PDA

View Full Version : Trail Days Roll Call

Skidsteer
04-24-2006, 20:40
I did a quick search and didn't find a thread that specifically asks, "Are you attending Trail Days(2006)?"

Sooo....here's your chance to let everyone know you'll be there. I'll start the roll call:

We(Skidsteer, Flash, and Bodyguard) are heading up on 5/17(Wednesday).

Chime in if you're going to make it this year (or not:( ).

Looking forward to meeting lots of old/new friends.:sun

Lone Wolf
04-24-2006, 21:17
I live here so I guess I'll be there.

Skidsteer
04-24-2006, 21:36

Yeah Wolf, I sorta thought you might. :D See you in Damascus!

jmaclennan
04-24-2006, 21:52
not that more than 2 people know me on this forum, but i'm going! i'll be the one with the beard.

Mountain Man
04-24-2006, 21:59
I'll be there, going up on Thursday. Beard too so it might be confusing. :)

Blissful
04-24-2006, 22:08
Skipper, Paul Bunyan, and I will be there (Skipper also has a beard, ha, ha). Coming down Friday and leaving Sat eve. Can't wait! How will we know who is who? Is there name tags or something? Or wear a placard? ha ha

Skidsteer
04-24-2006, 22:14
I'll be there, going up on Thursday. Beard too so it might be confusing. :)

Right! I don't think beards will be a reliable identifier for the men. So far I'm the only poster on the thread without a beard. And that could change between now and then.:D

OTOH, any ladies that claim they may be recognized by their beard will certainly stand out from the crowd.

Smee
04-24-2006, 22:17
Jack and Jack will be there. One of us has a beard. :confused:

StarLyte
04-24-2006, 22:18

Arriving Thursday.

Can't wait.

Marsha

attroll
04-25-2006, 01:27
I will be there. Maybe we need to have a place to meet again one morning and have a WhiteBlaze get together.

Traction
04-25-2006, 01:44
I'll be there. hopefully i can manage a hike into damascus.. maybe from rockfish gap? that'd be nice. hm, maybe i should get started.:eek:

tyro
04-25-2006, 01:53
I might make it. Not sure yet.

SGT Rock
04-25-2006, 02:02
Sorry, I would like to, but I have another engagement.

MOWGLI
04-25-2006, 06:48
Sorry, I would like to, but I have another engagement.

Well, my excuse ain't as legitimate as yours Sarge, but I won't be there either. Maybe next year.

Belew
04-25-2006, 06:54
not that more than 2 people know me on this forum, but i'm going! i'll be the one with the beard.

Same here, I should be there by Thursday night.

Marta
04-25-2006, 07:05
I should be there Sat. and Sun. I'll be at the Speer Hammock booth doing whatever Ed and Karen tell me needs to be done. I'm the very tall woman. No beard. Yet.

hikerjohnd
04-25-2006, 07:17
Well, a week ago it was a definite no. Then it was a definite yes. Now with graduation on the 6th, and a dream job offer (well, I have been contacted anyway), it will depend on when the new job starts - so I will commit to a firm possibly. The gear is packed (was planning a week of hiking afterwards) and gas money is set aside, but if this job happens, hiking will definitely take a back seat. Either way, I will be unshaven, but the beard thing never really worked for me. I hope I do make it though - I want to see Marta's beard!

generoll
04-25-2006, 07:42
I'm planning on arriving on Friday evening. Might just check in at Abingdon and get to Damascus on Saturday.

Mountain Maiden
04-25-2006, 08:15
Be there Thurs. Arrving w/Papa Smurf and Flame. Staying at Apple Tree B&B. No beard. Can't wait to see all my wonderful hiker friends!

D'Artagnan
04-25-2006, 08:33
This will be my first TD -- does a goatee count? :rolleyes:

Lugnut
04-25-2006, 08:47
I will be there. Maybe we need to have a place to meet again one morning and have a WhiteBlaze get together.

Good idea. This time schedule it for when Dot's is open! :D

Footslogger
04-25-2006, 09:12

===================================
I'm one of the 2 people who know him and I'll be the other one with a beard (like that's unique??). Actually both BasAss Turtle and I will be there (but she doesn't have a beard).

See ya'll in Damascus ...

