PDA

View Full Version : Photos of White Blazes

Askus3
04-14-2006, 08:43
I know this is subject to personal discretion but I was wondering what is the most photographed white blaze on the AT. I also added a poll out of curiosity to see what you folks think. Add links to your white blaze photo.

RITBlake
04-14-2006, 08:54
the one on Jack Tarlins t-shirt

MOWGLI
04-14-2006, 08:57
Either the first one at Springer, or the one on the stone structure at Walasi-Yi - as you head north.

That's my guess anyway.

RITBlake
04-14-2006, 08:57
It would have to be Springer right? by the numbers there are thousands more people that see that end of the trail when doing a thru hike opposed to the slim number that actually see Katahdin. And its the first WB, its a big moment.

Askus3
04-14-2006, 10:02
My vote is for the blaze on the floor of Steve Longley's canoe. It is so unique to have to take a ferry across the Kennebec to follow the AT. Maybe it isn't most photographed but Katahdin's sign is photographed alot but not the first white balze which is on the rocks under the sign. Usually someone is standing on the blaze. I don't have that blaze in my photo collection. Never been south of the Water gap so couldn't answer for Springer. What makes the stone structure on Walsasi-Yi so popular? I would think there should be a white blaze on the Katahdin and Springer Mt. signs.

max patch
04-14-2006, 10:06
Springer. Not even close.