PDA

View Full Version : Patagonia's Micro Puff Pullover or Integral Designs PLQ Jacket

ZZZ
05-13-2006, 23:21
Between the two items below, which one would keep its loft/more durable through many compressions for long term usage? I already know that Primaloft is more Hydrophobic than Polarguard.

Patagonias Micro Puff Pullover (Polarguard Delta)
or
Integral Designs PLQ Jacket (Primaloft Sport)
ZZZ

Buckles
05-13-2006, 23:32
I have the Patagonia Micropuff Vest. It has a fair amount of trail miles, and stormy weather, and you'll have to pry it off of my cold, dead chest. :) No loft or durability issues.

Which is better, Parasson's or Angie's? :-?

tlbj6142
05-14-2006, 08:45
I already know that Primaloft is more Hydrophobic than Polarguard.That's not true. But the Primaloft folks want you to believe it. You'll have to dig hard, but 2 years ago Ryan Jordan (from backpackinglight.com) wrote 2-3 emails on the backpackinglight Yahoo! group explaining the tests they had performed to prove this. That is the primary (I think) reason why all of the BMW Cocoon gear is PGD rather than PL as orginally spec'd.

I bought the Pat Pull Over a month ago from some place online for $75 otherwise I would have made my own (using a kit from www.thru-hiker.com) (http://www.thru-hiker.com%29). It has been on one trip. So, far so good.:D

Footslogger
05-14-2006, 22:41
I've got an MEC pullover which is Primaloft and the Patagonia Micropuf. The Patagonia is warmer.

'Slogger