'Slogger

Trail Yeti
04-25-2006, 09:24
I'll be there sometime Thursday....My beard is Red, my hair is long, and I wear a Kilt! I'm pretty easy to recognize. See y'all there!

Bilko
04-25-2006, 09:39
I will not be able to make it this year. Actually, I have never been able to make it. However, it has always been one gathering/party that I plan on attending. I did make it to Damascus last year, in July on my section hike. I actually stayed in 'The Place' by myself. I bet that doesn't happen during Trail Days. I have seen pictures that had about 20 tents set up outside 'The Place'. I guess when I grow a beard, I will know it's time to take the road to Damascus.

TOW
04-25-2006, 10:12
i be there

Skyline
04-25-2006, 10:29
Hiking into TD again this year. Probably from the north, starting at either Fox Creek (would start Mon.) or Massie Gap (would start Tues.). Hope to get to Damascus mid-day Thurs. Most likely ending via the Creeper. Itinerary not set in cement yet.

Anyone else planning to do the same or similar? Want to devise a two-vehicle hike? Click on "Skyline" to get to my user CP and send me an e-mail.

BTW, I'll be hiking with my trail dawg Savannah...well behaved and always leashed.

The Solemates
04-25-2006, 11:03
not sure yet. will be arriving back home that tuesday from a vacation, so now sure if i can make it only a 3 day week and leave again on friday, but we'll see.

Ewker
04-25-2006, 11:07
I will be there. I only know one person (HOI) who posts on here.

Newb
04-25-2006, 13:11
Arriving Wednesday. I may hike out thursday and overnight then hike back for Friday and Saturday.

Sly
04-25-2006, 13:16
I've only missed two in ten years (hiking out west) and plan on getting there Thursday night. Save a space!

gr8fulyankee
04-25-2006, 13:20
I will be going, and if someone from the Roswell-Atlanta area needs a ride PM me. I will be leaving Friday afternoon between 2 and 3, and coming back Sunday noonish? Sorry NO DOGS!

Krewzer
04-25-2006, 17:27
I'm shooting for Thursday, but definitely by Friday....no beard, just mustache.

Shutterbug
04-25-2006, 18:15
I did a quick search and didn't find a thread that specifically asks, "Are you attending Trail Days(2006)?"

Sooo....here's your chance to let everyone know you'll be there. I'll start the roll call:

We(Skidsteer, Flash, and Bodyguard) are heading up on 5/17(Wednesday).

Chime in if you're going to make it this year (or not:( ).

Looking forward to meeting lots of old/new friends.:sun

I would enjoy attending, but I will be in Kenya doing a photo Safari. Maybe next year.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
04-25-2006, 18:59
We plan to frolick into town on Thursday.

eArThworm
04-25-2006, 21:14
Arriving around lunchtime Friday. Staying at Dancing Bear. If someone comes up with a place and time for a get-together, I'll try to make it. Unless it's
Friday eve. at 6pm--got another engagement then.

Hikerhead
04-25-2006, 21:33
I'll be there sat and sun. camping at Beartree.

fishinfred
04-25-2006, 22:12
I will be there ! Set up will be same as last year (across from MRO) . FREE STICKERS (WB,& AT),for the first hundred or so to stop in ! I hope to be in Damascus a week early to Hike some and Play some before I have to work all weekend (my set up will be from 10-6 fri,sat,sun?) Then its Bluegrass & Drum Circle time!
DON'T FORGET HARDCORE!(after the weekend festivities)
Give a little help if you can !
:banana

I'll have alot of "Stuff" this year that I hope ya'll will like from Stickers,License Plates ,Plaques ,CLOCKS, MAGNETIC JEWELRY,Pendants,Magnets and I've been working on a really GREAT Trail Maintenence Fund Raiser (its still in the works but its in the "Higher ups" hands right now) and I hope to have that going by then too.
A lot of NEW Designs if ya care to see em

fishinfreds.com
(go to the AT HIKER page )

HAPPY TRAILS!!!!
See ya'll there
Fishinfred

Hikerhead
04-25-2006, 22:34
Fishing Fred. Any chance you might have some AT stickers that you attach to the inside of the windows.....no i don't what that term is. ;)

