PDA

View Full Version : Is Trailjournals.com down?

peacefrog
05-05-2006, 12:06
Hello,
Is it me (or my machine), but as of this morning,
http://www.trailjournals.com yields the following message

"The page cannot be found"

Anyone else note this?
Thanks for any input regarding this occurrence!

Peacefrog

BTW, I like to read from ALL the good sites with forums:
Whiteblaze, TrailJournals, The Lightweight Backpacker

attroll
05-05-2006, 12:12
No it is not you. I tried getting on TrailJournals shortly after midnight last night to read some journals and it was down. I don't know what is going on and how long they will be down. They are usually pretty good about getting it right back up when it is down though.

Tin Man
05-05-2006, 12:12
Yikes. I just got page not found too. :eek:

POPPIE
05-05-2006, 12:58
HEY GUYS,
IT'S GONE! WHAT IS UP? I'M STARTING TO HAVE DT'S........HELP.
POPPIE:eek:

Cuffs
05-05-2006, 13:51
Glad it not just me! Hope theyre back up soon! I need my "fix" of updates!

rhjanes
05-05-2006, 15:28
I did it...........sorry.....

I read every post in Boulders journal last night..... Must have maxed it out!!

LOL.

Hope it is back soon

cannonball
05-05-2006, 16:14
I believe they are in the process of changing servers.

BTW, I too have read Boulders journal. Seems like a typical hysterical gay man. Does have a nice writing style I must admit.

Buckles
05-05-2006, 16:35
I would hope that it was unexpected maintenance. This is a bad time of the year to schedule server improvements. Lots of families and friends keeping track of all those A.T.'ers on Trail Journals.

Smile
05-05-2006, 16:51
Yep....not there...

Lilred
05-05-2006, 17:01
Just tried it. Got the message that they are changing servers.

Rain Man
05-05-2006, 18:04
BTW, I too have read Boulders journal. Seems like a typical hysterical gay man.

"Typical hysterical gay man?"

What are you, a typical cheap-shot artist?

Rain Man

cannonball
05-05-2006, 18:10
"Typical hysterical gay man?"

What are you, a cheap-shot artist?

Rain Man

No. Just pointing out that Boulder, like the typical gay gentleman, exudes some degree of hysteria in his persona.
not judging just saying.:sun

Jack Tarlin
05-06-2006, 14:30
Hey guys, the only guy directly criticized by name in the journal entry which started this thread happens to be me, and I've already stated above that as far as I'm concerned, this is a non-issue and the matter is closed.

I hope the guy has a good hike, and I wish him well.

Let's move on.

Jack Tarlin
05-06-2006, 14:32
Correction, not THIS thread, but another thread about Boulder's Trailjournal.

But in any case, let's let it go.

Tha Wookie
05-07-2006, 09:33
I imagine they are waiting for their DNS to propogate.

I know how this goes, since I just switched from my old dusty server to the Whiteblaze stallion.

attroll
05-07-2006, 10:26
I don't know exactly what they are doing. If they are truly moving to a different server as their web site says and are waiting for the DNS to propagate. That can take up to three days. So hopefully it will be back up real soon.

Ridge
05-07-2006, 11:32
Their switching servers

attroll
05-07-2006, 22:05
Their switching servers
Thanks Ridge. Since they are switching servers we should see it back at the beginning of the week then. What switching servers requires is transferring all the data to a new server. It is like getting a new hard drive for your computer and copying all your data from the old hard drive to the new one. It is a little different but the same idea. That is usually the easy part if it all goes smoothly. What takes the longest is waiting for the DNS to propagate. This is when you are poiting your domain name to the new server. It is like a master index and sometimes it take a while for the master index to get the new data to redirect it to the new server. Chances are that they are alread on hte new server and ready and just waiting to the redirect to take effect.

Ewker
05-07-2006, 23:23
it is up now