to be out in the woods now. Instead I'm in a cube. Thanks for providing the magic.

Lion King
04-12-2006, 13:44
I thank you for all hikers who are lucky enough to be out there this year and wish I could be there in person to say how much the little things mean so much.

Keep on rockin':sun

Farmer
04-12-2006, 20:34

Why so suspicious?

gr8fulyankee
04-12-2006, 21:13
Why so suspicious?
I'm not, I just saw a button... so I pushed it! :p

Heater
04-12-2006, 21:17

Heheh. Beware the white wafers. :D

Farmer
04-14-2006, 08:04

Hiking is a lot more fun than pushing buttons. :p What keeps you from returning to NH? School, job, etc? Never been there, but plan to visit within next two years...NH, VT, ME.

Stix
04-14-2006, 20:44
Or it could just be a person with a good heart trying to do something nice. Hey, come on folks, you’re not going to find Atheist Allen, Buddha Buddy, Muslim Momma, Satan’s Son, or Wicca Woman out there doing trail magic. No, you’re going to run into folks like Preacher Dude. Just keep’ in it real! Preach on Preacher Dude!<o></o>

:sun

clayrfarris
04-18-2006, 15:48
I am glad to say I expereinced Preacher Dude's Dinner, breakfast and cold drinks. No preaching involved other than by example of do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Thanks Preacher Dude check www.trailjournals.com/clayrfarris (http://www.trailjournals.com/clayrfarris) for pics.

Clay R. Farris / Weatherman.

gr8fulyankee
04-28-2006, 14:22
Hey, come on folks, you’re not going to find Atheist Allen, Buddha Buddy, Muslim Momma, Satan’s Son, or Wicca Woman out there doing trail magic. No, you’re going to run into folks like Preacher Dude. Just keep’ in it real! Preach on Preacher Dude!<O></O>

:sun

I'm really glad your an expert on this.

I have gone out many times and done trail magic, I just dont care to post it here when I do like a lot of people. I think whole idea of trail magic is giving of ones self without expecting anything in return. I also dont leave propaganda behind trying to brain wash people with religion. :)

cannonball
04-28-2006, 14:26
Preach the Gospel at all times. If you must, use words.

St. Francis of Assisi

Preacher Dude
05-03-2006, 17:48
I was out for 2 1/2 weeks one week at Deep Gap shelter and 1 1/2 weeks at Addis Gap ...right on the trail...met over 300 people mainly thru hikers...they were much more of a blessing to me than I was to them. For those of you who are skeptical ...there are more ways to proclaim the love of Jesus than by "preaching" or as some of you would probably call "ramming Jesus down peoples' throats" Ive met folks like that ....and I don't do it. I prefer to operate the way Jesus did by addressing the physical needs. I try to see that the hikers (especially thrus) get two high protein nutririous meals with a stew composed of meat and fresh vegetables which I make from scratch each evening and a morning breakfast of vegetables and eggs and meat. My trail name "Preacher Dude" was given to me when some young hiker discovered that I was a minister. i will be going back to Addis Gap tomorrow morning and continue there until the 10th of May when I will break camp and then go to Damascus for trail days where I hope to be re-acquainted with those I have had the priviledge to meet and to serve on the trail as well as those who might be skeptical of what I am doing . May God bless you all.

max patch
05-03-2006, 18:26
Weatherman, great pic of sunrise on Blood.

Most thru's hurry off of Blood in search of the cabins at Goose Creek and Blood Mountain or the hostel at Walisi-Yi. This is what they miss.

max patch
05-03-2006, 18:27
Weatherman, great pic of sunrise on Blood.

Most thru's hurry off of Blood in search of the cabins at Goose Creek and Blood Mountain or the hostel at Walisi-Yi. This is what they miss.

Forgot the link.....

http://www.trailjournals.com/photos.cfm?id=138190