PDA

View Full Version : Did You Send an E-mail to Help Prevent Severe Budget Cuts To Trails?

LostInSpace
04-20-2006, 21:48
I'm curious about how responsive are the WB members, and guests as well, concerning the House and Senate considering budget and appropriations bills that will fund trail. Thanks to Tha Wookie for bringing this issue to everyone's attention.

See post http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14469.

Skidsteer
04-20-2006, 21:56
How about " Not yet but planning to get around to it?"

I'm just getting my equilibrium back after tax season, after all. Cut me some slack? :D

Cuffs
04-20-2006, 22:14
Of course I didnt exactly "email" one of them... I spoke to them in person... It kind of helps when the live only 2 doors down...

RITBlake
04-20-2006, 22:26
hand written, traditionaly mailed letters are far more effective. Emails can easily be deleted or ignored.

MOWGLI
04-20-2006, 22:43
hand written, traditionaly mailed letters are far more effective. Emails can easily be deleted or ignored.

If you hand write a letter, send it to the district office in your local state. Not Washington, DC. Non-electronic correspondence to DC gets irradiated, and mail takes a long time (if ever) to arrive at the Congressman's or Senator's office.

Thank you!

SGT Rock
04-21-2006, 01:55
Good Advice Mowgli, I wouldn't have known this unless you mentioned it. I will write mine from Iraq.

Tin Man
04-21-2006, 07:32
Rock, you never cease to amaze me. Here you are fighting an unpopular war and you take the time to write a congressman about the trail. Kudos to you. I never felt the urge to write my representatives...until now. Guess I will get to that.

MOWGLI
04-21-2006, 08:01
Good Advice Mowgli, I wouldn't have known this unless you mentioned it. I will write mine from Iraq.

So good to hear from you Sarge! Thanks for all you do - in Iraq, and for trails. Hurry home safe to your family, both immediate and extended. We miss you.

Tha Wookie
04-21-2006, 08:14
Rock, you never cease to amaze me. Here you are fighting an unpopular war and you take the time to write a congressman about the trail. Kudos to you. I never felt the urge to write my representatives...until now. Guess I will get to that.

You are right about that!

If there was ever an example to follow about being brave and following through with conviction it is Sgt Rock.

If he can do it from Iraqin the midst of a war, why can I take five minutes and do it here in the peace preserved?

I imagine that trails here at home are some of the things Rock is there for.

:clap

BigToe
04-21-2006, 09:32
The NY/NJ Trail Conference has a good template at:
http://actionnetwork.org/campaign/trailbudget2007/

Take a minute and make a difference.

SGT Rock
04-21-2006, 10:10
I also plan to vote this year - I know there isn't a Presidential election going on, but every two years for Congress.

Being a good American means getting involved. Now y'all that feel a little sheepish, go do some trail maintenance and give back :D