PDA

View Full Version : JRB No Sniveller

Just Jeff
05-26-2006, 03:21
I don't know why I never thought of it before, but I found a new use for the poncho neckhole on the NS. I was overheated Wednesday night and beginning to sweat, but it was a bit too cool to just stick my legs out b/c the wind was blowing. So I opened the neckhole to vent - my body was still protected pretty well from the wind but the heat and moisture vented out pretty well. When I cooled off, I just grabbed both ends of the slit and pulled, and the velcro closed up the hole. Very easy to do this w/o taking my arms out from under the quilt.

On another note, congrats to Pan and Smee for the NS being chosen #1 "unconventional sleep system" by BackpackingLight.com!

The No Sniveller quilt has more loft for its weight than so-called premium quilts from other manufacturers and should be taken seriously as a viable component of an ultralight sleep system. Its balanced warmth, versatility, features, and value earned the No Sniveller our first place ranking.
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/2006_unconventional_sleep_systems_review_summary.h tml
(Membership req'd to read the full article.)

SGT Rock
05-26-2006, 03:51
I love the No-Sniveler Quilt. It is one of my favorite pieces of gear - and it is one of those things that I always wanted and someone finally makes and produces.

Great job to the Jacks!

Just Jeff
05-26-2006, 10:15
Yep - the quilts were one of my first lightweight purchases, too (right after the stove, HH and Speed pack). I agonized over spending that much money when I'd never used a quilt before, and was just getting into hammocking, but I've never regretted the purchase. I even had the overstuff done. Great setup!

peter_pan
05-26-2006, 10:16
I don't know why I never thought of it before, but I found a new use for the poncho neckhole on the NS. I was overheated Wednesday night and beginning to sweat, but it was a bit too cool to just stick my legs out b/c the wind was blowing. So I opened the neckhole to vent - my body was still protected pretty well from the wind but the heat and moisture vented out pretty well. When I cooled off, I just grabbed both ends of the slit and pulled, and the velcro closed up the hole. Very easy to do this w/o taking my arms out from under the quilt.

On another note, congrats to Pan and Smee for the NS being chosen #1 "unconventional sleep system" by BackpackingLight.com!

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/2006_unconventional_sleep_systems_review_summary.h tml
(Membership req'd to read the full article.)

Thanks for the applause...

The JRB No Sniveller universal quilt was born on this site by all the Hammock hangers who responded to this thread, http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3925&highlight=quilts a few years ago... Incidently, this is still the most viewed thread in the hammock forum...JRB believes that it pays to listen to the customers...especially the WhiteBlaze Hammock Hangers....CONGRATULATION TO ALL ...Your design truly is a winner!

Pan