PDA

View Full Version : coos coos

Crispi72
05-07-2006, 19:10
Does anybody have any coos coos recipes. if so please share.

Thanks

Spock
05-07-2006, 19:19
You can use couscous for just about any recipe where you would use pasta will work for couscous - except they are quick-cooking; add boiling water, set 5 minutes, eat.

Favorite: Curried couscous. Pour boiling water over couscous with curry powder, black pepper and salt to taste. in ziploc, set aside 5 minutes. Mix in any combination of fruit, nuts, bagged chicken. Let it sit another 3-4 minutes until uniformly warm. Enjoy.

Also try coucous and cheese. Add Knorr cheese sauce packet or packet from mac and cheese package to couscous with some oil and dry milk. This is good with dried vegies.

I also use them for beakfast (ButterBuds, brown sugar, spices).

Also Google on Freezer Bag Cooking. Lots of ideas there.

Cookerhiker
05-07-2006, 20:36
In addition to Spock's excellent suggestions, try grinding dry roasted peanuts in a blender at home. Put in a ziplock baggy along with pepper, dried onions, powdered milk. After "cooking" the couscous (via the 5-minute soak), add the peanut mix and some water, simmer for 2 minutes. Enjoy!

jamarshall
05-07-2006, 21:17
I just add turkey gravy mix and freeze dried peas while cooking the couscous. You need a little more water than is called for. So good I even eat it at home.

sarbar
05-08-2006, 20:14
Besides all the recipes for cous cous on my site, check out the huge array of recipes here:
http://www.neareast.com/home.html
Just use the search for cous cous recipes there. Unlimited!

Green Bean
05-11-2006, 14:28
I found that coos coos takes on any flavor you add to it. I take it everytime I go backpacking just for this reason. ~GB