PDA

View Full Version : "The Only Wanderer" is in the hospital

Lone Wolf
05-28-2006, 21:49
Larry Riddle, a.k.a. The Only Wanderer, was admitted to Johnston Memorial Hospital today in Abingdon , Va. He has some ongoing medical problems that need attention. He has some clots in his lower legs and some cancerous growths around his lungs. He would really like some phone calls if y'all could spare a couple of minutes. He'll be there at least 5 days or maybe a few weeks. I'll go see him tomorrow and get more scoop. He's in room 317 and can be called directly at 276-676-9317. Thanks

Gray Blazer
05-28-2006, 21:56
I know he's glad to have a friend like you. Sounds like he's got some serious health issues. It's kinda late to call now. I'll be thinking about him and praying for him.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-29-2006, 04:50
Prayers going up and a phone call at a more decent hour. LWolf, thanks for letting us know.

Amigi'sLastStand
05-29-2006, 06:47
My prays to him and his.

BooBoo
05-31-2006, 00:29
Thanx for the post LW. Wanderer and I became friends when he was living at his folks place over in Chetopa KS.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
05-31-2006, 10:47
Just got off the phone with Larry, The Only Wanderer. What a blessing - talking with him was such a joy. I know first hand how hard it is to lay in a hospital bed when you want to be on the trail. Hearing from other hikers makes much easier to bear. Why not take a few minutes and give The Only Wanderer a call?

He will be leaving the hospital soon to go to skilled nursing / rehabilitative type place in Abington, VA. This isn't a nursing home, but will give him access to the on-going medical care he still needs. I'm sure he would love to have visits from hikers passing thru the area on vacation and section hikes.

Preacher Dude
05-31-2006, 23:14
Sorry I didn't read this thread befor I started one under the general forum. Just spoke to Larry "the Only Wanderer" and he told me that he would be moving to Abingdon Manor either tomorrow or Friday. Lone Wolf will be driving him there. God bless you Lone Wolf.

Nightwalker
05-31-2006, 23:37
I spoke to Larry today.

He's in a good mood, and instead of feeling sorry for himself, just wanted to talk about recent articles and trail-related stuff.

attroll
06-01-2006, 01:24
I have also been in contact with Larry from the first day and called him again today and he did not say it but I could tell they he was surprised by the calls he got from WhiteBlaze users. It is amazing how we can pull together to help out an individual when he is in need. As Preacher Dude said Larry is suppose to be moving tomorrow. So I don't know what time and how much longer he will be at the phone number posted above.

Smile
06-01-2006, 12:16
Just spoke to Larry, he very much appreciates those who have called him. He seems to be in good spirits and holds a positive attitude, way to go!

He has inquired about getting on line for a short time, I hope this works out for him.

Consider giving him a call just to say "Hi" - friendly words are always healing ;-)

TOW
06-01-2006, 14:57
hey everybody! here i is! the nurses pulled some strings for me and let me use this real fast, got to get off here soon............i'll be going to get a head and neck scan this after noon............they'll find nothing at all in the brain area i tell you............i very much am grateful for all the phone calls i have recievd, thankyou all vey much.............i'll be transferred to the abingdon manor tomorrow................."the only wanderer"

the goat
06-01-2006, 15:55
hey everybody! here i is! the nurses pulled some strings for me and let me use this real fast, got to get off here soon............i'll be going to get a head and neck scan this after noon............they'll find nothing at all in the brain area i tell you............i very much am grateful for all the phone calls i have recievd, thankyou all vey much.............i'll be transferred to the abingdon manor tomorrow................."the only wanderer"

hang in there dude! you'll be in thoughts and prayers.

Lone Wolf
06-01-2006, 17:41
Just back from visiting Larry. His spirits are good considering. They're moving him out tomorrow to an adult care facility for about a month.

Mountain Maiden
06-01-2006, 19:06
Just back from visiting Larry. His spirits are good considering. They're moving him out tomorrow to an adult care facility for about a month.
A MONTH? Whew! LW--Anything special we can we can do for him?

Will you be able to give us an address soon?

Thanks!

Lone Wolf
06-01-2006, 19:44
By Saturday I should have a phone # and address to send him cards and such. He really just needs to hear from folks.

mingo
06-02-2006, 01:09
only wanderer,

hope you're feeling better soon. hang in there.

TOW
06-02-2006, 11:45
here i is again, will be transferred to the abingdon manor today sometime.........wolf was here to take me but had to go so local is on his way..........i am told i will be there for at least a year, but i hope not.............my blood tested positive for cancer, a test which is called a lupis anti coagulant came back positive.........my head and neck scans came back negative and like i said in my previous post they found nothing but rock solid bone where my brains were suppose to be........my thanks go out to frolicking dinosaurs, frank looper, gray blazer, smiles, local, lone wolf, nightwalker, local and a few others who have called me........as soon as i get the info on a phone and address i will post it.............i as well as everyone on this planet are going to die some day, when we die and the way we die is none of our business but i have confidence that i am going to live a bit longer...........i am of a firm belief that there is a God and i am not him........i trust he has a plan and i believe that he is going to heal me from this......i am so very grateful for the true friends that i have in my life.......i am very honored to be a part of this hiking community............"the only wanderer"

Nean
06-02-2006, 11:52
It was nice meeting you at Trail Days The Only Wanderer. Hope you get well soon!:sun

fishinfred
06-02-2006, 12:01
Keep on Keepin on Brother! "them ther' Trails go on forever" !
Get WELL and we'll see ya out there hopefully soon!May be down in that neck of the woods in late june or early july and will stop in ,I will call once you get settled this weekend.
Take care & good luck!
Fishinfred

TOW
06-02-2006, 16:26
here i am again, don't look like i am going to get settled at the manor.....i am in damascus right now at the place.........i went to the manor but after being there for a couple of hours i just wanted to get out of there, the place just was not clean and pretty run down.........i may have made a bad choice but i do have the option of going back there and may have to......i'm going to have to get set up with a place to stay and a job that i am able to do, so if there are any ideas i am open to listen.........i don't have much money and i own nothing but my pack and me.........wow, the truth, what a concept............

Amigi'sLastStand
06-02-2006, 16:33
here i am again, don't look like i am going to get settled at the manor.....i am in damascus right now at the place.........i went to the manor but after being there for a couple of hours i just wanted to get out of there, the place just was not clean and pretty run down.........i may have made a bad choice but i do have the option of going back there and may have to......i'm going to have to get set up with a place to stay and a job that i am able to do, so if there are any ideas i am open to listen.........i don't have much money and i own nothing but my pack and me.........wow, the truth, what a concept............

You and I are quite a pair. I have never met you, but would like to. I will be in Damascus I guess in Sept. I leave from NJ sobo next week. I also need to find a job I can do somewhere along my journey. I'll look you up. My email is in my bio.

Chuck

TOW
06-02-2006, 16:43
well you shouldn't have much of a problem, there is always something to do along the towns of the trail...........

attroll
06-03-2006, 03:14
Here is an idea. Go back to the Manor and get checked in so you can get help. Don't you think that all the phone calls and post to you told you how much everyone cares about you and wants to see you get better. Wake up Larry. You need help so please go get it before it is to late. We all care about you.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-03-2006, 07:45
Larry, I'm going to echo what ATTroll said. With the medical problems you have and the potential complication of some of the meds you are have been (possibly still are) taking, you need to be closely monitored by people who understand what you have been thru and can quickly respond to any adverse events. I didn't care much for some of the places my I had to go after my auto accident - rehab just plain sucks - but I realized that if I didn't give my body the care it needed, I wouldn't be able to do the things I love again - like hike, carry my grandbabies, participate fully in life.

