PDA

View Full Version : I cant belive it....

snowhoe
05-29-2006, 23:35
I cant belive the thing I used every single day on the trail and I will never go backpacking without again are ear plugs. It was so nice not to hear mice, snores, thunder or the boogie man rattling the bushes outside my tent. The other item was a half gallon milk jug with the top cut off so I could hold it under the trickle of water at the springs and then just filter my water out of the jug. Kept my filter clean didnt have to pump my filter in the mud and it didnt disturb the water for the next person.

Walessp
05-30-2006, 05:31
One of the other thing earplugs are good for is keeping bugs out of your ears on those days (or nights) when the bugs are out in force.

rambunny
05-30-2006, 08:48
Stay out of the shelters and reduce your weight ha ha.

Lone Wolf
05-30-2006, 08:49
Shelters and hostels suck. They're not good places to rest and sleep.

mingo
05-30-2006, 13:44
Shelters and hostels suck. They're not good places to rest and sleep.

not if you're in them, they aren't. you snore like a damn chainsaw

Lilred
05-30-2006, 16:03
I cant belive the thing I used every single day on the trail and I will never go backpacking without again are ear plugs. It was so nice not to hear mice, snores, thunder or the boogie man rattling the bushes outside my tent. The other item was a half gallon milk jug with the top cut off so I could hold it under the trickle of water at the springs and then just filter my water out of the jug. Kept my filter clean didnt have to pump my filter in the mud and it didnt disturb the water for the next person.

Snowhoe,
check out the water pail by Seattle Sports. It only weighs 4.5 oz and folds down to the size of a pack of cigs. It's so nice not to have to filter my water at the source, especially when the bugs are bad.

http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=39179507&memberId=12500226&storeId=226&catalogId=40000000226&langId=-1

hacksaw
06-02-2006, 20:49
I snore so bad that I use earplugs to keep from waking myself up! (Ask Lion King) and since Daniel bombarded me all night long one loooong night in '01 I no longer sleep in or even near shelters! (It worked, Danny!)

Dust
06-03-2006, 01:28
It was so nice not to hear mice, snores, thunder or the boogie man rattling the bushes outside my tent.

You don't like to hear thunder? You are strange.

ed bell
06-03-2006, 11:26
You don't like to hear thunder? You are strange. I love the sound of thunder out in the woods, as long as it's at least a five count after the flash.:sun