PDA

View Full Version : i now carry two cell phones

neo
04-12-2006, 21:25
:) i just got back from a 4 day hike,i carried both my old and new cell phone
when the battery dies i just remove the sims card and stick it in the other phone,my new phone has the upgraded my cast weather program in it also
:cool: neo

Heater
04-12-2006, 21:30
when the battery dies i just remove the sims card and stick it in the other phone,my new phone has the upgraded my cast weather program in it also

Rock on dude:cool: austexs.

Skidsteer
04-12-2006, 21:33

Neo,
I'll say one thing for you . You are an unabashed Bohemian!

Sly
04-12-2006, 21:36
I got you beat, I carry two pee bottles and a couple condoms as back-ups! :p

Heater
04-12-2006, 21:39

You pee in your condoms?:cool: austexs

Skidsteer
04-12-2006, 21:48

Same here. Worn-out prostates are a bitch!;)

Sly
04-12-2006, 21:50

Only when I get weird... :o

Heater
04-12-2006, 21:52
Same here. Worn-out prostates are a bitch!;)

Worn out prostate at age 43? you need to drink more beer!:cool: austexs

Frosty
04-12-2006, 21:52
Same here. Worn-out prostates are a bitch!;)Yeah, those guys who say to go to bed fully hydrated must be in their twenties. Pee bottle use is one reason I generaly prefer tents to shelters. Plus, I'm the only guy snoring in my tent :D

Skidsteer
04-12-2006, 21:56
Worn out prostate at age 43? you need to drink more beer!:cool: austexs

It's all relative. I used to be able to piss over a five rail fence. More like three rails these days.:D

Heater
04-12-2006, 21:56
Only when I get weird... :o

How often is that?:cool: austexs

If I were you I would have to buy Trojan stock. Then I could be weird all the time and not have to worry about financing my weirdness. But, that's just me. YMMV:cool: austexs

Heater
04-12-2006, 21:58
It's all relative. I used to be able to piss over a five rail fence. More like three rails these days.:D

Try it first thing in the morning. That's always good for a couple 'o more rails.:cool: austexs

Skidsteer
04-12-2006, 21:58
Yeah, those guys who say to go to bed fully hydrated must be in their twenties. Pee bottle use is one reason I generaly prefer tents to shelters. Plus, I'm the only guy snoring in my tent :D

We better watch it. We're in danger of getting this thread bumped to the "Men's health forum".:D

Skidsteer
04-12-2006, 22:01
Try it first thing in the morning. That's always good for a couple 'o more rails.:cool: austexs

I've always considered that method of scoring "cheating", but I guess I'm old enough to start compromising.:)

neo
04-12-2006, 22:13
I've always considered that method of scoring "cheating", but I guess I'm old enough to start compromising.:)

:D what the heck has pissing in a pee bottle or over a fence got to do with carrying 2 cell phone,might as well start talking about how hot and sexy hillary clinton is:cool: neo

Skidsteer
04-12-2006, 22:16
:D what the heck has pissing in a pee bottle or over a fence got to do with carrying 2 cell phone,might as well start talking about how hot and sexy hillary clinton is:cool: neo

Ask Sly. He started it.:D

Heater
04-12-2006, 22:21

I think the pissing over a fence discussion would be of great interest to hillary. I think she would be very interested in a hot hiker guy but you will have to get in line behind me.:cool: austexs

the goat
04-13-2006, 08:06
I think the pissing over a fence discussion would be of great interest to hillary.

yeah, i bet she could clear five rails easily.:cool: the goat

ZEKE #2
04-13-2006, 08:07
It's like getting my daily portion of "funnies". You guys crack me up!

MOWGLI
04-13-2006, 08:41
Lets see. You'll cut the tongue out of your hiking shoes to save 3 grams, spend 20 hours making a titanium trowel to save .5 ounces, cut the end of your toothbrush to.... :confused: and then carry two cell phones.

I had a strange dream last night. I rappelled down to the bottom of McAfee Knob, and there was a pile of broken cell phones 15' high where hikers had heaved them off the cliff above. I woke up with a smile on my face and a strange hankering to drink an ice cold Corona with a slice of lime. :sun

Sloghound
04-13-2006, 08:52
I carry and use four while I work. I'm not kidding. Three Verizons and a Nextel.

Can anyone guess four of the reasons why I want to go on a L-O-N-G hiking trip?

If I carry a C*** P**** when I hike, it will be locked in a bag with a tag that says "Open only in case of irresistable longing for what you have left".

Frosty
04-13-2006, 08:54
MOWGLI16]: I had a strange dream last night. I rappelled down to the bottom of McAfee Knob, and ....

... halfway down the rope broke. I landed on my head, and lay there dazed. Neo, who happened to be passing by, tried to call for help on his cell phone, but the battery was dying. Luckily for me, he carried a spare and used the second phone to call for help.

Fortunately, my skull is thick enough that it didn't crack, but in routine tests, doctors discoverd that some of my brain synapses have been short-cutting the switchbacks, as it were, and as a result my logic has been faulty, By restoring the synapses and forcing them to stay on the brain's white blazes, I now use the common sense lobe of my brain again, and realize that having a cell phone or two on the trail hurts no one, and just could save someone's synapse.

It sure did mine!