We care about you, Larry - please take care of yourself.

Sir-P-Alot
06-03-2006, 09:18
Larry, do what you think is best, I have always been a firm believer in hike your own hike, live your own life. I take inspiration in the strength you display while facing such adversity.

TOW
06-03-2006, 09:31
when i left the manor yesterday i had a very clear conversation with the head nurse that if i chose to return then would it be okay, she said no problem...........so after having the dream i had last night and experiencing this whatever is wrong with me crap i called to make arrangements to return.........i was told i could not without going thru the whole process again...............i guess that's not going to happen.............i know i am not too smart and i have not made a good choice but i will either live or die with this.................

and i really do appreciate all of you and your concern..........rest assured i am not going to ask any of you to help me............

attroll
06-03-2006, 14:31
What ever. We have all tried to support you and have shown our support. The choice is yours and not ours. I am not going to beg you to go back and I am sure others are not either. It your life and you have to deal with the consequences not us. Enough said.

Nean
06-03-2006, 16:16
It sounds like T O W decided to heed the advice so many gave him, and return.:-? Then, through some misunderstanding, he wasn't able to without more red tape, jumping through more hoops, ($$?).:mad: Sounds like the Manor is goverment run:eek:! I hope something works out for you T O W and you can get better and enjoy this precious life.:sun

Lilred
06-03-2006, 19:32
The Only Wanderer,
I'll be in Damascus in about two weeks, give or take a day or two. Would love to meet you over dinner. I'll be at The Place and I'll try and look you up if you're still in town. Keep us posted.

Nokia
06-04-2006, 00:43
Hey man,
I hope you're feeling a little better. Hopefully I'll see you again as me and the puppy start south. i'll be putting an extra prayer in for ya! Hope to chat soon!

Wonder
06-04-2006, 08:33
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers........I know that hospital BS sucks, and I'm sorry that you are haing to go through it.

TOW
06-04-2006, 12:36
What ever. We have all tried to support you and have shown our support. The choice is yours and not ours. I am not going to beg you to go back and I am sure others are not either. It your life and you have to deal with the consequences not us. Enough said.well i am certainly going to continue to take my medication and do followup................i have an appointment with a cancer spec this week and i'm taking rat poisoning for the clots......so i'm just not going to kick that part of this in the butt, i'm going to follow right on thru with the healing process.........

TOW
06-04-2006, 12:40
It sounds like T O W decided to heed the advice so many gave him, and return.:-? Then, through some misunderstanding, he wasn't able to without more red tape, jumping through more hoops, ($$?).:mad: Sounds like the Manor is goverment run:eek:! I hope something works out for you T O W and you can get better and enjoy this precious life.:sunyes the place is government run, they depend on people like me with disability to keep the place alive.............well i think i can survive out here with some help from medicade and disability along with a job and a place to camp i'll be okay for awhile.......................things are going to be just fine and i have no doubt about it.............

TOW
06-04-2006, 12:43
The Only Wanderer,
I'll be in Damascus in about two weeks, give or take a day or two. Would love to meet you over dinner. I'll be at The Place and I'll try and look you up if you're still in town. Keep us posted.i'd like that, will be looking forward to it..........i have some friends coming in from harpers ferry tomorrow to see and be with me for a couple and another couple coming in from wyoming to hang with me for a day or two and have been threatened with many more visits.............i sure do love this family i have...........thankyou.........

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-04-2006, 13:46
Glad to hear you are doing well. Still praying for you. PM me with a phone number where you can be reached.

TOW
06-04-2006, 16:49
Glad to hear you are doing well. Still praying for you. PM me with a phone number where you can be reached.you can leave a message thru mount rogers outfitters with jeff or tom....

weary
06-04-2006, 18:30
Having twice been on "rat poisoning" I've learned that doses especially have to be monitored and adjusted, especially in the beginning. A lot of people have bled to death from failure to do adequate monitoring of dose amounts.

That stuff treats humans just like it treat rats, and sometimes with the same results.

Weary

strnorm
06-04-2006, 20:22
Good luck brother,keep your faith in the good Lord brother and you will hike again.

Amigi'sLastStand
06-04-2006, 23:33
The purpose of our lives is to be happy.
Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
--HHTDL
Keep your faith, man. I am in pain pretty much every waking moment and when it gets bad, I log on to here. Seriously, helps me forget about the pain. Or, I go for a walk if I can. Try and find something that makes you happy if you dont have one right now, that you can do after treatment. The mind is the best healer. Happiness is the medication.
Your in my prayers,
Chuck

Gray Blazer
06-05-2006, 12:52
Hey Larry,
I can't blame you for not wanting to be institutionalized. Yes, there are people there who have only your best intentions in mind, but, I'm sure they are overworked with large caseloads, although, there is no excuse for it not being sparkling clean or rundown. We watch geriatric patients in our home and we do end of life care. I know you don't fit into either category, yet. Although hospice recommends clients to us we do not do the Terri Schiavo thing. God decides when our people are going to die, not hospice. You've got my number. If things get bad, use it. JJ

TOW
06-05-2006, 12:57
Having twice been on "rat poisoning" I've learned that doses especially have to be monitored and adjusted, especially in the beginning. A lot of people have bled to death from failure to do adequate monitoring of dose amounts.

That stuff treats humans just like it treat rats, and sometimes with the same results.

Wearyyou are right, that is why i am going to holsen medical in the morning to get a blood check...........

TOW
06-05-2006, 12:58
Good luck brother,keep your faith in the good Lord brother and you will hike again.oh yeah.....................

TOW
06-05-2006, 16:51
Hey Larry,
I can't blame you for not wanting to be institutionalized. Yes, there are people there who have only your best intentions in mind, but, I'm sure they are overworked with large caseloads, although, there is no excuse for it not being sparkling clean or rundown. We watch geriatric patients in our home and we do end of life care. I know you don't fit into either category, yet. Although hospice recommends clients to us we do not do the Terri Schiavo thing. God decides when our people are going to die, not hospice. You've got my number. If things get bad, use it. JJthankyou, i will.........

Lugnut
06-06-2006, 00:26
Larry, I was diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer and given somewhere between a "slim & none" chance of a good outcome. My decision was to trust in the Drs. to do the right thing and to follow their directions to the letter. That was in 1998 and I'm still hiking, just not as fast! Don't give up, do what you're directed, and know that most in the medical field really will go the extra mile for those patients who chose help themselves. Give it a try.

ed bell
06-06-2006, 00:43
Larry, I was diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer and given somewhere between a "slim & none" chance of a good outcome. My decision was to trust in the Drs. to do the right thing and to follow their directions to the letter. That was in 1998 and I'm still hiking, just not as fast! Don't give up, do what you're directed, and know that most in the medical field really will go the extra mile for those patients who chose help themselves. Give it a try. This sounds like some damn good advice.:sun

TOW
06-06-2006, 12:17
Larry, I was diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer and given somewhere between a "slim & none" chance of a good outcome. My decision was to trust in the Drs. to do the right thing and to follow their directions to the letter. That was in 1998 and I'm still hiking, just not as fast! Don't give up, do what you're directed, and know that most in the medical field really will go the extra mile for those patients who chose help themselves. Give it a try.i'm following thru and got some real good news this morning from the doctor here in damascus, she says as long as i continue to come to her for the work that needs to be done then i am free to go get a place to stay and a job...........she said after talking matters over with my doctor from the hospital that all he wanted for me was a safe place to stay so that i could get proper check ups on the blood thinner and follow ups on all the tests that i am going to need...........this doc seems to think that she can run down the problem...........now all i have to do is make sure that medicade, of which i have been approved for, will start taking care of my bills here and see if disability will aid me as well so that i can get established....................yee haw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

attroll
06-06-2006, 12:29
i'm following thru and got some real good news this morning from the doctor here in damascus, she says as long as i continue to come to her for the work that needs to be done then i am free to go get a place to stay and a job...........she said after talking matters over with my doctor from the hospital that all he wanted for me was a safe place to stay so that i could get proper check ups on the blood thinner and follow ups on all the tests that i am going to need...........this doc seems to think that she can run down the problem...........now all i have to do is make sure that medicade, of which i have been approved for, will start taking care of my bills here and see if disability will aid me as well so that i can get established....................yee haw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is great news.

