PDA

View Full Version : Podcast

Rustle
05-18-2006, 15:44
Does anyone know what happened to Trailcast??

Also, in case you have not heard: Practical Backpacking just began a podcast series-#1 w/ Brain from ULA and #2 w/ Squeaky

chicote
05-18-2006, 17:05
The site is still up.

Rustle
05-18-2006, 17:25
Sorry, I meant the podcast show version of Trailcast--have not seen a new one in a month or so

calearn
05-18-2006, 17:42
Do you have a URL were we can download the Brain and Squeaky podcasts for those of us that need to listen to them from our PC's (don't have an ipod).

Mags
05-18-2006, 17:47
http://www.practicalbackpacking.com/blog/

sarbar
05-21-2006, 22:31
I am the third podcast in the series :D
Henry Shires is the most recent!

Buckles
05-21-2006, 23:48
Does anyone know what happened to Trailcast??

Also, in case you have not heard: Practical Backpacking just began a podcast series-#1 w/ Brain from ULA and #2 w/ Squeaky

I'm eager to download Practical Backpacking's podcasts and see how they compare to Trailcast's.

Trailcast's Robert T. Butler III (is that right?), by reference or through his own ambition has compiled a good selection of guests. Admirable. However, in my humble opinion, what's lacking is a solid interviewer. There's a fine line between the initiative of desire and a refined skill. I've heard better communication skills from the National Scholastic Press Corp.

sarbar
05-22-2006, 00:01
When I did my interview, I had no idea what to expect, and yes, I am very stiff at the start. I am also a chatty cathy in real life, so I told myself to not blab away when I was talking. But overall I enjoyed doing the podcast. Reality, who does the interviews, is a great person to talk with.

MedicineMan
05-22-2006, 01:02
can a typical mp3 player handle the trail-cast pod-cast? or do you have to have an i-pod???? sorry for a dummie question, just entered the mp3 world a couple of weeks ago and am curious.

RITBlake
05-22-2006, 01:32
yes absolutely. All you need do is download the podcast mp3 file to your PC and then transfer it over to your mp3 player.

MedicineMan
05-22-2006, 01:40
thanks! I'll give it a whorl soon.

sierraDoug
05-22-2006, 02:04
The two podcast site guys have strangely similar low key styles. Actually, Robert is lively compared to Bernie/Reality.

Where's Terrie Gross when you need her? ;)

Moon Monster
05-22-2006, 08:39
There's a fine line between the initiative of desire and a refined skill. I've heard better communication skills from the National Scholastic Press Corp.

In the early days of an emerging technology, initiative is 9 tenths of it. In a few years, we may be lamenting the lost days of free, unsponsored, unencumbered, home-spun media taking on our hobby.

Anyway, for an example of what "refined skill" can get you in a podcast about hiking, check out Backpacking Light's fare:
http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/page17.asp

I find some of those so slick and over-produced, it feels like drive-thru hiking.