PDA

View Full Version : Need an early fall partner starting at Springer

sea2seajt
06-04-2006, 20:55
Hello all, I am new here. I am looking to do a section hike in early-mid september starting at Springer and going as far as we can get in 8 days, hopefully Franklin, NC or farther. I am 29, Male, married with a 3 yo son. I am in the Navy and live in Jacksonville FL. Post on here, PM me, or e-mail me, sea2seajt@gmail.com if interested. PS, my pace will be 13-15 miles per day if not more.

sea2seajt
07-06-2006, 13:21
Ok now the dates and plans are official. Driving to Nantahala Outdoor Center to park the car on Friday, 15 September, catching a shuttle back to Amicalola Falls State that evening. I will start on the morning of Saturday, 16 September and hike back to my car at NOC by Monday, 26 September. Anyone up for the trip????

flagator
07-20-2006, 23:18
Hey, I live in Jax as well, and was looking for a partner as well to join my friend and I. Unfortunately I was looking for something mid August because school starts up in Sept. But if you plan another adventure for the future, let me know. I'm planning to do smaller segment this summer, and a much longer one next summer. Take Care.

blackbishop351
07-20-2006, 23:49
I'd love to do a section, but I don't think those dates will work for me...Fall Semester starts Aug. 15th and we don't get Fall Break until sometime in October. Sucks. Anyway, let me know if you're doing anything next spring or summer! I'm in Greensboro, NC btw.

flagator
07-21-2006, 02:09
Sea I was you could go just a couple weeks sooner. I considered going your exact route Springer and than stopping at Timber Ridge, around Franklin. But i could just kick myself for going all that way and missing out on the smokie which arent TOO much further. I'm actually looking into goin from Springer to Fontana Dam which is 171 miles, and im gonna plan for 8 days, I think i can do 24.5 miles a day, so long as its only 8 days. I know thats pushing it but im young, and i Dont want to miss out on the Smokies.

flagator
07-21-2006, 02:13
if not I think i can afford to make it 9 days or 10 even. I'll have to judge it on the way. I ran cross country in H.S. and still run nearly everyday, so i think my legs will tolerate it. But you never know! there is a lot of uphill.

sea2seajt
07-30-2006, 18:14
Sorry, I have been out on the ship for 12 days and got back recentely. My dates are almost set in stone because of work commitments. I could maybe go later but no earlier. I will be going to Curacao the last two weeks of August or else I would love to go then. Just let me know what you can swing as far as time is concerned. I have one friend who is about 50/50 on going or not.

flagator
08-01-2006, 22:15
Well, I'd love to go but like i said school starts late august, but i am only going to be a part time student. But still I have no idea just yet what my schedule is going to be like between work and school and i can't afford to miss too much. But maybe there is something we can work out, just stay in touch.