TOW
06-06-2006, 14:18
That is great news.oh yeah.........i can even hike some..........maybe this time next year i can beat squeaky's record that he is going to set this year??????????

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-06-2006, 16:05
Wonderful news. So glad to hear you are going to have access to the medical care in Damascus. I was really concerned. Still praying for you.

TOW
06-06-2006, 16:34
i just rented a room at dot's............

Wonder
06-06-2006, 19:00
Glad things are looking up for you!

Nightwalker
06-06-2006, 19:27
Best thing I've heard today, Larry.

:)

Ewker
06-06-2006, 22:04
best of luck to you

TOW
06-07-2006, 10:05
now i just have to find some work that i am able to do..............

Amigi'sLastStand
06-07-2006, 11:05
I'm very happy for you. See you in Damascus in about four months if your still there. We can talk about hiking with the Reaper next to us and telling him to ---- off, we aint ready.:D

TOW
12-24-2008, 19:53
As most of you know I have been doing quite well for the last two years. But recently some of my health problems have returned. Last night found me in the back of an abulance with involuntary body movements and a blood pressure right at 200/180, with sometimes it going higher and sometimes it going lower.

My doctor determined today that I had passed a blood clot and started me back on the Coumadin. My blood results tested positive for blood clots.

Cookerhiker
12-24-2008, 20:09
As most of you know I have been doing quite well for the last two years. But recently some of my health problems have returned. Last night found me in the back of an abulance with involuntary body movements and a blood pressure right at 200/180, with sometimes it going higher and sometimes it going lower.

My doctor determined today that I had passed a blood clot and started me back on the Coumadin. My blood results tested positive for blood clots.

Sorry about your latest problem. Take care, rest easy, and celebrate Christmas. I admire your positive attitude.

CrumbSnatcher
12-24-2008, 20:27
wanderer,get well soon. hope yoy have a merry christmas

TOW
12-24-2008, 20:31
I just want to say thanx to Lone Wolf. I have been sick a few times and always seems that he is the first one to arrive and he is a constant companion right beside me.

And like all the other times I was scared last night but as soon as LW showed up I knew I had a friend and if I would have had to die it would have been easier with him there.

HikerRanky
12-24-2008, 20:53
TOW,

Take care of yourself out there.... I also informed the Nashville Downtown Hooter's, and they said to take it easy, so that you can come back to Nashville again!

Randy

mudcap
12-24-2008, 20:55
I just want to say thanx to Lone Wolf. I have been sick a few times and always seems that he is the first one to arrive and he is a constant companion right beside me.

And like all the other times I was scared last night but as soon as LW showed up I knew I had a friend and if I would have had to die it would have been easier with him there.

I am hoping for all the best for you,hope you have a speedy recovery. You are lucky to have a true friend like LW,very cool of him to be there for you. That means quite a bit when things like this come up. Take care,and heres a Merry Christmas to you.

Shadowmoss
12-24-2008, 21:02
Thinking of you here in Nashville. You've got my prayers and hopes for a Merry Christmas and wonderful New Year.

Bulldawg
12-24-2008, 21:19
Get well soon Larry. Ya know, ole Wolf would like everyone here to think he is an old tough ass bastard, but I think he really is a good caring guy like you describe. I'm glad you have a good friend like LW looking out for ya!! Merry Christmas!!

Frau
12-24-2008, 21:38
You are blessed. Take care of yourself, and Merry Christmas!

Frau

Dances with Mice
12-24-2008, 21:40
Get better, Larry, because nobody can fill your shoes.

Unless they stuff a sleeping bag or something in them.:)

Take care, man.

hikernutt
12-24-2008, 21:59
It was such a pleasure meeting you in 2007, you cooked such a wonderful breakfast for Mountain Man and I, even though you really didn't have extra to spare you took extra for us and we are so greatfull for that.

You have such a big heart and care so much for other people which means that sometime you take from what you have to do for others and that is more than some would do. You do have a huge family that cares a great deal about you and your health.

The care that you give to others does not go unnoticed to the man above, he is so happy with what you do for others. Hang on to your faith, the lord will carry you this and over this.

I really hope you have a Merry Christmas with what you have, as long as you have family and friends that love you that is really all you need.

We love you very much and care about your health. Take care and hopes for a speedy recovery, hope to see next year.

Thanks for all you did Mountain Man and I, take care Hikernutt.

Marta
12-24-2008, 22:44
Hey, Larry, sorry to hear about your health problems. Take care and get well soon!

Merry Christmas to you and the Damascus crew!

TOW
12-24-2008, 22:53
Thank you to all of you.

I hope if I am here next year that some, if not all of you will spend Christmas with me. Something I always wanted was a Christmas with friends that I love and that love me.

I am thinking of going to Springer Mountain for New Years.

Marta
12-24-2008, 22:54
I hope to see you there!

Bulldawg
12-24-2008, 23:09
Thank you to all of you.

I hope if I am here next year that some, if not all of you will spend Christmas with me. Something I always wanted was a Christmas with friends that I love and that love me.

I am thinking of going to Springer Mountain for New Years.

Go over to LW's place. He is alone and needs a hug this Christmas I think!!:rolleyes:

And oh yeah, wish I could make it up to Springer. I have to work NYE and couldn't be up there until 7 or 8 PM.

No Belay
12-25-2008, 00:10
Hey Bro TOW,

Had a good friend send me a good refference a couple of days ago.

Revelations 3:8

Set your eyes on New Years @ Springer and get better.

TaTonka

Bulldawg
12-25-2008, 00:13
Hey Bro TOW,

Had a good friend send me a good refference a couple of days ago.

Revelations 3:8

Set your eyes on New Years @ Springer and get better.

TaTonka

Indeed TaTonka. Fits TOW rather well. Share that scripture TOW.

Dances with Mice
12-25-2008, 00:21
Indeed TaTonka. Fits TOW rather well. Share that scripture TOW.That really was nice.

My boss sent me Proverbs 6:9

mrc237
12-25-2008, 00:22
Hang in there Larry!

Bulldawg
12-25-2008, 00:29
That really was nice.

My boss sent me Proverbs 6:9

What a nice guy!

Tin Man
12-25-2008, 00:30
TOW, listen to your doctor and stay with us man.

Jan LiteShoe
12-25-2008, 00:56
TOW, I'm sorry you're having health problems, and at Christmas too.
I'm glad you have friends who will be there for you (to say nothing of the medical team!).

And be careful about saying nice things about LW, you'll bust his rep!
;-)

envirodiver
12-25-2008, 02:09
Glad you are better TOW. I'll see you the next time I'm through there.

stumpknocker
12-25-2008, 10:09
Just had to sign in and say hello and let you know I'm thinking about you.

It was good seeing you again this year. :)

Bearpaw
12-25-2008, 10:16
Hang in there TOW. We're all thinking of you here, wishing you the best. Let us know how you're doing partner.

