PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for 4-Day (approx. 60 miles) between Davenport Gap and Damascus

Teatime
06-04-2006, 09:54
I finally have a few days to myself where I can do a short section hike. :banana Since I have gotten in pretty good shape, I feel I can bite off about 15 miles a day. I have 4-days. Any suggestions? I'm looking for "the most bang for my buck", so to speak. I mean the section with most scenery. I was thinking about the section between Indian Grave Gap and Dennis Cove Rd, which is around 63 miles. It will be a challenge, but hey, I like a challenge. Also, since the days are so long now, I have plenty of time to get that mileage in during the day. I will try to keep my pack weight under 25 lbs. Also, need suggestions for a shuttle and parking. Thanks.

orangebug
06-04-2006, 11:02
Your section is an excellent plan. You also have a no brainer regarding shuttle service.

Contact Bob Peoples and leave your car at Kincora. He will shuttle you and you will have a fine walk. I'm not sure that Indian Grave Gap is all that accessible by car, and that you might start lower on the black top road below Roan Mtn. Don't worry, it is a nice climb and a great treat once you get up on Roan.

Teatime
06-04-2006, 12:41
Thanks Orangebug. I do see that Indian Grave Gap is easily accessible from Erwin via Rt. 395 out of Erwin. I will give Bob Peoples a call.

orangebug
06-04-2006, 19:39
Doh! You are correct. I was thinking of another gap halfway up Roan.