BooBoo
04-25-2006, 22:40
I want to come but.... I need some repairs to the ol'beater and I may have some fines and court costs coming up .... We'll see..

fishinfred
04-25-2006, 23:25
Fishing Fred. Any chance you might have some AT stickers that you attach to the inside of the windows.....no i don't what that term is. ;)

Yep you can stick the AT ones inside or out and if you wanted any other design it can be made for inside (Just cut reversed). As the Vinyl I use lasts 7-10 years outdoors I make all the stickers for outside applications so let me know if you need anything made up for inside .I'll be happy to make it for you.
If theres anyone unable to make it to TDs this year that would like anything I'll be home for another week just drop me an email & I can get it sent to you before I leave .
Thanks
:D FF

attroll
04-26-2006, 01:45
I hope we can schedule a meeting time and place for WhiteBlaze members while we are there. I am thinking sometime Saturday morning like we have in the past. But if it is not posted here then Fishen Fred will have his booth open across from the Mount Rogers Outfitters in town and he will most likely know when and where out meeting time is.

StarLyte
04-26-2006, 06:05
Hiking into TD again this year. Probably from the north, starting at either Fox Creek (would start Mon.) or Massie Gap (would start Tues.). Hope to get to Damascus mid-day Thurs. Most likely ending via the Creeper. Itinerary not set in cement yet.

Anyone else planning to do the same or similar? Want to devise a two-vehicle hike? Click on "Skyline" to get to my user CP and send me an e-mail.

BTW, I'll be hiking with my trail dawg Savannah...well behaved and always leashed.

Hey Skyline-
I did this hike in '04 going into Trail Days. Fox Creek is a good idea. MRO shuttled me up. It was a perfect hike--perfect weather. There were a lot of hikers going back south/flip flopping though-so make sure you take a tent because you probably won't get shelter space. Email me for a link to a collection of photos if you'd like. [email protected]

Marsha

StarLyte
04-26-2006, 06:14
I should be there Sat. and Sun. I'll be at the Speer Hammock booth doing whatever Ed and Karen tell me needs to be done. I'm the very tall woman. No beard. Yet.

Hey Marta-I'll stop by and see you. I always visit Karen.
Marsha

peter_pan
04-26-2006, 08:10
The clean shaven Jack here....Just adding to Smees post that there will be free mini-biners for the first 100 folks stopping by Jacks 'R' Better...want our WB friends to have the word early... Stop and say high.

Pan

I had a beard once (2003 section hike) but Wendy made me shave it off ....tough never growing up. :D

Local
04-26-2006, 09:32
I'll be the old geek with short hair wandering around looking a bit lost, even though I live here. My apologies in advance for any embarrassing photos of you which might appear on www.traildays.info or www.damascus.org. :) I usually get permission but sometimes the photo (like Mala and the "harmless hiker" sign) is too good not to use.

Skyline
04-26-2006, 10:22
Hey Skyline-
I did this hike in '04 going into Trail Days. Fox Creek is a good idea. MRO shuttled me up. It was a perfect hike--perfect weather. There were a lot of hikers going back south/flip flopping though-so make sure you take a tent because you probably won't get shelter space. Email me for a link to a collection of photos if you'd like. [email protected]

Marsha

Marsha,

I do this nearly every year--hike into TD from one direction or another, via various routes. FAIK we might have met in '04!

I never stay in shelters, always tent; even my dawg has her own tarp which she carries in her own pack :-). If hiking in from Grayson Highlands, I always run into NOBOs going SOBO as you say.

I've most often used the shuttle services of Mark & Janet Holmes of Fox Hill Inn in Troutdale, just because they've become friends. However, the idea of hooking up for the hike with someone going that way anyhow, and doing a two-vehicle shuttle, has an appeal too.

Skyline

Pennsylvania Rose
04-26-2006, 10:37
Don't know any of you, but would like to meet y'all sometime. Can't make TD, though, and don't really like crowds. Shaved my beard last week :)

-Rosie

fishinfred
04-26-2006, 13:33
FYI
There is a former Thru Hiker/Trail Angel (SKIRT) and her friends that will have a tent set up (somewheres?) for TDs and will be doing Hiker Makeovers and Massages for the Thru-Hikers or anyone else .Their theme is "Be Relaxed on the AT" (BRAT).So theres somethin else for ya to do....GET BRATIFIED!:D
Sounds like a Hoot to me ....all for donation
Hope I can get over there (I'll hang on to the old grey beard tho....)
See Y'all in Damascus!!!
:banana

FF

StarLyte
04-26-2006, 21:03
I want to come but.... I need some repairs to the ol'beater and I may have some fines and court costs coming up .... We'll see..