Tinker
12-25-2008, 10:51

Is that Lone Wolf "right beside" you?
He has less hair than I remember :D.
God bless you. Get well. I'll be praying for you.
Peace.
Tinker.
Rev. 21:1-7 - Comfort and joy.

camojack
12-25-2008, 11:34

Lone Wolf is good people...even though he plays a grouch on the 'Net. ;)

I'm glad he was there for you... :)

SouthMark
12-25-2008, 12:14
TOW, we've never met but I would like wish you the best. I noticed that you have a BAMA hat on and a dog in your arms. From Crimson Tide territory Merry Christmas from me (who has also undergone clogged leg and renal arteries surgeries) and my dog and hang in there. Hope to meet you on the trail someday.

mudhead
12-25-2008, 12:26
Lone Wolf is good people...even though he plays a grouch on the 'Net. ;)

I'm glad he was there for you... :)

Fine example of character.

Best from Maine.

How's the jello?

Jim Adams
12-25-2008, 12:36
Take care. Hope you have a good Christmas, I'll be thinking about you.

geek

peanuts
12-25-2008, 12:53
larry, feel better and take care!! have a wonderful christmas.
wish lw and gypsy a merry christmas also.

Lone Wolf
12-25-2008, 19:45

you would do the same for others if they were in your shoes. it helps, me living about 100 yards from you and having a scanner when the 911 call goes out. :) but seriously, always glad to help anyone

Hooch
12-25-2008, 20:04
you would do the same for others if they were in your shoes. it helps, me living about 100 yards from you and having a scanner when the 911 call goes out. :) but seriously, always glad to help anyoneLW, you just need to go ahead on to nursing or paramedic school and get it over with. :D

Lone Wolf
12-25-2008, 20:05
will probably take the EMT class sometime soon

Hooch
12-25-2008, 20:11
will probably take the EMT class sometime soonI'll buy you a brand new Littmann Master Cardiology stethoscope in the color of your choosing if you can make it through paramedic school. Deal? :p

Dances with Mice
12-25-2008, 20:21
...a brand new Littmann Master Cardiology stethoscope.... You'll poke your ear out, kid.

mrc237
12-25-2008, 20:58
go 2 bed wolf

Lone Wolf
12-25-2008, 21:10
go 2 bed wolf

why?

J5man
12-25-2008, 21:31
TOW, glad your getting good help. Take of yourself, you salty dog and make it to RUCK.

Rain Man
12-25-2008, 21:39
TOW, I just saw this thread and want to wish you the best for a HEALTHY New Year. My daughters and I send our love and appreciation for all the kindnesses you've shown to us when we've been in town.

I may not be able to check in for the next few days, but will be looking forward to a good report when I do get back online.

Rain:sunMan

P.S. Thanks, Lone Wolf, for being there when so many of could not.

Alligator
12-25-2008, 21:59
Hang in there TOW, you have a lot of friends rooting for you.

TOW
12-25-2008, 22:43
Hang in there TOW, you have a lot of friends rooting for you.
Man, I know I do and I am grateful.........:sun

Joey
12-26-2008, 01:24
Get well soon Wanderer!! Just do what the Doc ordered and get back on the trail!! That's the best medicine!!

Just Jack
12-26-2008, 12:49
TOW--Go easy on those nurses or you will have trouble getting back on your feet.
Hope to see you at SoRuck. Happy Holidays!

TOW
12-26-2008, 13:59
tow, We've Never Met But I Would Like Wish You The Best. I Noticed That You Have A Bama Hat On And A Dog In Your Arms. From Crimson Tide Territory Merry Christmas From Me (who Has Also Undergone Clogged Leg And Renal Arteries Surgeries) And My Dog And Hang In There. Hope To Meet You On The Trail Someday.
Bama Rules!!!!!

cannonball
12-26-2008, 15:41
Just remember that Sally needs you. Thoughts , prayers and blessings to you.

River Runner
12-28-2008, 16:21
Prayers for healing and a quick recovery for you, The Only Wanderer.

Gray Blazer
12-28-2008, 21:15
Bama Rules!!!!!

Sorry, the official SEC hat of the AT this year is Florida.

TOW
12-28-2008, 23:26
I don't believe a word of it..............but who am I?

SouthMark
12-29-2008, 00:23

TOW, Florida will have to win at least 14 more SEC titles and Bama none before Florida can really claim that they rule and of course they will have to surpass LSU, Georgia and Tennessee.

Roll Tide!!!!!

wallace
12-29-2008, 11:42
Larry,
Hope you are doing ok. How about an update?

Happy New Year from Greta and Wallace

TOW
12-29-2008, 13:46
Well I wanted to go to Springer for NYE but I cannot go. I had another little spell this morning and I am having troube with my blood sugar dropping so I don't think it's best that I jeapordize anyone's fun with me becoming ill up on Springer.

I just need to stay put and besides I have to go to the doc on NYE.

Marta
12-29-2008, 15:33
I'm so sorry to hear that. Please take care, and we'll see you in 2009.

Gray Blazer
12-29-2008, 15:45
before Florida can really claim that they rule and of course they will have to surpass LSU, Georgia and Tennessee.

Roll Tide!!!!!

And what are they ranked nationally this year?

Lilred
12-29-2008, 18:36
Hey Larry, I just got home from NY and saw this. You know my prayers are with you. Hope to see you at the Ruck. Take care and listen to your doctors. love ya,

SouthMark
12-29-2008, 19:57
And what are they ranked nationally this year?

Florida ranks 5th in the SEC for number of SEC titles behind Alabama (21), Tennessee (13), Georgia (12), and LSU (10). Also Florida has won only 3 more Sec titles than Georgia Tech and Tech has not been in the SEC for over 50 years.

Oh and Florida has 2 National Championships and Alabama has 12.

But I would like to offer my congratulations to Florida and its fans and GO Gators, Beat the Sooners.

Gray Blazer
12-29-2008, 20:48
Florida ranks 5th in the SEC for number of SEC titles behind Alabama (21), Tennessee (13), Georgia (12), and LSU (10). Also Florida has won only 3 more Sec titles than Georgia Tech and Tech has not been in the SEC for over 50 years.

But I would like to offer my congratulations to Florida and its fans and GO Gators, Beat the Sooners.

You still didn't answer the question.

All this is in good spirits. Larry, I hope you're feeling better.

Gray Blazer
12-29-2008, 20:49

Not to stir the pot or anything like that.......how many this century?

Blissful
12-29-2008, 21:09
I just saw this thread = take care Wanderer, thinking of you.

Tinker
12-29-2008, 22:10
Well I wanted to go to Springer for NYE but I cannot go. I had another little spell this morning and I am having troube with my blood sugar dropping so I don't think it's best that I jeapordize anyone's fun with me becoming ill up on Springer.

I just need to stay put and besides I have to go to the doc on NYE.
The doc on NYE? Gonna be some kind of party!:banana:banana:-?

Frau
01-02-2009, 20:41
LW---You had on EMS gear this a.m. at Mojoes. I thought from that, you are an EMT---EVOC, Extrication? Nessmuk and I are EMTs.

I, again, hesitated to introduce Nessmuk and myself, and was curious about TOW. We were gone down south a week and couldn't follow this thread.

Later,

Frau

Lone Wolf
01-02-2009, 21:57
LW---You had on EMS gear this a.m. at Mojoes. I thought from that, you are an EMT---EVOC, Extrication? Nessmuk and I are EMTs.

I, again, hesitated to introduce Nessmuk and myself, and was curious about TOW. We were gone down south a week and couldn't follow this thread.

Later,

Frau

was that y'all with the 2 little ones? why the hell didn't you say something? i don't bite. i'm a jerk on here, not in person.

