PDA

View Full Version : Taking the Plunge

EarlyBird2007
05-22-2006, 13:28
My wife and I just got back from Trail Days. Had a great time. I made the decision there to go for an AT Thru Hike in 2007. Tentative start date is Sunday, March 25 from Springer. Hope to see you all out there.:sun

Michele
05-22-2006, 18:43
Hey Jim, congrats on your decision. Now you (and you'd better warn your wife if she's not going) can fully expect to be consumed by thoughts of hiking, gear, and preparations. Enjoy your planning as much as you do your hike. It's what gets me out of bed in ther morning. I'll probably be about 10 days ahead of you next year, so I'll see you on the trail at some point I'm sure. I'm waiting to "earn" my trailname out there, so for now, I'm just plain ole' Michele.
:welcome

EarlyBird2007
05-23-2006, 08:22
Thanks. Yeah, it's hard to concentrate on anything else. My wife will support me, but can't go due to some health issues. See you on the trail!!

maxNcathy
06-07-2006, 13:59
Hi Jim and Michelle
I will be looking for you guys as I plan to head north about March 18. I will be taking it easy for the first 2 weeks at least.
I have a Seedhouse SL1 tent but not sure what sleeping bag to buy.Thinking of Moonstone 800 PCT...rated for 10F and weighs 42 oz and on sale at 40% off...down to $238.My pack is Aether 60 and I will sleep on pad plus shorter thermarest.Will use pocket rocket stove.
How about you?