PDA

View Full Version : Whiteblaze at Trail Days

Jack Tarlin
05-04-2006, 18:09
It's getting fairly close to Trail Days weekend......has anything firm been decided on where and when the WB get-together will be?

When do people think would be the best time.....is Friday night preferable to Saturday, which is usually a very busy day? Or would some folks prefer Saturday?

Personally I think Friday evening at Dot's would be very pleasant, or maybe out at the campground (maybe at the Billville tent) if Dot's is too crowded. But in that most folks will be in town in that evening for dinner, Dot's might work out.

Would be interested to hear other comments, suggestions.

generoll
05-04-2006, 18:21
i'm working Friday until mid late afternoon. I doubt I will get past Abingdon on Friday night. Most likely I'll get to Damascus Saturday. /////////////////find a time that suits the most and enjoy whatever you come up with.

Ewker
05-04-2006, 18:33
chances are I won't get there until late Friday night :(

fishinfred
05-04-2006, 18:38
Hey Jack and ALL,
Hows a "WB get together with a pancake breakfast for ALL" sound? It will be in the campground SAT MORNING.We're bringing the "Maine Lumberjack Griddle" with Gatoraid & Mala cooking up the flapjacks everybody will get their fill ! (Mala will have the famous Cowboy coffee too)
I can't wait to see those "Psychadelic Pancakes" on the griddle !!!!
ATTROLL will post more info on this ASAP.

Should be the perfect spot as more than half the folks will already be in the campground (whethor they get up or not is another story...lol)

I can't wait ......SEE YA THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana

Fishinfred

Friday night DOTS is good too!!!!!!!!!

SAFE TRAVELS TO ALL!

Lion King
05-04-2006, 19:11
Hey Jack and ALL,
Hows a "WB get together with a pancake breakfast for ALL" sound? It will be in the campground SAT MORNING.We're bringing the "Maine Lumberjack Griddle" with Gatoraid & Mala cooking up the flapjacks everybody will get their fill ! (Mala will have the famous Cowboy coffee too)
I can't wait to see those "" on the griddle !!!!
ATTROLL will post more info on this ASAP.

Should be the perfect spot as more than half the folks will already be in the campground (whethor they get up or not is another story...lol)

I can't wait ......SEE YA THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana

Fishinfred

Friday night DOTS is good too!!!!!!!!!

SAFE TRAVELS TO ALL!

Hells yeah!

those Psychadelic Pancakes are a belly filler! The coffee as well...seems like just a few days ago we were in the Hundred mile silderness eating a buttload of them at Crawford pond road....ummmmmmmmmmmm

One more reason I hate I will miss TD this year.

Yall have fun now.

generoll
05-04-2006, 20:45
which campground?

fishinfred
05-04-2006, 20:57
which campground?

TENT CITY CAMPGROUND .Just look for Mala's Magic Madness, and Mayhem!:D
Close to the bonfire area

Mother Nature
05-04-2006, 22:14
What time Fred? We are in Abingdon and sure don't want to miss the pancakes. Should I bring stuff again?

Mother Nature and Smokestack

attroll
05-05-2006, 00:25
I talked to FishinFred on the phone today and it looks like having a pancake breakfast would be a nice WhiteBlaze get together. He has contacted Mala and Mala has agreed to let us use his spot to do the cooking at in the campground (tent city). Berry who is well know for cooking his pancakes on his old cured saw blade will be cooking his cakes. I have not contacted Jester. I could use some help here or Jester if you see this. We would like to make sure it would be alright to mingle around and maybe use the Billville area for eating meeting and greeting others. Please let us know if this will be a problem or could someone contact Jester to get permission please.

As for the meeting time, Fred has recommended 8 or 9 as a meeting time. Maybe 8 would be good time. This way we can gather and eat and mingle and then have the rest of the morning to check out the venders or what ever you want before the hiker parade.

Any other inputs are welcome.

fishinfred
05-05-2006, 08:15
Since some folks will be arriving from out of town lets make it 8-10am .The hungrier you are the earlier you should get there ,the pancakes should start flying around 8 (or earlier) and won't stop until all are satisfied.So anytime between 8-10 should be great for getting together

Also I will have a register at my booth for everyone to sign in to help folks find friends and where they're staying at ,so definetly stop in across the street from Mount Rogers Outfitters in the heart of town if you're looking for someone or someone needs to find you signing the register will help you connect.
Thats about it .As far as the food goes ,its all taken care of already .THANKS FOR THE OFFERS:)

See ya there!
Fishinfred

attroll
05-05-2006, 12:08
OK. 8 to 10 for the feed. So what time should we set for the get together to meet everyone that are WhiteBlaze members? I know some people will not want to hang around all day to meet people and some will not mind.

