PDA

View Full Version : CDT Pictures

Blister
05-11-2006, 12:55
Greetings all! Just wanted to let those who are interested know that Chomp is the best! He is putting my pictures up on the billville.net site. I welcome comments from all ya'll. I will be getting a mail drop list together for Colorado in the next couple of weeks. I should be hitting that border real soon! By the way I got a pm that I was sent something and never recived it. Please let me know if anything is being sent out so I can put some pressure on at the PO. The postmasters arn't as used to hikers coming through as on the AT. Thanks!

attroll
05-11-2006, 13:52
Blister you could have put them here on the WhiteBlaze site under the CDT pictures if you want. I added this about a month back and no one has uploaded to it yet. http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/browseimages.php?c=680&userid=

You will have to subscribe to it first to get to it though. The direction for subscription on on the homepage on the right column.

chomp
05-11-2006, 14:21
Thanks for the offer, Troll, I appreciate it. However, I am using the gallery server over at Backcountry.net. Its just a format that I have used for years now and I am very familar with it. For those of you interested, the Billville site is here:

http://www.billville.net

And I'll be updating that site every time I upload photos. Figure every three weeks or so?? Go Blister!!

Sly
05-11-2006, 18:52
Look like a *****ty trail, who would ever want to hike that? ;)

Blister
05-18-2006, 08:41
Greetings, I have made it through New Mexico! Officially in Colorado and there is some snow to deal with. Sending off Chomp some more pictures today to post online for me. Heading out of Chama today - lots of hikers in town 8 total and 1 dog. Could also add the two bikers who are AT and PCT veterans. And of course we all have common acquaintences mostly stemming from the AT, I love hiker trash!

chris
05-18-2006, 09:24
Sounds like it is suffering time! Good luck with CO and the rest of the hike. It is nice to wake up and know that someone is out there doing something worthwhile!

Blister
05-25-2006, 11:51
Made it into Pagosa Springs 2 days ago - I was a day behind Packrat. Did the section solo and it was pretty damn hard postholing every other step, slow going but doable. A couple of good stories to tell - lost my bite valve, fuel, a lone sock and most importantly the best map I was carrying on a 150 degree descent down a snow shoot. That was fun. Waiting for an overnite package from NH and not in much of a hurry to leave town. Snow is slowing up quite a few folks and has even made some get off, we are still the head of the pack. Body feels good, toning up, hell maybe I'll catch a man by the end of this trip. Just down to Packrat and I as partners, the dynamics of our initial group have split up ahead and behind. Hoping the heat wave here will met some snow. In the meantime I am bored out of my brains in town, hiker trash take me away!!!!

fiddlehead
05-25-2006, 22:55
Great place to stealth camp in that town just south of the hot springs in the hill that is all tree covered. I spent a few nights there and met other tenters there too. You should try the "Lobster Pot" at the "Springs" It is a good soaker to get you ready for the next (best) section of the CDT. Have a great hike!

neighbor dave
05-26-2006, 07:55
wow, i wanna go hikin'!! go blister go!!:banana :D :sun

chomp
05-26-2006, 10:19
New Photos from Blister's hike are now up:

http://gallery.backcountry.net/blister-pie_town-chama

Blister
06-15-2006, 10:51
Been in Leadville for 2 days and heading out today. I love this town! Anyways hope all is well with folks - off to Silverthorne in about 4 days.

Blister
07-22-2006, 11:45
Greetings to all - the Billville.net sight is back up with pictures up to Steamboat CO. Gonna send out another chip to chomp today bringing us more than 1/2 way done in WY. On board we have mala helping us out each time we hit town and Wold has recently showed up to do some hiking. I sent him back to the cirques today. Anyways check out the photos and enjoy - Packrat sends his regaurds as well. Love to all - Blister

TJ aka Teej
08-11-2006, 09:45
http://www.vtsports.com/magazine/archive.cfm?authorID=17

The August update has just been posted.

Blister
08-11-2006, 14:11
Just stopping into whiteblaze to see whats up as i wait for Packrat in Lima, MT. If anyone is actually reading the articlees in VT sports, please be advised that the time line is way off. I am currently weaving my way through Idaho and Montana before the straight and final shot north to Glacier. They have a weight scale here and after weighing in for the first time on this trip I have lost over 30 pounds!!!! Starting the trip I weighed in at about 170 and now in 138. I am using a shoelace I found in a hiker box as a belt to keep my shorts up! Anyways hope all is well in AT land - I am sitting next to Flyin Brians dad! The funny thing is that I actually met two men last year south of Yellowstone in the Brdger-Teton Wilderness, they were doin a section hike - never gotr their trail names. When I hit Red Rock Pass outta Yellowstone 2 guys were camped - they were the same section hikers from last year, what a small world. After a couple of days playing leap frog we finally put the pieces together. KoKoPelli and Hiker Dad (Brians dad)! Unfortunatley they are getting off the trail because of some knee/hip problem. I hope Packrat gets here soon - I am bored with the solo hiking thing

StarLyte
08-11-2006, 14:20
Hey Blister!!!!

Yes I am reading your articles - thanks for your contribution---very nice.

I'm also loving the photos that Chomp posted. You're 138 pounds? WOW. I bet you look and feel really good.

Will we see you at the Gathering Blister?

Take care!

Sly
08-11-2006, 14:33
Blister, sorry I wasn't here to answer your calls. The card signed by all the hikers was great and really picked up my spirits. Thank you so much!

You still have lots of great hiking left. Don't forget to drop into Salmon and get a Belly Buster Burger at Bertram's (it's the best on any trail) and a Microbrew!

http://bertramsbrewery.com/lunch.html

StarLyte
08-11-2006, 15:34
I think she was there already Sly......
click here (http://gallery.backcountry.net/bilster-mexico-pietown/DSCF0208)

neighbor dave
08-11-2006, 16:02
:banana hip hip hooray fer blister!!!!!!:banana is she the only one that's holdin' up her end of the billville triplecrown???:-?

Sly
08-11-2006, 17:44
I think she was there already Sly......
click here (http://gallery.backcountry.net/bilster-mexico-pietown/DSCF0208)

LOL... nah, that's not the place. Awesome profile though! ;)

StarLyte
08-11-2006, 17:50
:banana hip hip hooray fer blister!!!!!!:banana is she the only one that's holdin' up her end of the billville triplecrown???:-?

yeah Neighbor Dave it's pretty damn cool isn't it

Sly
08-11-2006, 18:06
What's a Billville Triple Crown?

Blister
08-12-2006, 11:38
Hey guys, that picture that you linked is actually a pitucre of Salamander at the Pink Bar in Mexico - sorry it aint me pounding the beer. Anyway the Billville triple crown was the fact that 3 of us from Billville headed to through hike one of each of the 3 trails myself on the CDT, Redneck Rye on the PCT (I think he is still trudging??) and Jack on the AT (definatley no completion there) Anyways I am looking to head out today, Packrat is MIA, SImply Seeking came in last night and we are gonna head out together. Although we are heading towards a ridge and a storm is beginning to brew. Oh what fun it is to hike the CDT today! Love to all - Peace Out

neighbor dave
08-20-2006, 07:24
:banana rollin', rollin', rollin'!! keep dem dawgies rollin', RAWHIDE!!!!:banana