Hey BooBoo---I hope you can make it.
Marsha

Marta
04-26-2006, 21:30
I want to see Marta's beard!

I'm not making much progress on the beard. It's still invisible. Maybe another ten years will do the trick. Mediterranean heritage, you know.

Starlyte--I'm looking forward to it! We didn't get much time to talk at the Ruck.

warren doyle
04-26-2006, 21:38
Probably arriving on Friday. Programs on Saturday. Contradancing in the evening at Rock School. Sicily's afterwards. Whitetop Ramp Festival on Sunday.

Mother Nature
04-26-2006, 22:18
Smokestack and I will be arriving Thursday. Staying in Abingdon. Looking forward to meeting some WBers. Will check with Fishin' Fred about meeting place and time.

You will recognize me. I'm the one not smoking the pipe. Hope to see the Frolicking Dinosaurs again!

Mother Nature and Smokestack

Disney
04-26-2006, 22:24
I'll be there on Thursday, or thereabouts. Law school finals finish just before the party. Wonderful way to blow off steam.

StarLyte
04-27-2006, 06:59
Marsha,

I do this nearly every year--hike into TD from one direction or another, via various routes. FAIK we might have met in '04!

I never stay in shelters, always tent; even my dawg has her own tarp which she carries in her own pack :-). If hiking in from Grayson Highlands, I always run into NOBOs going SOBO as you say.

I've most often used the shuttle services of Mark & Janet Holmes of Fox Hill Inn in Troutdale, just because they've become friends. However, the idea of hooking up for the hike with someone going that way anyhow, and doing a two-vehicle shuttle, has an appeal too.

Skyline

It is very possibly that we did meet, did you hike with your dog in 04? I hiked with a man named Paco.

If I see you a Trail Days I'll know for sure ;)

I hope we figure out a place for all of us to meet there. Sure would be nice, I missed meeting everyone at Dot's last year because I held a breakfast benefit for the Appalachian Trail Museum. A few Whiteblazers stopped by afterwards though-that was real nice, and then I saw Slog and Turtle walking by too.

Marsha

Skyline
04-27-2006, 09:52
It is very possibly that we did meet, did you hike with your dog in 04? I hiked with a man named Paco.

If I see you a Trail Days I'll know for sure ;)

I hope we figure out a place for all of us to meet there. Sure would be nice, I missed meeting everyone at Dot's last year because I held a breakfast benefit for the Appalachian Trail Museum. A few Whiteblazers stopped by afterwards though-that was real nice, and then I saw Slog and Turtle walking by too.

Marsha

Yep, was with my dawg--a mix of Yellow Lab, German Shepherd, and something smaller, possibly Beagle. Went from Massie Gap to Damascus, camping not far from Deep Gap first night and near Taylor Valley on the Creeper second night. Hope to see you in Damascus this year.

Gray Blazer
04-27-2006, 10:25
Is there a website for Trail Days? Who would I contact about renting a booth?

Local
04-27-2006, 11:30
Is there a website for Trail Days? Who would I contact about renting a booth?

http://www.traildays.info/

To contact the Town of Damascus for matters related to Trail Days 2006,
e-mail Tonya Triplett: damascusclerk at earthlink.net,
or Shirley Brand: damascustreasurer at earthlink.net.
(Replace the at and spaces with @. This is to prevent spam.)
The town's main phone number is (276-475-3831).

de nada :)

Ewker
04-27-2006, 11:52
any idea on what gear vendors will be there. I may have some money to spend this yr..woohoo

Local
04-27-2006, 12:42
any idea on what gear vendors will be there. I may have some money to spend this yr..woohoo

Estimado Senor Mucho Dinero:

The list below is copied from http://www.traildays.info/schedule.html

Reps/Mfgs FREE Gear Repairs and Info Center in Campground. Sponsored by: Granite Gear, Big Agnes, Gregory, Mountain Hardware, MSR, Life-Link, Osprey, Garmont, Waldies, and many others

This also:

BACKPACKER Gear Giveaway at Campground

Also this:

GoLite Seminar and 3.4 mile Hike. Snacks and beverages sponsored by Backpacker Magazine. Meet at GoLite Booth.

