PDA

View Full Version : Is the trail a good place

lobster
05-20-2006, 11:00
for a single person to find a soul mate?

SGTdirtman
05-20-2006, 12:40
Yea the trail is a great place to find your soul mate, along with landfills, port-o-johns and nascar events, and the dumpster behind taco bell....

I mean if your can find true love in pure filth why not?

KirkMcquest
05-20-2006, 13:41
You find that the trail is your soul mate, freeing you from the confines of your expectations, and opening up a whole future of possibility that you've never considered ( or have been trained not to).

CaptChaos
05-20-2006, 13:57
Well, I could suggest that when you find your soul mate that you will get the chance to see what they look like in the rough. I mean, how many of us dated and we were always clean and in our best clothes?

Then once you are married you get to see them on their off days. And then "Boy, watch out!!!".

At least this way if you find Mr. or Mrs. Right and they can whip on you Arse on a good uphill and carry to to the next shelter then you might want to consider it. When they hurt and they can still treat you nice you might have something there.

I told my wife that if I ever do this again I am going to get me a real big german girl. One that can move the sofa with me in it so I don't have to do all of the work when they want the house altered by moving things around. My wife is only 5'3" and not much good on the other end of the sofa when it comes to moving it. Plus the side benefit is you get the real german pototato salad instead of the American stuff.

Hmmmm! I got to think about this idea some more.

Capt Chaos

Dharma
05-20-2006, 14:29
You can find your soul mate anywhere. The trail has no magic that you don't put there yourself. So it can be on the trail or at the supermarket.

What the trail will do is help you open up and allow the space to let that soul mate in.

And if your soulmate come from hiking the trail, hey, they're the best kind.

stag3
05-20-2006, 14:37
Well, I could suggest that when you find your soul mate that you will get the chance to see what they look like in the rough. I mean, how many of us dated and we were always clean and in our best clothes?

Then once you are married you get to see them on their off days. And then "Boy, watch out!!!".

At least this way if you find Mr. or Mrs. Right and they can whip on you Arse on a good uphill and carry to to the next shelter then you might want to consider it. When they hurt and they can still treat you nice you might have something there.

I told my wife that if I ever do this again I am going to get me a real big german girl. One that can move the sofa with me in it so I don't have to do all of the work when they want the house altered by moving things around. My wife is only 5'3" and not much good on the other end of the sofa when it comes to moving it. Plus the side benefit is you get the real german pototato salad instead of the American stuff.

Hmmmm! I got to think about this idea some more.

Capt Chaos

Hope she doesn't read this thread:D

MOWGLI
05-20-2006, 14:47
I suppose. If you believe in Soul Mates.

Me? I think there are probably thousands of women out there who would make potential partners. There are probably only a few dozen that would put up with me for any length of time however - and still be intelligent, independent women. Since I'm married to a woman who falls into that category, I consider myself a lucky guy.

So, I guess I'm trying to say that I believe in Soul Mates about as much as I believe in Unicorns.

c.coyle
05-20-2006, 16:53

Lobster, you can find your soul mate HERE (http://www.webshots.com/sp/soulmate/). Just from reading your posts, I'd say it's pretty accurate.

lobster
05-20-2006, 17:04
It is difficult for me to find my soul mate because most women are just attracted to my great looks.

I would think that more independent women such as those who venture out onto the AT might look more than skin deep.

CaptChaos
05-20-2006, 18:05
Lobster:

You are surely a legend in your own mind.

Capt Chaos

CaptChaos
05-20-2006, 19:27
Hope she doesn't read this thread:D

Well, not to worry, since we were first married 26 years ago I have told her this. I think it was the first time we lived in an apt in Tampa and I have to do all of the moving to the house that I realized that she could not lift anything of value.

Not to worry, she already has her eye on Sam Elliot the movie star.

Capt Chaos

Frosty
05-20-2006, 21:05
I think there are probably thousands of women out there who would make potential partners. There are probably only a few dozen that would put up with me for any length of time however .A few years ago my wife and I were watching THE CUTTING EDGE, an ice skating movie with DB Sweeney and Moira Kelly. The main characters were having yet another fight and the Moira character says, "I'm not sure were good for each other." to which the DB Sweeney character replies something like, "We damn sure better be good for each other because as far as I can see, neither one of us is good for anyone else."

My wife and I both laughed because that kind of sums up our marriage. We have to work hard at this one, because there probably isn't another man or woman alive who'd put up with either one of us.

I guess that is sort of like a soul mate. Kinda.

hammock engineer
05-21-2006, 00:41

How do you come up this these good AT minded threads?

Lone Wolf
05-21-2006, 01:03
It's a good place to get laid.

kyhiker1
05-21-2006, 02:04
Hiking Gear-$700.00
Money spent on the trail-$500.00
Find soulmate on trail-Priceless!!