PDA

View Full Version : WM Summerlite Bag

Rustle
05-14-2006, 20:17
Has anyone used the WM Summerlite sleeping bag??--looks like 19oz and rated to 32*

They used a different baffle and full length zip v.s. the Hilight

Rambler
05-16-2006, 16:31
Boy, that looks like a nice bag. I have the Highlite, but I now would trade it for the Summerlite. Why? It is just a bit warmer with a bit more loft and the way the baffles are cut. I was cold in the Highlite at around 40 with clothes on. The extra weight also comes with the zipper, but it gives you the option to open it up further in warmer weather. The zipper in the Highlite comes all the way apart also which is a slight nuicance. Read, too, the description about what to do when you see loose feathers. Do not pull them out, pull them back in. Feathers do pop out more than any other bag I've owned including my homemade quilts, but judging by the comments at their site I guess that is expected. The bags are light, pack up small, and have high quality down. I would certainly recommend it. I roll mine up and slip it into a sack slightly larger than it has to be. No sense stuffing it in as tight as you can. It really does not take up much room in my pack (Golite Jam).

stag3
05-16-2006, 17:27
The full length zipper is a big plus. I have started to use my bag as a quilt--much better unless it is really cold.