PDA

View Full Version : Rainfall in North Carolina

Mountain Dog
04-13-2006, 23:10
I asked this in another section. I'm posting here also because I am not sure where would be the best place to post. I am hiking Sams Gap to Davenport Gap in NC next week. It appears the springs at many of the shelters are highly dependent upon recent rainfall, expecially Spring Mountain Shelter. Does anyone have any recent experience through that area or can you tell me if there has been much rain on the trail this month. Weather channels do not show enough details regarding rain in the mountains to help me.

Ridge
04-14-2006, 00:03
Water source's should be fine this time of year, usually in late summer when the problems start.

Dust
04-14-2006, 02:46
Water source's should be fine this time of year, usually in late summer when the problems start.

Ridge, why did you use an apostrophe in "source's"? You make a word plural by adding an "s" without an apostrophe. Using an apostrophe makes the word singular possessive, as if the source (singular) owns something.

Really, people, what has happened to our educational system? Judging by the way many people write today, it appears that a good 20 percent or more of adults (adults, not adult's) have either: (1) never finished elementary school, or (2) weren't taught the basics of the English language in school. That is really sad. :(

RITBlake
04-14-2006, 03:17
Ridge, why did you use an apostrophe in "source's"? You make a word plural by adding an "s" without an apostrophe. Using an apostrophe makes the word singular possessive, as if the source (singular) owns something.

nobody cares. you are lame.

Ridge
04-14-2006, 04:31
Ridge, why did you use an apostrophe in "source's"?.........

To give a dork lak you sumthing to post about, obvuously, you know nuthin bout hiking, all youins bean duing have been trying to korrect those's of usins posts's who could give a RATS ASS.

snowhoe
04-14-2006, 11:13
WOW Grammer coach you would never make it on a thru hike because you would spend to much time correcting the trail regesters in the shelters.