PDA

View Full Version : Appalachian Trail geocoins

attroll
05-29-2006, 09:12
wbdent Here is a shameless plug for a geocoin that I designed. I created it with the intentions of making it a serious. But it seems that not many geocachers are interested in it. So I though I would make the offer over here on WhiteBlaze. It is Appalachian Trail related. Any profits or proceeds will go towards the server cost. I can not guarantee that this will become a serious now. If sales pickup then the possibility is there. Each additional coin in the serious depends on the predecessors sales.

http://www.cointracking.com/view_series.php?sid=243

The Solemates
05-30-2006, 09:38
looks nice. it took me several times reading this post through to realize what it meant...serious should be series....

attroll
05-30-2006, 11:09
looks nice. it took me several times reading this post through to realize what it meant...serious should be series....

Woops. Sorry. This was not meant to try and get the users on here to buy the coin just because it is Appalachian Trail related. I posted it because I know we have geocachers on the site that may be interested in it. This is not something that a non-geocacher would probably have any interest in.

hikerjohnd
05-30-2006, 11:28
This is not something that a non-geocacher would probably have any interest in.

Not so fast there quick draw.... I am a non geocacher, but this is AT related, and something a member of our WB community supports and enjoys. As a consumer, I find myself drawn to supporting people who support the things I enjoy. Whether having fishinfred make some stickers for me, or buying a stove from SgtRock, I think it is important to help support cottage industries. Having said that, I would purchase the coin, simply because it is unique, and the proceeds are slated to a worthy cause.

And with that - I'm off to shop. :D:D:D