Thanks, Neo.

MOWGLI
04-13-2006, 09:03
Fortunately, (Mowgli's) skull is thick enough that it didn't crack, but in routine tests, doctors discoverd that some of (his) brain synapses have been short-cutting the switchbacks...

I cannot tell a lie. It all has to do with a single Grateful Dead Show - 10/31/80 @ Radio City Music Hall.

After 25 years, I'm nearly recovered. ;)

Sly
04-13-2006, 09:03
Wont be long before we see someone hiking the trail with a bluetooth. I actually feel sorry for those guys. Always on, always connected, walking around talking like zombies, gimme me a freakin break! :)

Sly
04-13-2006, 09:05
I went to Woodstock, I'll never recover! ;)

Two Speed
04-13-2006, 09:07
:D what the heck has pissing in a pee bottle or over a fence got to do with carrying 2 cell phone,might as well start talking about how hot and sexy hillary clinton is:cool: neoNeo complaining about "thread drift?" Now THAT'S funny!

Neo my friend, I didn't know you could be that subtle. Excellent!

the goat
04-13-2006, 09:09
Wont be long before we see someone hiking the trail with a bluetooth. I actually feel sorry for those guys. Always on, always connected, walking around talking like zombies, gimme me a freakin break! :)

amen sly! i feel the same way, i'd even bet someone's got bluetooth out there right now!

leeki pole
04-13-2006, 09:38
I had a strange dream last night. I rappelled down to the bottom of McAfee Knob, and there was a pile of broken cell phones 15' high where hikers had heaved them off the cliff above. I woke up with a smile on my face and a strange hankering to drink an ice cold Corona with a slice of lime. :sun[/quote]

Ahhh...my Corona....on a beach...with Hillary...priceless!:cool:

Turtle2
04-13-2006, 09:57
Funny, Neo. Never can tell where a thread will twist.

Lacbe
04-13-2006, 11:35
Now, I got a gold tooth in the back of my mouth, where no one can see it and some silver fillings, but who would want to have a blue tooth. Thats got to be some one from way back in the mountains whos trying to impress the women folks.

Lacbe
04-13-2006, 11:43
Where's Earnest T. Bass? I bet hes got a blue tooth.

vipahman
04-13-2006, 11:57
Thanks austexs. Damn, I never thought of a condom as a pee bottle. :-? Now, I'll have some explaining to do to my wife when she sees me packing a condom. My water bottles shall stay clean henceforth.:D

Mags
04-13-2006, 12:00

As recently as five years ago, if a person walked down the street talking to themselves, they were labeled "a crazy person".

Now? Throw on a pair of khakis and a polo shirt and they are probably a "professional" using those Borg-like [1] phones!

[1]. Yep. I have my geek roots! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borg

Footslogger
04-13-2006, 12:05
I went to Woodstock, I'll never recover! ;)
==============================
You animal. I knew there was something likeable about you.

I (unforunately) was wearing OD in 1969 and Uncle Sam wasn't giving out R & R passes to fly home for the concert.

Gimme an "F" ...

'Slogger

neo
04-13-2006, 12:17
It's like getting my daily portion of "funnies". You guys crack me up!

:D we try to keep it fun:cool: neo

Uncle Silly
04-13-2006, 16:42
Thanks austexs. Damn, I never thought of a condom as a pee bottle. :-? Now, I'll have some explaining to do to my wife when she sees me packing a condom. My water bottles shall stay clean henceforth.:D

Just be careful not to spill the contents while you're trying to tie a knot in that bad boy...

Heater
04-13-2006, 16:48

I also impresses the checkout girl when you buy a case of XX Large Magnums.
:banana

Frolicking Dinosaurs
04-13-2006, 20:18
I'm not going near any of you fellows at the shelters with the XX Magnums. I'm just saying...

neo
04-13-2006, 20:18
I also impresses the checkout girl when you buy a case of XX Large Magnums.
:banana

:D condums suck:cool: neo

woodsy
04-13-2006, 20:32
Condums ruin good sex like cell phones ruin a good hike.

grrickar
04-14-2006, 19:17
Condums ruin good sex like cell phones ruin a good hike.

And neither of them work when you want them to.;)

woodsy
04-14-2006, 19:22
hey neo, you see those mini wind turbines you can wear on your head to charge your cell phone batteries? Your're gonna need two of them for your two cell phones.... if you set em up so that they are two feet in front of you they might cut some blackflies up and some cobwebs too! LOL!

MOWGLI
04-14-2006, 19:28
hey neo, you see those mini wind turbines you can wear on your head to charge your cell phone batteries? Your're gonna need two of them for your two cell phones.... if you set em up so that they are two feet in front of you they might cut some blackflies up and some cobwebs too! LOL!

Rick/Neo:

Still thinking about changing your trail name? How about Propeller Head? :cool:

woodsy
04-14-2006, 19:33
He's bound to look like a twin engine airplane going up or down the trail, except he can't get off the ground......!

Frosty
04-14-2006, 19:52
Condums ruin good sex like cell phones ruin a good hike.I don't think you're using your cell phone correctly. That isn't what the manufacturer intended VIBRATE mode to be used for! :eek:

woodsy
04-14-2006, 20:20
Atta-boy Frosty.... way to keep the humor going... good one!