PDA

View Full Version : Sea to summit reactor liner

hobbit
05-31-2006, 08:29
worth it or not, and warm or not. thinking of using this inside my hammock with my 20 degree down cocconed on the outside!
thanks

Kevin A. Boyce
05-31-2006, 13:00
I have used this item this past winter as a liner... I liked it, it was very warm, in fact on one windy cold night, well below 20 degrees in a leanto in CT. I had to vent the bag to prevent myself from sweating in it all night. Of course what I should have done was to get out of the liner.

It is pretty light, packs down to a very small size, the biggest complaint I had with it was the cost... I ended up leaving it in my sleeping bag when it was packed instead of taking it out and packing it seperatly, that protected it, it feels like it could snag easily, and it kept me from losing it.

Catch you later...
KevBoy

SloHiker
05-31-2006, 16:56
I really like mine as a cold weather liner. I recently slept under my tarp in a WM Megalite (w/OVF) with temperatures in the teens and I was comfortable. I'm a warm sleeper so I really can't use it unless it's close to freezing temperatures. But, for me it gives my Megalite at least a 10 degree margin. Like Kevin A., I usually leave it inside my bag when stored in my pack....it hardly adds anything to stuffed size of the bag.