PDA

View Full Version : Snake skin sizing

Dogginfox
05-17-2006, 17:39
I have a HH ULB i have an oversized tarp (same as neos camo one) I will be using a down bag and am hoping i can just leave it in the hammock and get a pair of snake skins that can contain the whole thing, any ideas on what size i should be looking for?

peter_pan
05-17-2006, 18:26
The Largest HH SS is #4...it will not hold all that... since it is patented try asking Tom Hennessy to make a larger size.

Pan

Just Jeff
05-17-2006, 19:23
I'd reconsider stuffing a down bag in the same waterproof container as a possibly wet tarp. Might be worth considering a small set of snakeskins for the tarp, then a separate set for the hammock/bag.

I bet it's not easy to leave a bag in the hammock and stuff it into the skins...worth a try, though.

Skins are cake to make. If you cut the material yourself, you could probably take it to the alterations shop and get them to sew it for a few bucks. It's only two short hems and a long seam per skin.

swede
05-17-2006, 21:10
I have a HH ULB i have an oversized tarp (same as neos camo one) I will be using a down bag and am hoping i can just leave it in the hammock and get a pair of snake skins that can contain the whole thing, any ideas on what size i should be looking for?

Anaconda, by gawd.:D

neo
05-17-2006, 22:32

i have a pair of the late great jackrbetter python skins,unfortunately they are no longer available,they can be made by any one that can sew:cool: neo

River Runner
05-18-2006, 01:19
I'd reconsider stuffing a down bag in the same waterproof container as a possibly wet tarp.

Good advise. It's really not that hard to stuff a sleeping bag into a separate stuff sack from a hammock without it ever touching the ground, so it doesn't make sense to leave it inside where it could pick up moisture from either a wet tarp or a bit of condensation on the hammock itself in some weather conditions.

Plus the snakeskins and hammock aren't fully waterproof - something to consider if you are doing creek crossings, carry a hydration bladder inside your pack, or are backpacking on a rainy day.