TOW is doing fine right now

Serial 07
01-02-2009, 22:02
i'll vouch for him...

TOW
01-03-2009, 08:30
was that y'all with the 2 little ones? why the hell didn't you say something? i don't bite. i'm a jerk on here, not in person.

You are not a jerk period, you are just full of crap........:D

Worldwide
01-03-2009, 08:36
Ah if you haven't spent time with LW he comes off differently on WB than in person. If someone means something sarcastically or cynically it doesn't transfer well to type. He is more good than harm that is for sure.

Frau
01-03-2009, 09:34
LW--

My little one is 27 and maintained the household while we were gone. We were the middle-aged couple on the couches, Nessmuk in his normal camo/olive drab colors and I in my red anorak. Wayne thought we could hold out in Dtown 'til the weather improved.

We plan to base camp at Standing Indian in April. I should get up enough courage by then, to introduce us.:o, when we pass through. It's not you, I just have a hard time approaching men. My mom did too good a job telling me how "young ladies" acted--crippled me for life!

TOW--

Glad to hear you are well now. Dogs are great therapy, no?

Have a great weekend, all.

Frau

TOW
01-07-2009, 00:33
Well I had another spell today, in fact I have been having small spells since the first one that took me to the hospital a couple of weeks ago.

I am suppose to get an MRI in the next day or two, we are hoping that that will show something. I had another cat scan today and nothing and my bloodwork appears normal on the surface.

They did a three month test on my blood sugar and it is in the normal range. So the ER doctor seems to think that something is wrong with my nervous systom and brain function.

As I sit here and type this I am real weak and there is pain on the bottom of my right foot. In fact that pain has been there since this happened the first time.

If this continues it is just a matter of time before my heart rate goes up to the point of no return.

Does anyone here know how to talk healing to yourself?

Cool AT Breeze
01-07-2009, 01:05
Hang in there TOW. Eat right, no booze, plenty of rest, and walk.

TOW
01-07-2009, 01:12
I have been hiking, went on a three mile hike on Monday and was planning on going on another about the time this happened.........I don't know.....

mudcap
01-07-2009, 01:15
TOW,I have no medical advice...I wish I did. But I am wishing you all the best. Stay strong!

Tin Man
01-07-2009, 01:15
I have been hiking, went on a three mile hike on Monday and was planning on going on another about the time this happened.........I don't know.....

do what your doctor says and be well.

Shadowmoss
01-07-2009, 07:18
(((hugs)))

No advice. But, hang in there. I still haven't had the pleasure of pigging out on your cooking, so you need to stay well until I can get over there. I hear such good things about it.

the goat
01-07-2009, 09:06

booze in moderation thins the blood, and depending on what you're drinking, there may be other heart-healthy benefits.:sun

Blue Jay
01-07-2009, 09:38
Does anyone here know how to talk healing to yourself?

You need to believe healing to yourself not just talk it. I know this is hard to do in your situation, but you MUST do it. Remember when you saw a mountain in front of you when you were tired and you doubted your ability to make it to the top and yet you did. You can do this. I'd send you some Gabrielle Roth or Alan Watts but I gave them away already. If you cannot get something on healing get Model T Tate or Patrick McManus and laugh yourself well. You have to do this as :sun the world needs you.

TOW
01-07-2009, 11:15
You need to believe healing to yourself not just talk it. I know this is hard to do in your situation, but you MUST do it. Remember when you saw a mountain in front of you when you were tired and you doubted your ability to make it to the top and yet you did. You can do this. I'd send you some Gabrielle Roth or Alan Watts but I gave them away already. If you cannot get something on healing get Model T Tate or Patrick McManus and laugh yourself well. You have to do this as :sun the world needs you.
Yes I will get some Model T, that is a good read..........

Heater
01-07-2009, 11:21
So the ER doctor seems to think that something is wrong with my nervous systom and brain function.

Well, I coulda told you that?!! :rolleyes:

Seriously, I hope you get felling better, TOW.

TOW
01-07-2009, 12:01
Well, I coulda told you that?!! :rolleyes:

Seriously, I hope you get felling better, TOW.
I feel darn good today, besides our phone lines being messed up......

TOW
01-07-2009, 12:03
Hey you all be thinking about Lone Wolf this week, send some prayers his way. He needs those prayers.....

Bucky Katt
01-07-2009, 12:05
Hey you all be thinking about Lone Wolf this week, send some prayers his way. He needs those prayers.....

Is LW ok? Whats goin on?

TOW
01-07-2009, 14:23
I'll let LW say, he just needs to know that he is as cared for as I am here.

TOW
01-07-2009, 14:24
You know I can type whatever I want to type but I cannot say whatever I want to say. I mean I am saying the crap two to three times just to get it out of my mouth.

I hope this does not last too long.....

TOW
01-09-2009, 20:54
Well off to the hospital in the meat wagon I go again today, just got home an hour ago.

My blood pressure went thru the roof and I began cunvulsing. I was awake through the whole ordeal.

I went to our local clinic first, and then they called the ambulance. As the last two times they don't have a clue as to what is going on? They gave me some medicine to stop the tremors and that worked almost instantly. But then as they were about to release me my blood pressure just about bottomed out. So then they dumped two bags of saline into me to bring it back up.

Now get this, and I do not know who they are, but two more people came into the ER from Damascus or the general area with the same exact symptoms while I was there? The doctor told me about it.

trailangelmary
01-10-2009, 19:42
TOW and Lone Wolf, my prayers go out to both of you. And lots of hugs too.
May the light of God surround you,
Mary the love of God enfold you,
May the power of God protect you,
May the presence of God watch over you,
Wherever you are God is,
Wherever God is, all is well.

SteveJ
01-10-2009, 19:51
Wherever you are God is,

Amen!

Frau
01-10-2009, 20:22
Love that Prayer for Protection. Prayers to those who are ailing!

Frau
Truth Student

TOW
01-10-2009, 21:10
Wherever you are God is,
Right on! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

TOW
01-12-2009, 13:30
I just came home from the clinic and I have just been given a diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis. This is nothing new of course. I was given the same diagnosis in 1987, but it was only clinical, not definite like todays diagnosis.

Alligator
01-12-2009, 13:40
I just came home from the clinic and I have just been given a diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis. This is nothing new of course. I was given the same diagnosis in 1987, but it was only clinical, not definite like todays diagnosis.I was concerned it might be that. Very sorry to hear this Wanderer. Do try to get yourself onto one of the therapies, they will help you in the long run.

TOW
01-12-2009, 14:54
I was concerned it might be that. Very sorry to hear this Wanderer. Do try to get yourself onto one of the therapies, they will help you in the long run.
Today the doc said I may have to go into a facility if this gets much more worse.........I don't think so......don't get me wrong here but I do need to talk about my thinking and you guys are as good as anyone else. But if I get to a point of no return then suicide is an option......

Hey Doctor Kervorkian, are you lurking here?

Alligator
01-12-2009, 15:26
Today the doc said I may have to go into a facility if this gets much more worse.........I don't think so......don't get me wrong here but I do need to talk about my thinking and you guys are as good as anyone else. But if I get to a point of no return then suicide is an option......

Hey Doctor Kervorkian, are you lurking here?I know it's a rough diagnosis. It takes some time to wrap your mind around it. Are you through your exacerbation yet?

TOW
01-12-2009, 15:30
I know it's a rough diagnosis. It takes some time to wrap your mind around it. Are you through your exacerbation yet?
what are you talking about? oh i know what you mean now............they cannot give me an definitive answer on that, but given what has been happening thye think the illness may be going into another stage.......

Alligator
01-12-2009, 15:33
what are you talking about?Your MS diagnosis. When you have an attack like you are having its called an exacerbation. Sometimes the damage from the attack goes away some times no.

