PDA

View Full Version : Trail Days Camping

billdnc
05-12-2006, 20:35
I plan to come up to Damasus next Friday and stay through Sunday for Trail Days. I have a truck camper. Where can I stay? Thanks.

lobster
05-13-2006, 11:09
in the truck!

Nean
05-13-2006, 11:25
you can stay at the campground with everyone else. I'd leave it parked for the weekend and use the shuttle, walk, or hitch in and out of town.

colbys
05-13-2006, 17:08
im coing in on thursday afternoon to.any advice on wher to camp in the free campground,is their certain places where it wont get as muddy if (and when) it rains?
i see they open up the campground at around noon for cars.do you have to get there early to get a good spot?if one showed up at 6pm or so would there be space still? or does it fill up fast? would be there be space still if i showed up on friday?

stickman
05-13-2006, 18:23
I'm sorry if I missed this before, but where is the campground, anyway?

Also, I may bring some surplus gear to sell. Is there a swap-sell place?

As you can tell, I've never been to TD before.

Stickman

sliderule
05-13-2006, 19:32
im coing in on thursday afternoon to.any advice on wher to camp in the free campground,is their certain places where it wont get as muddy if (and when) it rains?
i see they open up the campground at around noon for cars.do you have to get there early to get a good spot?if one showed up at 6pm or so would there be space still? or does it fill up fast? would be there be space still if i showed up on friday?
Last year, the "free campground" (which cost $10) was pretty full by midafternoon Friday. Vehicle capacity was the limiting factor.

Lone Wolf
05-13-2006, 23:21
It's "free" for walk-ins. $15 for 4 days for a vehicle. That fee pays for porta johns, dumpsters, police, etc. Quit ya bitchin.

Ewker
05-14-2006, 13:32
It's "free" for walk-ins. $15 for 4 days for a vehicle. That fee pays for porta johns, dumpsters, police, etc.

The 15.00 is well worth it. I haven't had any problems parking there. Since Lone Wolf is independently weathly he will pay for everyone's parking ;)

colbys
05-14-2006, 19:08
isnt there a forest service campground about 7 miles from damascus off route 58.like $10-15 a night.anybody have any more info on that?

sliderule
05-14-2006, 20:26
It's "free" for walk-ins. $15 for 4 days for a vehicle. That fee pays for porta johns, dumpsters, police, etc. Quit ya bitchin.
No complaint whatsoever. Just a statement of fact.

sliderule
05-14-2006, 20:29
I haven't had any problems parking there.

Then you must not have been there last year on Saturday!!! The parking area filled up and many folks were turned away. And people who had already paid could not find a place to park.

sliderule
05-14-2006, 20:31
isnt there a forest service campground about 7 miles from damascus off route 58.like $10-15 a night.anybody have any more info on that?

The chances of finding an empty campsite are only slightly better than nil.

Ewker
05-14-2006, 23:37
Then you must not have been there last year on Saturday!!! The parking area filled up and many folks were turned away. And people who had already paid could not find a place to park.

I was there last yr but I got in late Friday night and didn't have any problems. This yr I am getting there late Thurs night. There are some activities going on Friday that aren't happening Sat.

Newb
05-15-2006, 08:24
J.D. and I are splitting a booth. Will they let booth operators camp at their booth?

Nean
05-15-2006, 17:23
J.D. and I are splitting a booth. Will they let booth operators camp at their booth?

In the past, people with booths have camped in or near them.