PDA

View Full Version : Environmental Lip Service

MOWGLI
03-02-2003, 11:27
Interesting article today in the NY Times about the Republican communicatons strategy towards environmental issues. Not trying to stir up a hornets nest here. National environmental policy is certainly an important issue relating to the AT. One doesn't hike the ridges in the Smokys, or the ridge north of Palmerton, PA without realizing the human impact on our environment.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/02/politics/02ENVI.html

You might need to register (free) on this site to see this article.

I particularly like the following quote from the article;

... "Winning the Global Warming Debate," asserts that many voters believe there is a lack of consensus about global warming among scientists. "Should the public come to believe that the scientific issues are settled, their views about global warming will change accordingly," it says. "Therefore you need to continue to make the lack of scientific certainty a primary issue."

Interesting, eh..

Aubrey
03-02-2003, 11:48
... and disheartening.

RagingHampster
03-02-2003, 13:39
Republicans are bastards when in comes to the environment.

Bonepile
03-02-2003, 13:57
And so are the Democtrats where evrything else is concerned.

MOWGLI
03-02-2003, 13:58
Oops, what did I start?

smokymtnsteve
03-02-2003, 16:00

Redbeard
03-03-2003, 16:19
Y'all mean Republicrats? No one said you had to vote a staight ticket (unless maybe in the primary's) League of Conservation Voters get's some neat perspective on different office holders, then you can pick and choose the best of all the parties. ("best" concerning environmental issues, please don't ask me to qualify my statement:rolleyes: )

RagingHampster
03-03-2003, 16:48
I also support dems and reps on different issues.

Aubrey
03-03-2003, 20:38
Most people do RagingHampster; therein lies the problem with the 2-party system.

Blue Jay
03-04-2003, 08:34
It's a one party system. If you look at voting records apart from party affiliation you cannot tell them apart. The bloodsuckers vote in favor of which corporation paid them the most. Corporations rule, we are nothing. Democrats and Republicans must be thrown out or both freedom and the environment are eliminated.