PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions; getting to trail days from trail and whiteblaze site

Thumper 2006
04-13-2006, 14:58
My first question is I just currently made it to Damascus and have been here since sunday waiting on some people to catch up. I am hiking out tommorrow. My question is that traildays is not until next month. I will be well into VA, is it easy to get back from Damascus from the trail? And if so what "method" should I use to get back for traildays? Last question is I am wondering how to change my username on this site? I got the trail name "Thumper since I have been out here so I would like to make it official on the website. The wonderer was just my username for the site but would like to change it, could someone tell me how?

Alligator
04-13-2006, 15:02
Email/PM admin about the name change.

Uncle Silly
04-13-2006, 16:08
Make a note of the dates of Trail Days, and when the date gets close, hop off the trail and stick out your thumb.

Rendezvous01
04-13-2006, 17:39
Or figure out where you'll be at about the right time, post it here on WB, and maybe you can arrange a ride with someone heading southbound down I81.

Sly
04-13-2006, 20:02
Within a day or two of Trail Days you should be able to get a lift back from any major trailhead. Lots of people stop along the way offering rides. Getting back to the trail is easy, with a few folks taking all comers, including Bob Peoples if you do Hardcore.