Check http://www.traildays.info/ for more information.

StarLyte
04-27-2006, 13:42

Well Ewker-if you have money to spend this year, why not hire me as your gear consultant? ha ha ha

Just kidding. I think.

Vendors??? OF COURSE there will be vendors !!!

Have fun!
Marsha

Pirate
04-27-2006, 14:30
Am here now. Will be giving bikini trims for all those ladies interested.

peter_pan
04-27-2006, 19:42

Jacks 'R' Better...the quilt and underquilt guys will be there...Friday and Saturday.

Pan

BooBoo
04-28-2006, 15:53
Well BooBoo here is one disappointed little bear. I just got back from my lawyers office where I was informed that I'm looking at $1,000 in fines.(*&%$ing lying,ignorant pigs) I also have some auto repairs coming up so..... I won't be coming to Trail Days. I'm moving back east (Mass. I'll be less than 30 mins from Chomp n VSA) in Oct. so I'm gonna plan a detour to The Gathering.

See ya'll in October.

Support your local Law Enforcement,open a doughnut shop!

StarLyte
04-28-2006, 16:59
Well BooBoo here is one disappointed little bear. I just got back from my lawyers office where I was informed that I'm looking at $1,000 in fines.(*&%$ing lying,ignorant pigs) I also have some auto repairs coming up so..... I won't be coming to Trail Days. I'm moving back east (Mass. I'll be less than 30 mins from Chomp n VSA) in Oct. so I'm gonna plan a detour to The Gathering.

See ya'll in October.

Support your local Law Enforcement,open a doughnut shop!'

Boo Boo that totally sucks that you cannot attend TDs. I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm sure you will be missed by many. Promise to take lots of pics.

I hope to see you at the Gathering.

Congrats on your plans to move to New England.

Marsha

trailangelmary
04-30-2006, 19:57
Well, Boo Boo, I will miss you at Trail Days.
I will be there. I plan on leaving Duncannon on Wednesday late afternoon/early evening. If any other Billville members heading down during that time period please give me a call. The drive is easier for me if I have someone to follow or call cell phones occasionally just to stay awake. Hate that white line fever!

The Solemates
05-01-2006, 09:11
decided we wont be there. we will be floating the buffalo river instead.

Sly
05-01-2006, 09:19
Well BooBoo here is one disappointed little bear. I just got back from my lawyers office where I was informed that I'm looking at $1,000 in fines.(*&%$ing lying,ignorant pigs)

$1000 in fines and you're not in Missouri yet? ;)

Ox97GaMe
05-01-2006, 21:38
Im there. Will be arriving on Thur night late.

stickman
05-03-2006, 20:51
I'm hoping to atttend, my first. Is there a place to meet and greet?

Stickman

dixicritter
05-03-2006, 23:38
I had planned on attending with our sons, but some unforeseen medical issues are going to make it impossible for me to get there this year. Maybe Rock will let me come with them next year...;)

Skidsteer
05-04-2006, 19:20
I had planned on attending with our sons, but some unforeseen medical issues are going to make it impossible for me to get there this year. Maybe Rock will let me come with them next year...;)

Sorry to hear that Dixicritter. I was looking forward to meeting you.

I hope the medical issues work themselves out. :)

attroll
05-05-2006, 00:37
Yes I am really disappointed to. I wanted to meet the women that was bailing me out and helping me so much. I wanted to give you a big hug.

Well maybe we can get Rock to bring you next year.

Nean
05-05-2006, 01:08
Some friends are getting married at Trail Days! Heidi and I will be there.

MedicineMan
05-05-2006, 05:08
the hospital owns me that week but i'm thinking about coming over in the afternoon looking to meet folks before returning to the hospital later that evening.