TOW
01-12-2009, 15:35
Your MS diagnosis. When you have an attack like you are having its called an exacerbation. Sometimes the damage from the attack goes away some times no.
back in '87 i was given a diagnosis of the same thing but after about a year it went into remission but now it has returned......

Alligator
01-12-2009, 15:47
Talk to your doc about MS drugs. They really do help. It's a serious disease but there are new developments on the horizon. A much improved drug is getting close to approval this year, maybe by Christmas. Keep your chin up and check NMSS.org, lot's of good info there.

TOW
01-12-2009, 16:02
Talk to your doc about MS drugs. They really do help. It's a serious disease but there are new developments on the horizon. A much improved drug is getting close to approval this year, maybe by Christmas. Keep your chin up and check NMSS.org, lot's of good info there.
Yeah they put me back onto the baclofen for the spasms and that crap works too. On saturday I was shaking a little bit so I took one pill, within an hour no shakes. Then yesterday I got rocking pretty good, so I took two pills. needless to say that knocked me smooth clean out..........I will not do that again.........and there must be enough left in me today because I don't even have the usual tremors in my hands that I usualy have.......

Mr HaHa
01-12-2009, 16:09
If thats true this is just a rough spot in the road. You have gone above and beyond the call of duty with regard to helping hikers including myself! Its people like you who make Damascus such a great trail town. Thanks for lending me some clothes so I could do my ALL my laundry at one time. One of the acts of kindness from a total stranger I will not forget. Thanks and get well soon HaHa

Alligator
01-12-2009, 16:48
Yeha tthey put me back onto the baclofen for the spasms and that crap works too. On saturday I was shaking a little bit so I took one pill, within an hour no shakes. Then yesterday I got rocking pretty good, do I took two pills. needless to say that knocked me smooth clean out..........I will nto do that again.........and there must be enough left in me today because I don't even have the usual tremors in my hands that I usualy have.......I'm not familiar with that one, but for MS some of the drugs to talk about with your doctor are Avonex, Betaseron, Copaxon, or Rebif. They help to slow the progression of Multiple Sclerosis.

TOW
01-12-2009, 16:59
I'm not familiar with that one, but for MS some of the drugs to talk about with your doctor are Avonex, Betaseron, Copaxon, or Rebif. They help to slow the progression of Multiple Sclerosis.
Wow, you are a wealth of information! Thank you Alligator, I will check it out.

TOW
01-12-2009, 17:01
If thats true this is just a rough spot in the road. You have gone above and beyond the call of duty with regard to helping hikers including myself! Its people like you who make Damascus such a great trail town. Thanks for lending me some clothes so I could do my ALL my laundry at one time. One of the acts of kindness from a total stranger I will not forget. Thanks and get well soon HaHa
Thank you, that is the exact kind of impression that I want to project. Because you guys are my family and I am one with the hker mentality.....

trailangelmary
01-12-2009, 17:03
Don't get discouraged, TOW. I know several people who function very well with MS with medications available as Alligator says to slow the progression.
My prayers are with you.

weary
01-12-2009, 18:14
booze in moderation thins the blood, and depending on what you're drinking, there may be other heart-healthy benefits.:sun
That's my theory, anyway. I figure every good bottle of red wine keeps me healthy another month. In fact I may have two tonight to catch up. Best wishes, TOW.

Weary

Lilred
01-12-2009, 18:21
I have a friend with MS that swears by pot smoking. She says it calms the tremors and eases pain. I don't know if Virginia has medical marijuana, but you might want to check it out. I'm not advocating doing anything illegal, I just don't know VA law regarding this.

As you know Larry, you are in my prayers.

TOW
01-12-2009, 18:45
I have a friend with MS that swears by pot smoking. She says it calms the tremors and eases pain. I don't know if Virginia has medical marijuana, but you might want to check it out. I'm not advocating doing anything illegal, I just don't know VA law regarding this.

As you know Larry, you are in my prayers.
A little herb never hurt anyone................

Cookerhiker
01-12-2009, 19:00
I have several friends in various stages of MS. All of them somehow maintain a positive attitude which is important and it sounds like you are too. God bless you as you combat this disease.

TOW
01-12-2009, 19:32
I have several friends in various stages of MS. All of them somehow maintain a positive attitude which is important and it sounds like you are too. God bless you as you combat this disease.
it's not over with til it's over with.........

weary
01-12-2009, 20:57
it's not over with til it's over with.........
As I remember (not to be trusted) an MS victim 25 years ago did a thru hike on crutches. In my opinion, anyone who can manage to put one foot in front of the other. can hike. Maybe slow, probably never reach Katahdin. But that's my goal. Walk until one foot refuses to work.

Weary

Lone Wolf
01-12-2009, 21:00
As I remember (not to be trusted) an MS victim 25 years ago did a thru hike on crutches.

bob barker. 3 thru-hikes

weary
01-12-2009, 21:05
bob barker. 3 thru-hikes
How are YOU Doing, LONE WOLF?

Weary

Jan LiteShoe
01-12-2009, 23:05
Hi Larry,

I'm no doctor, and you'll want to follow all medical advice, but there are dietary protocols that ease symptoms and relapses.

In other words, what yu eat can help or hurt.

I'll try to find out what my friend with MS pays attention to.

Jan LiteShoe
01-12-2009, 23:17
Here's a place to start reading.
It appears fish oil is beneficial (isn't it to everyone?), and a low-fat diet with the right fats.

Here's a starting point, a Scottish MS site:

"There is much scientific evidence indicating that an appropriate nutritional balance and diet have a positive role in MS.
Studies looking at the area of the world where MS occurs have shown that its incidence is closely correlated to the consumption of saturated fats. These are present in full fat dairy products, meat and confectionery.
The brain and nervous system are composed of approximately 60% fat, a large proportion of which is derived from the essential fatty acids. Investigations have shown that the levels of essential fatty acids in the blood have tended to be low in some people with long-standing MS.

One of the essential fatty acids is linoleic acid which is found in polyunsaturated oils such as sunflower and safflower.

It was demonstrated that patients given unsaturated fats had a reduced number and severity of relapses and Professor R. L. Swank in the USA has been advising MS people to adhere to the low-fat diet for 30 years. His findings of reduced relapses and slowing of the disease progression compare favourably with the natural history of patients on a normal diet.
In the diet recommended by the Therapy Centres, the consumption of essential fatty acids is increased and that of saturated fats decreased. This nutritional programme also includes increased consumption of vitamins, minerals, trace elements and fibre which are important for general health.

A three-year research study on this diet indicated reduced frequency and duration of relapses plus no significant deterioration in patient's condition.
A more recent trial (http://www.mstherapycentres.org.uk/omega3_oils_and_ms.html)(April 2002) at the state University of New York at Buffalo "suggests that a very low fat diet (15%) with supplemental Omega3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acid was very well tolerated and may have a beneficial effect on disease parameters in patients with RR-MS"
http://www.mstherapycentres.org.uk/diet_for_ms.html
Alligator sounds like he's familiar, perhaps he can comment.
Here's their general MS info page:
http://www.mstherapycentres.org.uk/about_ms.htm
Hugs to you, TOW.

TOW
01-13-2009, 00:01
It appears fish oil is beneficial (isn't it to everyone?), and a low-fat diet with the right fats.

"There is much scientific evidence indicating that an appropriate nutritional balance and diet have a positive role in MS.
Studies looking at the area of the world where MS occurs have shown that its incidence is closely correlated to the consumption of saturated fats. These are present in full fat dairy products, meat and confectionery.
The brain and nervous system are composed of approximately 60% fat, a large proportion of which is derived from the essential fatty acids. Investigations have shown that the levels of essential fatty acids in the blood have tended to be low in some people with long-standing MS.

