PDA

View Full Version : Hiking Partner Sought

Croc'
05-30-2006, 07:07
Looking for a hiking partner. I'm middle aged, male, live in Northern MD. just off I95 between Wilmington DE and Baltimore. I have hiked all of Maryland AT and parts of Pennsylvania and Virginia AT. Typically 8 to 14 miles a day, 2-3 days at a time. Would like to stay out longer but haven't found the right partner yet. Looking to hike SNP and anywhere along the AT in Pa. or NJ. I've got plenty of gear and I'm self employed so I can juggle my schedule to fit in hiking. Prefer to hike during the week.

Anyone ready to go?!?!?

Walessp
05-31-2006, 06:19
I'll probably be going out again in July and hiking NOBO from the Duncannon area. I'm recently retired, hike 10-14 miles a day and hope to do the rest of PA/NJ this year. I've done about 1100 miles of the AT now. Will that work for you? Where do you live? Hopefully we could self shuttle.

Sky Rider
([email protected])

Takoda
06-30-2006, 19:33
You are welcome to join our backpacking group in early August. We plan on backpacking from Chester Gap to Harpers Ferry starting August 3rd through August 6th (approximately 14 miles pe day). Shoot me a message if you are interested.

Newb
07-07-2006, 12:29
Hey Guys:
I live in Alexandria and have been trying to find hiking partners to no avail. My wife doesn't like me heading out alone ...she's afraid I'll fall in a gopher hole and never be seen again.

Anyways, I have 3 day weekends every other week and would love to hook up for an outing.

sliderule
07-07-2006, 13:36
Hey Guys:
My wife doesn't like me heading out alone ...she's afraid I'll fall in a gopher hole and never be seen again.

If you are tactful in your selection of a hiking partner, your wife might change her position completely. She will insist that you hike alone!!! It all boils down to partner selection.

neo
07-07-2006, 14:34
hiking partners who needs them:cool: neo

i only hike with my boys and wife,on long hikes i hike alone:cool: neo

Newb
07-07-2006, 16:09
hiking partners who needs them:cool: neo

i only hike with my boys and wife,on long hikes i hike alone:cool: neo

Perhaps I'm just a gregarious and social fellow who likes to meet others with similar interests. Perhaps I don't think there's anything wrong with reaching out and making new friends and acquaintances? :bse

sea2seajt
07-08-2006, 18:29
hey newb, just curious how far you are willing to travel. I am section hiking about 150 miles at a time. I am getting ready to knock out the first 142 miles from springer to Nantahala outdoor center. I'll follow that with a trip through the smokies in April. Anyway, I am going to keep working my way north so an time you want to come along, you are more than welcome. I would much rather hike in company than alone.

Long feet
10-23-2006, 09:30
Hey,

It has been a long time since you posted, but here goes. I live outside the district off of 4 near 301. I would love to do some weekends. I just went down to SNP this weekend and did a little under 20 miles. I would like to try to do all of WV and MD, so I can say I have done a couple of states. I know its cheating as they are both so small. Anyway, my gear is fine for cold weather. Ideally, I am looking to do around 10-12 mile days depending on elevation. I would like to go out about every 6 weeks. I would like to go out a little bit more in the Fall and Spring. Well, drop me a line if you are interested. Thanks.

J