PDA

View Full Version : Albert Arms Trail Magic 06 Photos

fishinfred
04-17-2006, 22:38
Hey All !
Heres a link to my photo Album of some neat pics taken up on the mountain where we made it 18 days and fed 400 thru/section hikers , 2 injured taken down the Mt to the care of Ronnie in Franklin.
Music ,food,and great tales with great people filled our days and the magic was POWERFUL GOOD!!! !THANKS TO ALL WHO HELPED!
More than a couple WhiteBlazers on there ,enjoy!
Hope to see ya all at Trail Days !
:banana
Fishinfred

Photo Album

http://fredor111.tripod.com/albert_arms_trail_magic_06/

RITBlake
04-17-2006, 23:07
don't remember albert mtn, someone refresh my memory?

Miss Janet
04-17-2006, 23:46
Stopping by to visit Fred and his friends was one of the more memorable moments of the last month.........it was a great surprise and greatly appreciated by one and all.

Final comment.....there are various voices on the Internet and elsewhere who spend all sorts of time decrying and criticizing "Trail Magic" as a bad thing, something to be shunned and avoided, like it's some sort of acquired skin ailment.

It's very simple....as you proceed North or South, you're gonna run into folks offering you stuff: Food, drink, sanctuary, you name it. Here's the news: If you're not interested in what's being offerred at that point in time, then you smile, nod your head, say "No, thanks!" and you keep on hiking. It ain't that difficult.

The "There's too much Trail Magic and it's getting out of hand!" argument comes from folks who weren't much fun on their hikes when they didn't encounter much of this sort of kindness, and have been resentful ever since.....or they simply weren't thatmuch fun to begin with, and haven't improved with age.

Anyway, thanx Fred and company. Hope you get paid back tenfold.

You guys made my afternoon!

Jack Tarlin
04-17-2006, 23:48
Apologies to Ms. Janet.....she left her Whiteblaze account open, i.e., in the above post, it apperaed under her name; the comments and opinion are mine alone.

Viva Trail Magic!!

RedneckRye
04-18-2006, 00:15
I had a great time as well, almost as much fun as the 2 days of magic Sandy and Limbo (both GA-ME'05) and I got to do at Street Gap last wednesday-friday after finishing my Springer - Erwin jaunt. Gatorade's griddle has got to be about the coolest thing I've ever seen.

fishinfred
04-18-2006, 09:23
Gatorade's griddle has got to be about the coolest thing I've ever seen.[/quote]

Actually the Griddle was Berrys and came from his grandfathers farm in Dover Foxcroft Maine.He spent a whole day with a handfile dulling it out.It is 32 inch dia..and I think the record was 18 pancakes at a time :)
Unfortunetly they could not make it this year but did bless us with "the Griddle". Hopefully we will have it at Trail Days LOADED WITH BURITTOS:banana

Hey Jack ya got me there for a minute ...thought I was having a memory lapse. I wished Miss Janet could have made it so we could have given her "the pamper treatment" she soooo deserves! If someones reading this from her house "you go find that woman and give her a hug & Kiss for me "!Alot of Love in that womans heart!
Thanks

See ya at Traildays !
FF

Gray Blazer
04-18-2006, 09:23
I talked to a lot of nice Nobo's Mar23-26 near Tellico Gap and when I asked them what the best part of their trip had been so far they almost all mentioned you guys at Albert Mountain! Way to go!

crutch
04-18-2006, 12:09
I had a great time up on the hill with yourself and all the other angels.
Between your breakfast and my lunches I think we put an awful lot of smiles on some weary faces.....I look forward to seeing you both back up there again next year.

Crutch

fishinfred
04-18-2006, 12:38
Back at ya Crutch it was a pleasure
It was like I said POWERFUL GOOD STUFF and I wish I was still out there somewheres.... Maybe after Trail Days ....somewheres :)
Maybe next year we'll go for that record breaker 33 days(Continuous ) .... or longer, unless we're hikin ourselves (which hopefully will be the case )
Oh I hope we didnt mess with anyones wilderness experience out there :)
Anyone know where I can get a pair of Trail Magic Blinders for my next thru attempt???
Thanks again for all the "Positive vibes" which is what makes it happen !
FF