PDA

View Full Version : thrashed boots

titanium_hiker
04-24-2006, 10:09
ok so they were old and not a name brand, but still. The upper has come away from the sole- do I try and superglue it or just go for new boots (argh! that would mean spending money! -says the poor unemployed student)

anyway. The field repair worked until I took off the boots, then the tape contstricted. Also the grip is seriously messed up with the tape on the bottom of the boot.

titanium_hiker

stag3
04-24-2006, 12:04
ok so they were old and not a name brand, but still. The upper has come away from the sole- do I try and superglue it or just go for new boots (argh! that would mean spending money! -says the poor unemployed student)

Well not spending money makes for a challenging problem. Depending on the sole construction, you can have these resoled for about $60. This is not cheap, but might be okay if the tops are in good shape. I did mine last year, and I'm really glad I did. Just google boot repair and you'll find some.
You might also try the local shoe repair shop.

titanium_hiker
04-24-2006, 21:23
I can justify spending for a decent boot- I guess I need to do it soon though, to break them in...

Though I liked these ones, I got some serious usage out of them, and sometimes you could really feel the wierd design features.

At the moment I think that I need to get a REAL pair of boots. I don't think it's worth spending money on what are, really, crap boots.

But it was fun while it lasted...

Thanks for that reference though- it will help me make an educated economical choice.

titanium_hiker