PDA

View Full Version : My Smokies Section...

ToeJam
04-24-2006, 09:45
We had our annual AT section hike last week, the 14th thru the 23rd, from Fontana to Hot Springs - was a GREAT time! Got to meet alot of cool people including Model-T and maybe even some others from WB after I look them all up. The weather was great if a little warm for the first few days. Had the bear excitement and all.

BUT - someof you may remember I was asking alot about Clingmansbeing closed etc- my man was having a conniption when I sent him that link. Well come to find out that was because he had an elaborate plan set up for the last year. I got proposed to at the highest point on the AT! :D What an analogy - took alot to get there, it was a high point with alot of ups and down, but still so much to come... I was taken aback!

OK I know there are more males than females here but isn't that SO romantic! :cool: Everyone we encountered on the trail knew before any of our family or that hehe.

So... has anyone here done a hiking theme wedding? We had our first date here locally on a hiking trail so I think I'd like to do it there this summer. And the best news, the most dressed up I will get is maybe my hiking skort and my CLEAN socks lol!

I'll report more trip details later but just wanted to share my news here!

~ ToeJam

Skidsteer
04-24-2006, 18:59
some of you may remember I was asking alot about Clingmansbeing closed etc- my man was having a conniption when I sent him that link. Well come to find out that was because he had an elaborate plan set up for the last year. I got proposed to at the highest point on the AT! :D What an analogy - took alot to get there, it was a high point with alot of ups and down, but still so much to come... I was taken aback!

OK I know there are more males than females here but isn't that SO romantic! :cool: Everyone we encountered on the trail knew before any of our family or that hehe.

I'll report more trip details later but just wanted to share my news here!
~ ToeJam

Congratulations! and best wishes to you.