PDA

View Full Version : Laundry (from female forum)

joel137
04-27-2006, 00:09
Decided not to post over in the other forum, as I'm not the right flavor.

People were commenting about packing laundry soap in their maildrops.

I have never had a problem with doing this, I put some powder in a single zip-loc bag and have never had it leak or have a smell permeat my box. I do not use perfumed soap I might add.

The only worry I had was confusing it with the zip-loc filled with powdered milk; label well, or sniff carefully first.

I preferred this to spending money on the single packets that are sold in laundromats and are usually over-priced.

Tramper Al
04-27-2006, 09:11
A couple of years ago, we bought a box of powder laundry detergent that was in small, single load bricks, each individually foil wrapped. There were great for travel and trips to the laundry room, and would work well in a mail drop. I have not seen this in a regular grocery, and I believe we got ours at a Sam's Club-type store.

JojoSmiley
04-27-2006, 18:15
Would be interested if anyone can find a source for the small single load bricks. They are also great for use in a motorhome. I switched to liquid because I couldn't find the tablets anymore.

Doctari
04-28-2006, 07:36
When I do laundry on trail, I don't add soap, usually (note the qualifier "Usually") there is enough residue in public washing machines to do a load or 3 without adding soap. I even do it from time to time at home, the amount of suds produced in my home machine are comparable to when I add soap.

Just a thought.

Doctari.

Ewker
04-28-2006, 15:21
interesting, I will have to try that out at home. I bet will all tend to put in to much detergent