PDA

View Full Version : Menu items and "Mark Forums Read"

Just Jeff
05-30-2006, 00:12
Hey Troll - I use the "Mark Forums Read" under "Quick Links" MUCH more often than I use some of the other buttons - like the Members List, the Calendar, or the Thru-Hiker Registry. I bet I'm not the only one....maybe it would be a good idea to put "Mark Forums Read" right next to "New Posts" on the menu list, and one of the less used ones under a drop-down meu.

I know it only saves a click or two, but it sure would be more convenient. What do you think?

Rain Man
05-30-2006, 08:59
...maybe it would be a good idea to put "Mark Forums Read" right next to "New Posts" on the menu list, and one of the less used ones under a drop-down meu. I know it only saves a click or two, but it sure would be more convenient. What do you think?

You got my vote.

Rain:sunMan

bulldog49
05-30-2006, 11:12
Mine too!!!!!!!!!!!

attroll
05-30-2006, 12:19
Hey Troll - I use the "Mark Forums Read" under "Quick Links" MUCH more often than I use some of the other buttons - like the Members List, the Calendar, or the Thru-Hiker Registry. I bet I'm not the only one....maybe it would be a good idea to put "Mark Forums Read" right next to "New Posts" on the menu list, and one of the less used ones under a drop-down meu.

I know it only saves a click or two, but it sure would be more convenient. What do you think?

I just added it to the navbar to the left of the Log Out option. I did not want to put it next to the New Posts option because of fear of it being so close and users clicking on it by mistake.

I did not want to do it but we'll see how it works. It was in a drop down so that it could not be clicked on by mistake. It is easy to click things by mistake when you are in a hurry or it is next to another option to click on.

Just Jeff
05-30-2006, 12:23
Awesome - thanks!

Sly
05-30-2006, 12:33
Awesome for you, it screwed me up. What happened to "Today's posts"? Plus, should it be "mark thread read" and not all forums?

Sly
05-30-2006, 12:37
What happened to "Today's posts"?
Never mind, found it under quick links. Too bad we could custom set our own tool bars.