PDA

View Full Version : 2006 WhiteBlaze get together and hiker feed

attroll
05-25-2006, 12:45
wbdent Mark your calendars for 16 September 2006.

wbdent It is time again to start planning ahead for the 3rd annual WhiteBlaze get together and hiker feed. I have made arrangements with the Ferryman for the weekend of September 16th. So that will be the date.

wbdent The place will be the same place we have had it for the last two years. It will be at Rivers and Trails in The Forks Maine. It will be at Steve Longley's (Ferryman) place.

wbdent For those interested in the place you may find some information at this web site http://www.riversandtrails.com

wbdent For you hammock campers there are only about two places in the yard for hammocks. There are places in the woods up on top of the hill so if you want to walk a 100 yards up to the top of the hill you will have plenty of places to hang you hammock. If you not thru hiking I highly recommend you bring a hammock because this would be the better way to spend the night.

ferryman
05-25-2006, 22:41
Hey Troll, While the gathering here on the Kennebec River in Maine is a far cry from Trail Days in Damascus or The Gathering in Pipestem or Hanover, it certainly is a great opportunity to welcome the 2000 milers from Georgia with lots of good food and also celebrate the ups and downs (pun) of trudging thru the woods to reach Katahdin. I would also like to remind those who maintain sections of trail in Maine, former thru-hikers, wanna be thru-hikers, family and friends of hikers and especially family and friends of folks who bake really big chocolate cakes, are all invited to attend this third annual Whiteblaze (sort of) extravaganza. At this point the details are in the pudding or is it custard? Whatever..., hope to have a good showing of Whiteblaze members and lots of hungry hikers! ferryman

cutman11
05-25-2006, 23:08
I hope the tradition continues as I will not make it to Maine for a few more years...BUT I will be there hopefully in 2010! Good luck and hope it turns out well.

attroll
05-26-2006, 00:28
I hope the tradition continues as I will not make it to Maine for a few more years...BUT I will be there hopefully in 2010! Good luck and hope it turns out well.
I also hope it continues until 2010. But I will have to let someone else do it that year or at least help my wife because I hope to being thru hiking into the event that year.

Footslogger
05-26-2006, 08:32
I also hope it continues until 2010. But I will have to let someone else do it that year or at least help my wife because I hope to being thru hiking into the event that year.
================================
Me too ...keep that dream and tradition alive. Planning our second AT thru for 2010 as well.

'Slogger

Gray Blazer
05-26-2006, 09:37
Sounds like a good time. I don't think I can be in MN on Sept. 16 which made me think.....maybe the southerners who can't make it up there could have a get together the same time somwhere down south. Perhaps somewhere between Damascus and Springer? On top of Max Patch would be nice or maybe on top of Snowbird.

Ewker
05-26-2006, 11:31
Sounds like a good time. I don't think I can be in MN on Sept. 16 which made me think.....maybe the southerners who can't make it up there could have a get together the same time somwhere down south. Perhaps somewhere between Damascus and Springer? On top of Max Patch would be nice or maybe on top of Snowbird.

I like that idea

Gray Blazer
05-26-2006, 12:21
I like that idea

Let's do it.

LEGS
05-26-2006, 12:28
Hey Troll, As Things Stand Righ Now We'll Be There. And Tell Steve We'll Bring A Choclate Pudding Cake Just For Him!!! See You Guys There, Lord Willin'. Hike Safe, Maintain Safe, And Do Them Good Things.

Legs

Blister
05-26-2006, 18:00
Looks like I will miss this years whiteblaze awesome feed. I will be there in spirit though. Who is gonna run the feed out here on the cdt, I know a few hungry hikers in this neck of the woods??? Looks like the next opportunity that I will have to see folks will be the Gathering in the fall if I can afford to get there. Happy Trails to all and to all a good night.

The Scribe
05-26-2006, 18:49
No Blister?

Someone has to bring the cider!!!!!!!

It's on my calendar.

hacksaw
05-29-2006, 13:26
Too fer an' snakey from Springer Mtn. area.

StarLyte
06-08-2006, 12:07
Looks like I will miss this years whiteblaze awesome feed. I will be there in spirit though. Who is gonna run the feed out here on the cdt, I know a few hungry hikers in this neck of the woods??? Looks like the next opportunity that I will have to see folks will be the Gathering in the fall if I can afford to get there. Happy Trails to all and to all a good night.

Ha ha you have a point there Blister!
I hope to see you at the Gathering. Hope you're having the time of your life on the CDT.
Marsha
"StarLyte"

Cookerhiker
06-08-2006, 17:09
Mark your calendars for 16 September 2006.

It is time again to start planning ahead for the 3rd annual WhiteBlaze get together and hiker feed. I have made arrangements with the Ferryman for the weekend of September 16th. So that will be the date.

The place will be the same place we have had it for the last two years. It will be at Rivers and Trails in The Forks Maine. It will be at Steve Longley's (Ferryman) place.

For those interested in the place you may find some information at this web site http://www.riversandtrails.com

For you hammock campers there are only about two places in the yard for hammocks. There are places in the woods up on top of the hill so if you want to walk a 100 yards up to the top of the hill you will have plenty of places to hang you hammock. If you not thru hiking I highly recommend you bring a hammock because this would be the better way to spend the night.

September 16 happens to be my target day for summiting - Mt. Whitney, that is as I hopefully complete the John Muir Trail.

Have good time at the hiker feed.

100+ AT Dreamer
06-16-2006, 21:59
Hey, this is Granola Mamma, or 100+ (still trying to change my name but can't figure out how, any suggestions?). Wanted to let you know, our bakery, Hearth Strings Foods, will donate a bazzooodle of our granola bars or granola for the feed. Let us know how. Thanks!

arla
09-12-2006, 06:45
I'm seeking a ride south from Bennington, VT to Georgia for AT 2006 hiker now staying with me, and her dog. Is anyone attending the White Blaze hiker feed driving south after the event, with room for them? Please e-mail at [email protected] or call at 802-447-7585.