PDA

View Full Version : definition of yellow blazer

queenbee
05-05-2006, 15:25
I have seen the term used several times while read journals. I'm not familiar with the term yellow blazing. What does this mean?

rhjanes
05-05-2006, 15:29
following the yellow "blazes"...............

Any high-way.....

max patch
05-05-2006, 15:40
I have seen the term used several times while read journals. I'm not familiar with the term yellow blazing. What does this mean?

Thats someone who advances up the trail via car (yellow blazing = yellow lines on the highway) rather than hiking.

Chef2000
05-05-2006, 16:29
your yellow, just like the streak down your back, as in a some one who can not hang.

kyhipo
05-05-2006, 16:47
your yellow, just like the streak down your back, as in a some one who can not hang.One who hates being on the trail all the time and takes road walks then hitches a ride to town to whereeveer,like the snp is a great road walk just great,and then get a ride to the store its great:banana .I also do that alot when hiking the PCT like heading down the mt and adventuring the cites the people,ect ect ky

Lilred
05-05-2006, 16:52
Yellow blazing = skipping part of the trail by hitch-hiking up the road. The yellow lines down the center of the road are the 'blazes'. I'm not sure if that includes road walking. Who would want to road walk rather than walk on the trail?? YIKES not me.

Burn
05-05-2006, 19:39
yellow blazing doesn't count road trips into towns for resupply or 0 days....get real...yellow blazing can mean going on a trip during yer hike to say NYC or DC or home temporarily in journals this is often used as a good term....in derogatory form it is used for loosers who talk about hiking 30 to 40 mile days and always get ahead of you even when you know 3 days ago they were behind you and never passed you even during the night. oh, people who hike 30-40 mile days have something to say about the trail besides burger king is running 2 burger specials in scranton, want one.

Old Hillwalker
05-05-2006, 19:54
AT corridor monitors yellow blaze all the time since the AT corridor they are checking is blazed in yellow. Basically all their volunteer work is done off trail looking for the little aluminum AT survey monuments. This is my first year as a monitor, and I have to say, so far it's been a lot of fun. Like a big treasure hunt. There are about 150 monuments on my approximately eight mile boundary section. Many buried under leaves or blow downs. We are also responsible for keeping the brush cut on the line. And that's a wrap!