Should we make it 8 or 9?

Jack Tarlin
05-05-2006, 13:35
I'd prefer 9.

An extra hour of sleep on Trail Days weekend is a precious thing.

attroll
05-05-2006, 13:39
I'd prefer 9.

An extra hour of sleep on Trail Days weekend is a precious thing.
I was hoping someone else would say 9 because I would prefer the extra hour of sleep too. So lets make it 9 am at the campground near Malas cooking area for the WhiteBlaze get together.

FishinFred are you going to work out the details of a sign for the campground so people will know where to go. It will most likely be obvious though.

Footslogger
05-05-2006, 13:40
I was hoping someone else would say 9 because I would prefer the extra hour of sleep too.
=================================
Yeah ...me too. I'll still be on Wyoming time so that's still only 7AM. But even THAT's better than 6.

'Slogger

Jack Tarlin
05-05-2006, 13:46
One other suggestion.....Mala's been feeding hikers for years and almost always on his own dime. If everyone throws something in the donation can, it'll help feed a lot of hikers; try and throw in what you'd have spent on breakfast at a cafe and it'll keep his magic going on for quite awhile.

attroll
05-05-2006, 14:04
One other suggestion.....Mala's been feeding hikers for years and almost always on his own dime. If everyone throws something in the donation can, it'll help feed a lot of hikers; try and throw in what you'd have spent on breakfast at a cafe and it'll keep his magic going on for quite awhile.
Mala is not the one putting on this hiking feed this time. I know he has done a lot of feeds in the past and thank you for that Mala. He has only offered to let FishinFred and Berry use his area for the cooking. FishinFred's crew is the one putting on the hiker feed. I have offered to help with the funding but Fred seems to think they already have plenty of food.

FishinFred
Please correct me if I am wrong on this statement. But this is the way I understood it when i talked to you on the phone yesterday.

fishinfred
05-05-2006, 15:00
This is going to be a group (WB) effort here and Mala's involved as much as anyone else.Jacks suggestion is "RIGHT ON " as Mala has been out there for years and years helping out people and HE is usually doing the pancake thing on his own (and has for years) .When ATTROLL asked me for suggestions on a breakfast get together ,the campground seemed the best spot to have it and as Malas been dishin out food at TDs for years I asked him if he would help us out so we could have this get together and of course he said yes.So thanks MALA!
We are all set with pancake mix & such so no donations are needed for the feed ,but if anyone would like to donate to Mala's Kitchen I think that would be a real nice thing to do as Jack said, Mala does an awful lot of Trail Magic for alot of Hikers EVERY YEAR on HIS TIME AND $$$ .
I'm just a helper :D and greatful toooo!
As far as location .....
Just head for the firepit area and you can't miss us !
Like I said before ...Pancakes will start about 8 and I'm sure everyone will hang out till about 10ish before heading out for the festivities of the day so just GET THERE BEFORE 10 and you will see folks,and if you want to make sure you get some of those Griddle Cakes just get there earlier..:sun

Oh ATTROLL, you will have the Banner with you ???? If so we can hang it in the area for this.
SEE Y'ALL THERE!!!!!!!!!!!
:banana
FF

Sly
05-05-2006, 18:11
If anyone doesn't know Mala, he looks almost identical to this guy. Which is probably a good thing because the real Mala doesn't like his picture posted on the internet. So, if you see a guy like this making pancakes and coffee you probably found the right place. :p

attroll
05-06-2006, 00:18
FishinFred
I stand corrected. What can we help to donate top Mala's kitchen then?

fishinfred
05-06-2006, 07:39
Nothing is needed at this time but he may need a new pair of tye dyed long johns for the parade this year:eek:
:D
See ya there !
FF

Red Hat
05-07-2006, 11:53
Wow, I am so psyched about seeing everyone again! Last year Mala promised me a pancake breakfast if I was in certain town on a certain day, and somehow I missed it... I'm staying in the Ironhorse campground with my hubby, but I'll get to the breakfast somehow!

Mongoose2
05-07-2006, 22:15
Our first "Trail Days" experiance! Very excited to put a face to the names. The pancakes are a big plus!

Mongoose & Hopsing

StarLyte
05-17-2006, 22:21
See all of you Saturday morning for breakfast. :banana
Marsha

stickman
05-18-2006, 11:09
Unfortunately it looks like I can't make it afterall. I really really hope to make it next year.

Stickman