PDA

View Full Version : Trail Days Screening "WWF"

Lion King
05-22-2006, 18:26
Hey, here in Idyllwild CA as rain falls and snow gathers on Fuller ridge.

Anyone make it to the screening of "Walking With Freedom" friday?

Just curious about the turn out and response from the crowd.

I wish I could have been there, and I want to thank Jester again for handling the screening for me.

Hope everyone had a blast.

any other stories of interesting personalitites that are printable?
Lion King
from the PCT

Moxie00
05-22-2006, 19:48
I didn't make Trail Days again this year because I can't get time off. I am an emminent educator and school is in session. (actually I drive a school bus) I did read in the New York Times story on Trail Days that Jack Tarlin is now known as "Tennessee Jack". Either the reporter got high on Ramin, listened to"Lone Wolf" too long, or Jack has taken a new name to hide from his past deeds. I haven't seen jack since last fall so it is possible he saw the light, gathered at the river, chose to foresake the evils of drink and tobaco, and became a preacher of the gospel known now as "Tennessee Jack." Christ, I hope not- I really liked Baltimore Jack and I hope he never changes.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-22-2006, 20:05
I can state that Baltimore Jack is still Baltimore Jack - he wasn't preaching or abstaining when last seen at Trail Days. He did, however, receive a complimentary prototype of the winning entry in Billville's useless gear contest and this may mellow him somewhat.

colbys
05-23-2006, 17:30
hey lion king,i was at the screening of the movie at trail days.
i loved it,and there was a big crowd there to watch it.love all the shots of wildlife and the music as well.
have fun out there on the pct...cant wait for the next movie about that trail..

Lion King
05-27-2006, 14:53
hey lion king,i was at the screening of the movie at trail days.
i loved it,and there was a big crowd there to watch it.love all the shots of wildlife and the music as well.
have fun out there on the pct...cant wait for the next movie about that trail..

Awesome!

Glad to hear!
In Big Bear right now...hot hot hot
dailey temps in the desert like 100 plus...

Moxie00
05-27-2006, 17:11
Lion King Enjoy the desert heat,,,HOT HOT HOT. Will you be done by the Caratunk Hikers Feed?

Jack Tarlin
05-27-2006, 19:52
Hey, Mox, I've stated several times here that America's "Newspaper of Record" ain't what it used to be......but I've been called worse things than "Tennessee Jack" so I'm sure this will pass.

Of course if it'd been "New York Jack" or anything similarly revolting, it'd be a matter for the lawyers.

Regards....J.T.

weary
05-27-2006, 23:12
Hey, Mox, I've stated several times here that America's "Newspaper of Record" ain't what it used to be......but I've been called worse things than "Tennessee Jack" so I'm sure this will pass.....
Very true. It's amazing how a great newspaper keeps getting better.

Weary

mrc237
05-28-2006, 06:56
Easy on that, Jack you know how sensative us NuYawkas get!

Lone Wolf
05-28-2006, 07:05
WWF at Trail Days? I love pro wrestling! How'd I miss it? Musta been drunk with E-Z.

Uncle Silly
05-29-2006, 14:35
Hey, Mox, I've stated several times here that America's "Newspaper of Record" ain't what it used to be......but I've been called worse things than "Tennessee Jack" so I'm sure this will pass.

Of course if it'd been "New York Jack" or anything similarly revolting, it'd be a matter for the lawyers.

i always figured "Tennessee Jack" was that stuff in the bottle with the black label -- y'know, the one with the last name Daniels?

i've no idea what "NY Jack" might be -- it sounds frightening. i'll stick with the Tennessee stuff myself.

Jack Tarlin
05-29-2006, 14:47
In addition to getting my name wrong, there were many other errors in that article, Weary. The fact-checking in that piece was non-existent. (Or if it WAS fact-checked, this doesn't say much about their efforts on that regard!)

Oh, and a few months back, several very senior editors were forced to resign in disgrace after yet another scandal involving false stories and invented characters/quotes.

But if you wanna think the Times keeps getting better, that's your privilege.

As usual, you're wrong, but think whatever you want if it makes you happy.