PDA

View Full Version : Looking for New York AT hikers

schmuttis
05-08-2006, 09:52
Hi,

We maintain a website of AT parking/access areas as well as pictures. One of the few states that we have very little information for is New York. I was hoping one of you NY AT hikers might be able to supply us with some information and/or pictures. All submissions are greatly appreciated.

http://appalachiantrail.rohland.org/

gsingjane
05-08-2006, 10:07
Just a teeny-tiny suggestion... I went to your site and, between the black background, the small type, and the use of color, it's almost impossible to read. I would like to contribute some information, but it will take a magnifying glass to do it!

Believe me I know making a website is hard. But especially if you want to convey information in a useable form for people, it would be great if it were just a little bit more user-friendly.

JMHO! Jane in CT

Cookerhiker
05-08-2006, 10:42
For photos, have you tried the WB galleries?. I hiked NY from Bear Mountain to Rt. 22 twice last year (June and November) and have several photos on WB, either "Trail & Blazes in NY" or "Views in NY." Mine include the Hudson River, Bear Mountain bridge, Dover Oak among others. Other hikers have photos also.

schmuttis
05-08-2006, 21:04
We only use photos that are submitted by the photographer. That way we know we have permission to post them. We do give credit to all submitting photographers.