PDA

View Full Version : 2nd annual thecaptain's trail magic

thecaptain
05-16-2006, 15:17
On june 3rd I will be doing big time trail magic at my house.....My house is located north of pearisburg just north of Pine swamp shelter on the road walk about 3/4 of a mile....hot dogs... hambugers...fixins...lots of food.....tent in my yard Friday or Saturday....use the internet.....hot tub....I'll have a rope across the creek to assist crossing if u choose to not to road walk...signs will be posted.....

TN_Hiker
05-16-2006, 15:33
That sounds like some real magic there Captain! Hats off to you!!!!! I'm sure the hikers coming thru will appreciate it and will express their gratitude to you.

Gray Blazer
05-18-2006, 22:43
Sounds like fun, wish I could join you. You'd think you would get more responses. I guess people here don't know what to say about the "magic". BTW, I do trail "fun" not trail magic (cuz I ain't no fairy).

Lilred
05-21-2006, 14:32
Wish I could make it but am only going to be near Damascus by then. Oh well..... Maybe next year.

Kerosene
05-21-2006, 15:16
I just missed this trail magic last year doing a SOBO section hike from Dragon's Tooth to Atkins. I think he held it a week earlier last year. I ran into a number of NOBOs who had taken advantage, especially since the bridge was out and the official trail was routed down the road right past thecaptain's house. I ran into 3 guys at Bailey Gap Shelter, some of whom had partaken (Uncle Bill, USC, and Pilgrim (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=7770&original=1&c=member&imageuser=3)).

I walked by the last day (I forded the stream anyway) and think I saw his house and yard from across the lovely river.

Gray Blazer
05-22-2006, 13:54
Will Tenille be there?:rolleyes:

thecaptain
05-27-2006, 22:04
update: spoke with miss tilly today..she said she would be shuttling hikers from her hostel to my house on june 3rd..by the way I am secure in my manhood and am not afraid of using the word "magic"...

Lone Wolf
05-28-2006, 06:00
Nothing "magic" about it. It's a well publicized feed.

thecaptain
06-06-2006, 21:57
report::::my hiker friends and family. I think pulled off a good trail magic feed...not sure how many ate but around 30......13 tents in my yard saturday night...and no two tents alike....baltimore jack graced us with his attendence...pack weighing took place with baltimore jack way out front with a 50 pound plus pack....scale only went to 50 pounds and his give an error reading.....lightest 28.....most in the high 30's....however sunday fate struck...around 5:30 in the morning I opened my bathroom door and there was baltimore jack on his throne of glory....whoops..sorry....I went back to bed and i thought it was a dream a nightmare....shortly after this eye and nose opening experince i attempted to fall back asleep...but no a knock on my bedroom door and mother hen said "captain we have no water" a short trip to the well house reveiled smoke and a fried well pump...now the water was good just before baltimore jack graced my bathroom but now my water is broken......baltimore jack's bull s..t has done it's magic.....oh well it is just a well......next year a 3rd annual trail magic but hopfully only the captain's magic none of b jacks bs magic
The Captain

Gray Blazer
06-06-2006, 22:44
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">That sounded like fun! Now I really wish I could have been there. I know you all had a lot of fun. I know it meant a lot to the hikers you met. Thank you.</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>