PDA

View Full Version : !Hammocks!

Green Bean
04-19-2006, 11:26
Best hammock in your Opinion

hauptman
04-19-2006, 12:31
What about the adventure racer model from hennesy? My personal favorite!!! I modified mine with less fabric/no stuff sack/lighter guylines/etc... 12oz. Normally is 15oz. Happy hanging!!!

attroll
04-19-2006, 13:36
I voted for the hammock I currently own. I have not tried any others but I did research them before I bought mine. Also I saw Jacks R Better on the voting poll. I do not think they make hammocks. If they do I must have missed something.

Footslogger
04-19-2006, 13:44
HH with the JacksRBetter 8 x 8 tarp. But I'm a fair weather tree dweller.

'Slogger

peter_pan
04-19-2006, 13:55
ATTroll is correct, Jacks R Better does not currently make hammocks... Recently, we did add Tom Clator's Mosquito Hammock for sale on our web site.

As a side note... there are many confusing posts on mosquito/moskito hammocks by less than accuarate posters...For the record and hopefully future clarity.

Tom Clator makes the Mosquito Hammock and Byer makes the Moskito Hammock.

These are very different hammocks, although both are on the more reasonable end of cost... Interested folk should check the respective web sites for details of each model.

JRB is more like the BASF of the hammock world....We don't make the hammock, Jacks R making hammocking Better.

Pan

Footslogger
04-19-2006, 13:59
[quote=peter_pan]JRB is more like the BASF of the hammock world....We don't make the hammock, Jacks R making hammocking Better.
======================================
I love it ....

Definitely true in the tarp area !!

'Slogger

peter_pan
04-19-2006, 14:11
Hate to double post but.... This type of poll has little value because there are no criteria .

Further, looking at the poll design there is complete imbalance... There are seven Hennessy models (Different models are made for different purposes and / different customer sizes. Speer also makes two different sizes but this is not noted... "Jungle" hammock is a crap shoot as there are probably 6-8 current models from a wide variety of sources with this nomenclature... and may popular hammocks are not included:Mosquito, Expedtion( Clator), Moskito and several other models by Byer, Eagles nest etc....

Ya'LL enjoy vot'n...

Pan

Ramble~On
04-20-2006, 03:28
I have to agree with Peter Pan.
You have listed some "good" hammocks but you have missed some great ones. IMHO

Green Bean
04-20-2006, 08:44
yeah I dont no I had 5 minutes left in class and school is the only place I can get onto whiteblaze to post. Anyways I wanted to go with a HH and just put down the other companies just to do I guess to see if they had any rankings in the poll. So really the point of the poll was to see other peoples opinions on different HH models ~GB

2Questions
04-20-2006, 20:54
HH ULB with MacCat tarp with optional guyline pockets sewn to corners. The best!