Cedar Tree
05-05-2006, 07:44
I will be there, and I will have some Packas made out of eVent this year.
Cedar Tree

Footslogger
05-05-2006, 08:44
I will be there, and I will have some Packas made out of eVent this year.
Cedar Tree
==============================
Hey Eddie ...good to see you'll be there. Will be sure to stop by and say HEY !!

'Slogger

Grampie
05-05-2006, 09:07
I'll be there this year. Hiking in from Erwin with Texas Jack and Dartman. I'm bringing the banner, made by Stump, for all the 2001 hikers to march behind.:sun

Lion King
05-05-2006, 09:14
I'll be there this year. Hiking in from Erwin with Texas Jack and Dartman. I'm bringing the banner, made by Stump, for all the 2001 hikers to march behind.:sun

Tell Jack I said Howdy, hell, Im in dallas right now... a couple of hours away from catching a Amtrack to the PCT!

Wooooooodoggies!

Going to miss seeing all these folks this year...

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-05-2006, 09:29
Looking forward to seeing Smokestack & Mother Nature again. Is Burn coming this year? We go way back.

Dixiecritter, yo will be missed. As you know, we live near you. If you need any help with the house, yard, boys, etc. while SgtRock is in Iraq, call us. The male dino is retired Air Force and we will be glad to help you keep the home fire burning until SgtRock returns.

Cookerhiker
05-05-2006, 09:43
I'm coming - got reservations in Abingdon. Beforehand, I'm doing a loop backpack in the Cranberry Glades area of Monangahela National Forest.

Tin Man
05-05-2006, 12:08
I wish I could attend... :( ... have fun!

docllamacoy
05-05-2006, 20:35
Doc, Llama and Coy won't be seen this year, once again. :( Sorry to miss Pirate's bikini trims! :lol: Will definitely be there in '08 for our first 10th anniversary of our thru-hike! There'd better be a lot of other '98ers there that year!!!!

grizzlyadam
05-06-2006, 09:28
i'll be heading to damascus on wednesday or thursday with lots of fine photographic prints in tow.

stop by mount rogers outfitters or the antigravity gear booth if you get a chance to say hi and check out some great images of the AT and other such places.

Jack Tarlin
05-06-2006, 14:34
Just received news that Yahoola '97 is coming all the way from Seattle for her first TD since 1998! And I think that year she same all the way from Prague!

Any other 97ers out there planning to attend?

Nean
05-06-2006, 15:12
LETITBE, class of 97, will be there!:banana

rusty075
05-06-2006, 19:11
Trusty will be there, one way or another...

In fact, I'm looking for anyone who wants to car-pool from the upper midwest. I've been off the trail for a few weeks nursing a broken ankle, so finding someone to ride with one-way down to Damascus would really simplify the logistics of getting back on the trail. Michigan is just about the "end-of-road", but if there's anyone from say Chicago, or Cleveland (or who is passing through somewhere close me) who would like some company for the drive, and to split gas money with, can shoot me a PM or an email and we can see what we can work out. Thanks guys!

Red Hat
05-07-2006, 11:47
My husband and I are ready to go! We leave tomorrow am and will take three or four days to get to Damascus. I should have time to do some hiking before hand. Haven't decided whether to head down to Kincora to hike north or to Troutdale and hike south. Whichever, it'll be great! Can't wait to see everyone!

colbys
05-08-2006, 20:12
most likely will be rolling in on thursday afternoon.hope to see any class of 95' thrus...

Local
05-09-2006, 17:32
The ATC just sent us the official Trail Days map. It's on this page:

http://www.traildays.info/parking.html

hopefulhiker
05-09-2006, 18:08
I am looking forward to Trail days, hope to volunteer some..

Phoenix Rising
05-11-2006, 15:44
Flying in to Tri Cities... looking for a ride mid morning Thursday... anyone headed to the big D from the south on I-81 and be willing to pick me up?!?!?

Cuppa Joe
05-11-2006, 17:59
Phoenix Rising ..I sent you an email ..let me know

Sly
05-11-2006, 19:37
LETITBE, class of 97, will be there!:banana
Yo, LETITBE, when did you start, when did you reach Harpers Ferry, when were you hiking the Whites?

I thought you looked familar. May be a hiker thang! :)

BooBoo
05-12-2006, 02:05
Have fun at Trail Days. I'll be thinking of ya'll while I'm in court.

