PDA

View Full Version : Spring Bear or Fall Bear??

adh24
05-04-2006, 07:42
So all this talk about bears lately made me think of this question. What do you think is worse. A bear just waking up in the spring grumpy and hungry after not eating for several months or a bear in the fall groggy, and who's instincts are telling him to eat as much as he can and get as fat as he can?

Jaybird
05-04-2006, 07:51
So all this talk about bears lately made me think of this question. What do you think is worse. A bear just waking up in the spring grumpy and hungry after not eating for several months or a bear in the fall groggy, and who's instincts are telling him to eat as much as he can and get as fat as he can?

Spring Bears....just waking up, groggy, & w/ a ravenous appetite...make hiker go fast & get outta da way! heeheeheehee!:D

p.s. we didnt see a single bear in our recent 11-day section-hike....Darn!

Tin Man
05-05-2006, 06:47
The worst bears are the bears with a taste for pepper spray. ;)

ZEKE #2
05-05-2006, 08:19
In my experience, it's the fall bear that is only thinking of one thing, FOOD and NOW! They are more likely to raid a campsite because they want FOOD fast so they can go take a nap.

The Snowman
05-05-2006, 18:57
Spring no question. Bear cubs tend to be into everything and were there are cubs mom is close by.

sliderule
05-06-2006, 10:35
Spring bear weak and skinny. Fall bear strong and fat.