One of the essential fatty acids is linoleic acid which is found in polyunsaturated oils such as sunflower and safflower.

It was demonstrated that patients given unsaturated fats had a reduced number and severity of relapses and Professor R. L. Swank in the USA has been advising MS people to adhere to the low-fat diet for 30 years. His findings of reduced relapses and slowing of the disease progression compare favourably with the natural history of patients on a normal diet.
In the diet recommended by the Therapy Centres, the consumption of essential fatty acids is increased and that of saturated fats decreased. This nutritional programme also includes increased consumption of vitamins, minerals, trace elements and fibre which are important for general health.

A three-year research study on this diet indicated reduced frequency and duration of relapses plus no significant deterioration in patient's condition.
A more recent trial (http://www.mstherapycentres.org.uk/omega3_oils_and_ms.html)(April 2002) at the state University of New York at Buffalo "suggests that a very low fat diet (15%) with supplemental Omega3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acid was very well tolerated and may have a beneficial effect on disease parameters in patients with RR-MS"
Hugs to you, TOW.
I have bookmarked this posting, thank you Jan Liteshoe!

Alligator
01-13-2009, 00:12
The best thing I know of, that I've heard time and again from speakers on this subject, is to get on to the MS drugs as soon as possible to slow the damage down. There are proven drugs to treat MS. That's the recommendation I support the strongest.

I'm not familiar with that study. I have read some things about diet in MS patients and it's hard to tell what might be helpful because they don't know what causes the disease. There are a lot of unknowns as to what is going on. It's an autoimmune disease, the body is attacking itself. From that standpoint, if you "improve" your diet and live healthier, you may be making it easier for your body to damage itself. That's sometimes mentioned as something to think about when considering diet changes. Just food for thought:).

Regarding the study that Jan posted (which I went and read), there were statistical differences noted in after diet implementation relapse rates. Those foods might help to repair damage. On the other hand only 8 people finished the study, making that a very small sample size. I'm not discounting it though, just pointing that out. Medical trials go through several stages usually, well drug trials do at least. They might scale that study up. I personally would have liked to have seen a larger sample size of people.

HikerRanky
01-13-2009, 00:43
Larry,

You have made a great impression upon me, and know that you are in mine and my wife's prayers constantly.

Randy

TOW
01-13-2009, 06:40
Larry,

You have made a great impression upon me, and know that you are in mine and my wife's prayers constantly.

RandyThank you HR! But it is all of you in this community of WB that has impressed me and made me want to be a part of.

max patch
01-13-2009, 12:36
Prayers for your good health.

No Belay
01-17-2009, 23:57
Hey you old HOBO. Leave you alone for a couple weeks and you go and get all puny on me. Just wanted to let you know you'll be walkin with me on my trek and and I'll ask Father everyday to check up on you. E-mail me if you need Sally babysitted for awhile. Munchkin would be happy to have the company while I'm gone. You've taken care of a lot of us, let us know how we can help care for you.

TaTonka

RAT
01-18-2009, 02:20
Hey Wanderer, wish ya the best man, keep listening to some good music along with all that other advice and keep us posted how things are going.

Hey Lone Wolf, sounds like you need to contact me asap dude. I may need to make a trip to Big D soon.

Hairnt !

RAT

nitewalker
01-18-2009, 08:34

Hugs to you, TOW.

jan,
great post! this does not only apply to larry but it should apply to all people. read your product labels before buying because one product may be better for you than the other product of the same.cut the sugars, cut the fats, take omega 3s, eat a well balaced diet, make sure to add green veggies more often, pack in the fiber, drink water and get outside and do some exercise. all this at an early age will keep most people on the healthy track for the most part...:sun sugars:datz

Smile
01-18-2009, 11:16
Check your PM's, I also sent you some info on mercury fillings and MS symptoms. :)

TOW
02-07-2009, 01:07
Well off to the hospital I go again tonight. This time they have found blood in my urine. So they did a cat scan and everything seemed normal. For the last two days my blood pessure has been in the normal range. They are saying that my kidneys are not functioning right do now I get to see a urologist on Monday.

What a trip this has been man.......whew!

SteveJ
02-07-2009, 07:53
best wishes, TOW - prayers going your way.....

TOW
02-07-2009, 08:27
best wishes, TOW - prayers going your way.....that's the only reason i get on here and post this stuff that is happening to me, for prayer. thank you steve..........

MOWGLI
02-07-2009, 08:28
Hang in there Bro.

TOW
02-07-2009, 09:40
i am going to keep on hanging and letting you guys know what is going on because you are my family..........

Smile
02-07-2009, 09:59
Prayers and thoughts for you today, TOW. :)

Mrs Baggins
02-07-2009, 10:01
i am going to keep on hanging and letting you guys know what is going on because you are my family..........

You must hang in there and get better! I haven't had a chance to stop by and tell you about my life yet! Prayers for you every day and many blessings.

Jaybird
02-07-2009, 10:20
Originally Posted by The Only Wanderer View Post

Keep you in my prayers..."T.O.W."

Farr Away
02-07-2009, 11:18
Good thoughts coming your way. Take care of yourself.

warraghiyagey
02-07-2009, 11:24
Hey TOW - Good luck. . . we're all counting on you.
http://z.hubpages.com/u/34615_f520.jpg

CrumbSnatcher
02-07-2009, 12:13
TOW, hope you get better soon,my familys thoughts an prayers are with you.

cowboy nichols
02-07-2009, 12:22
My prayers for you. Good Luck.

TOW
02-07-2009, 13:35
Prayer, what a concept. Only God could have thought this up........and you kno it works too!

cannonball
02-07-2009, 15:25
Larry, In the past 11 months, I have experienced:

A brother dying
a sister dying,
a sister in law committed suicide by blowing her brainss out
My eye ball was gashed by a wayword peice of bamboo and I had to have it surgically repaired
I had open heart surgery-triple by-pass
dog died
we lost our oldest daughter in Nov.

The only thing I know from all of this is that God does not just jack with you. we are given crosses for a reason and he will help you carry them
Hang in there, draw strenght from the word and praye.
Bleesings and prayers to you and ms. Sally.

TOW
02-07-2009, 15:35
Larry, In the past 11 months, I have experienced:

A brother dying
a sister dying,
a sister in law committed suicide by blowing her brainss out
My eye ball was gashed by a wayword peice of bamboo and I had to have it surgically repaired
I had open heart surgery-triple by-pass
dog died
we lost our oldest daughter in Nov.

The only thing I know from all of this is that God does not just jack with you. we are given crosses for a reason and he will help you carry them
Hang in there, draw strenght from the word and praye.
Bleesings and prayers to you and ms. Sally.
This is what is neat, I know I am not the only one with these so called "problems." I am really beginning to see them as nothing more than an obstacle that I am going to get around. I know I am not alone here, there are many of you here that have things going in your life that are whole lot worse than mine. I am just letting go by letting go here. I am not looking or needing anything financial from any of you but what I do need is your thoughts and prayer. I eat that kind of stuff up!

I count it a blessing to have those of you who are in my corner there and I also count it a blessing to those of you who have personally emailed me and insulted me for no good reason because I get on here and let go. This is a release valve for me. I would really like to know who you are if you are man or woman enough to do so. But I am sure you are not because your notes were sent thru a remailer.