VAMTNHIKER
05-12-2006, 07:26
Will not be there this year.... enjoy!

the goat
05-12-2006, 11:45
Have fun at Trail Days. I'll be thinking of ya'll while I'm in court.

step 1: skip out on court.
step 2: come to trail days.
step 3: worry about it when you get back.

(i know, easier said than done; but, you could just start hiking north from damascus...they'd never find you!)

Frogger
05-14-2006, 02:35
Some of the Sobohobos crew will be there for our first trail days:

Frogger, Barrell Roll, Steiner are definitely going. Hope to have Dspo, Bumfoot, and Pokey as well. Sadly, Goldfish, Heehaw, and Bouie won't make it.

sobohobos '05!

Nean
05-14-2006, 11:33
Yo, LETITBE, when did you start, when did you reach Harpers Ferry, when were you hiking the Whites?

I thought you looked familar. May be a hiker thang! :)

LIB started 19 jan 97. Can't remember arrivial date at HF, but was the 1st Nobo that year. Saw the 1st leaf of spring there! Got to the Whites just as the huts were opening. You remind me of someone too Sly:D

Newb
05-15-2006, 11:31
I was gonna hike while I'm there, but I had LASIK on Friday so I can't go hiking for a few weeks. :(
Anyways, I'll be selling Magna Screens (magnascreens.com) in a booth. J.D. will be selling Toastee Feet. Find us and say hello...but don't poke me in the eye.

Alligator
05-15-2006, 11:42
You folks have fun. Will be hiking with the family for our 10th anniversary.

StarLyte
05-16-2006, 12:31
I'm leaving for Trail Days early Thursday morning from Cleveland Ohio if anyone wants to hitch a ride along the I-77 corridor. I'm returning Sunday.
[email protected]
Marsha

Footslogger
05-16-2006, 12:38
Drive safely ...and see you in Damascus.

'Slogger

attroll
05-16-2006, 12:57
Does anyone know what the night time temps in Damascus have been?

Viking (US)
05-16-2006, 13:26
I'm not in Damascus, but Weather.com says overnight lows will be in the 40s this weekend:
http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/USVA0204?from=tenDay_topnav_undeclared

Here in Blacksburg an hour or so up the road it's been pretty cool at night recently. I'd definitely plan for more springlike than summer conditions.
(Hi 'Slogger!)

Footslogger
05-16-2006, 13:33
I'm not in Damascus, but Weather.com says overnight lows will be in the 40s this weekend:
http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/USVA0204?from=tenDay_topnav_undeclared

Here in Blacksburg an hour or so up the road it's been pretty cool at night recently. I'd definitely plan for more springlike than summer conditions.
(Hi 'Slogger!)
=========================
Backatcha Viking !!

'Slogger

thecaptain
05-16-2006, 15:02
Hello the captain here....I will be at traildays....leaving Pearisburg thursday afternoon...anyone need a ride contact me at [email protected] I will have a booth there selling landscape photographs.....not returning Sunday...doing a 4 day section the week after traildays while i'm down that way.....

Local
05-16-2006, 19:24
Since this is Tuesday and the campground is not officially open, the persons appearing on this page - http://www.traildays.info/stealth.html - are not really there. The photos appearing on this page will be taken tomorrow.

cruise control
05-17-2006, 00:08
I will be there this year. It's only been 5 years or so since I first tried going. Guess a thru-hike means you gotta go. See you all there!

Capt Chaos
05-19-2006, 09:51
My Life Sux. Sorry for such a late reply but I will not be at Trail Days this year. I really hate it. I have been missing all you folks for a while now. Work wont let me off and I will be moving to Georgia in 3 weeks so I got a lot going on right now. Billville, keep it real guys, I miss ya!!

Now off to a long work day.

Captain Chaos

TOW
05-19-2006, 12:31
i'm here and am in the black diamond teepee in the billville section, where are u at booboo!!!!

Dharma
05-19-2006, 14:58
I won't be at trail days this year. I feel I'll be missing something, but on the other hand, my focus has been on my photography biz and building websites for folks. The 14 hour journey was not appealing this time either.

My love to all my 2004 peeps and those hikers I've met along the way.

-Dharma XOXO