Lugnut
02-07-2009, 15:43
[QUOTE=I would really like to know who you are if you are man or woman enough to do so. But I am sure you are not because your notes were sent thru a remailer.[/QUOTE]

You're right Larry. There are more good people than bad. Too bad there are a couple bad apples; even sadder they don't have the guts to identify themselves. It will all come home to roost. Karma works wonders. Hang in there Buddy! :)

daddytwosticks
02-07-2009, 15:49
TOW and Cannonball...you have my prayers...Dan

Shadowmoss
02-07-2009, 21:11
TOW and Cannonball: Posts like yours help keep me humble and keep reminding me to say prayers of Thank You as I realize I truly don't have problems, only blessings. Sending warm thoughts and prayers to both of you.

Lilred
02-07-2009, 22:58
love ya Larry and praying for you always

Kanati
02-09-2009, 17:41
Larry I've met and we've became close. Get well soon friend.

Cannonball I haven't met but am sorry for your losses and personal trials.

Will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

berninbush
02-09-2009, 17:59
TOW, hugs to you.

Mother's Finest
02-09-2009, 18:18
I count it a blessing to have those of you who are in my corner there and I also count it a blessing to those of you who have personally emailed me and insulted me for no good reason because I get on here and let go. This is a release valve for me. I would really like to know who you are if you are man or woman enough to do so. But I am sure you are not because your notes were sent thru a remailer.

Now you have gotten me upset. But, I am quite sure karma will come to them in the end. Punks.

You write whatever you want anytime you want brother. take care of yourself

peace
mf

Smile
02-09-2009, 19:17
I second that...this is a great place to let it go! What else can we do for one another across the miles but offer support when we can't be there in person for each other. :)

hawkeye
02-09-2009, 19:56
Now you have gotten me upset. But, I am quite sure karma will come to them in the end. Punks.

You write whatever you want anytime you want brother. take care of yourself

peace
mf

I 2nd that, Take care of yourself and get well.
Greg

mindi
02-11-2009, 23:40
Thinking of you also, TOW. I'm not sure if you remember me, I came by with Combat back in '07..but you definitely made an impression on me :D.

-Sugargrits

The Weasel
02-12-2009, 11:07
TOW -

I still plan on taking you up on that free breakfast you promised me. But it may be a few years before I get back to Damascus. So I'm counting on you to be patient and be there for a long time!

The Weasel

saimyoji
02-12-2009, 22:48
Hey look everybody....Rusty's back. :welcome

TOW
02-13-2009, 02:41
TOW -

I still plan on taking you up on that free breakfast you promised me. But it may be a few years before I get back to Damascus. So I'm counting on you to be patient and be there for a long time!

The Weasel
I'll try.......

The docs are referring me to the University Hospital in Charlottesville, Va. And I was not suppose to go back to the doctor for a month from my visit on Tuesday but I recieved a call to be in there first thing in the morning. I went to the ER on last Friday night and they found I was spilling blood in my urine. Then Monday morning I took a trip via the ambulance with Lone Wolf driving with uncontrollable body movements and tingling in my face and Tuesday morning first thing found me in the doctors office where they drew more blood and made me pee again. I had a cat scan done on that friday night visit but it did not show anything in the kidney's?

All I know is that I am indeed becoming more ill. What I have been experiencing for the last two days are a heavyness in my forearms and fatigue. And then I cannot talk right sometimes, not that I ever did talk right, but this is something new in the last two months.

Poop happens you know.

I talked to a dear friend from Chicago today that is in her last days with lymphoma.

We all are going to get out of this world only one way, but you know I know I still have a lot of life in me. But what really kind of pains me is now I am getting people here in town who are looking down on me it seems over getting ill. I do not understand that? And they are small compared to the many who like me here, but still it hurts. Maybe I need to see something here?

Perhaps I talk too much about it? I know it helps me to talk but perhaps it puts the other person off a bit because they don't know what to say, or they think your crying? I am not crying but I know one thing I am going to practice silence to a point.

I am not a man who needs a pat on the back everytime I turn around and that is not what I am seeking. But I think what I need to do is start patting some others on the back, if that is one thing I am learning here in this whole thing, the one single thing that does help when listening to another speak of their woes is a kind word and a pat on the back.

sloopjonboswell
02-13-2009, 02:48
TOW, big love. hope they figure it all out soon and you feel like a million bucks.

Farr Away
02-13-2009, 09:39
Hang in there TOW. Lots of positive thoughts coming your way. :sun

Smile
02-13-2009, 09:43
Keep your chin up and just be who are you are. Many here care about you and wish you the best and good health! ;)

The Weasel
02-17-2009, 17:35
I'll try.......

The docs are referring me to the University Hospital in Charlottesville, Va. And I was not suppose to go back to the doctor for a month from my visit on Tuesday but I recieved a call to be in there first thing in the morning. I went to the ER on last Friday night and they found I was spilling blood in my urine. Then Monday morning I took a trip via the ambulance with Lone Wolf driving with uncontrollable body movements and tingling in my face ***.

And then I cannot talk right sometimes, not that I ever did talk right, but this is something new in the last two months.

*** But what really kind of pains me is now I am getting people here in town who are looking down on me it seems over getting ill. I do not understand that? And they are small compared to the many who like me here, but still it hurts. Maybe I need to see something here?

Perhaps I talk too much about it? I know it helps me to talk but perhaps it puts the other person off a bit because they don't know what to say, or they think your crying? I am not crying but I know one thing I am going to practice silence to a point.

I am not a man who needs a pat on the back everytime I turn around and that is not what I am seeking. But I think what I need to do is start patting some others on the back, if that is one thing I am learning here in this whole thing, the one single thing that does help when listening to another speak of their woes is a kind word and a pat on the back.

Well, Wandy...

If you get back in an ambulance and LW is "driving with uncontrollable body movements" like that, of COURSE you're going to have trouble talking. But I'm sure he meant well, and you got there, didn't you?

As for "people talking," well, you've done plenty of back-patting here, so I can tell it's a natural thing for you most of the time. Those who talk probably don't listen real well. So take a lesson from them, and don't listen to THEM.

And remember, I like my eggs over easy.

TW

Lugnut
02-17-2009, 17:49
Larry had the uncontrolable body movements, not Wolf. Or at least that's how I read it.

Lone Wolf
02-17-2009, 17:50
Larry had the uncontrolable body movements, not Wolf. Or at least that's how I read it.

you're correct. just weasy being weasy :rolleyes:

The Weasel
02-17-2009, 18:35
you're correct. just weasy being weasy :rolleyes:

Doesn't matter who had them. LW did a nice thing, regardless of why there was a whole lot of shaking goin' on, and he did it for a good guy, who is only known for wandering, not shaking. Smile, folks. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar! (I hope you aren't a cigar type, Larry! If you are, I'll sit on the porch when I have breakfast, and hope there's a strong wind!)

TW

The Weasel
02-17-2009, 18:43
Hey look everybody....Rusty's back. :welcome

"That don't matter." - Rusty

What does is that TOW is still here and gonna be here for a long time. I'm gonna need that food someday, and I'm not letting him loose from his promise to feed me!!! I may wait, say, a dozen years. OK?

TW

saimyoji
02-17-2009, 18:47

What does is that TOW is still here and gonna be here for a long time. I'm gonna need that food someday, and I'm not letting him loose from his promise to feed me!!! I may wait, say, a dozen years. OK?

TW

uh huh. like i said, welcome back Rusty.

TOW
02-17-2009, 18:53

TW
Just get your fanny on down here and eat with us come TD's,I am planning a cook off.........

Silver Bear
02-17-2009, 19:03
TOW I am praying for you. I also pray for God to guide the doctors and to give them the wisdom they need to heal you. We are thankful for LW helping you out.
I am planning to come to TD's, what are you cooking?