PDA

View Full Version : KlearWater

Footslogger
06-07-2006, 18:26
Anybody experimented with the KlearWater product (chlorine dioxide) for water treatment ?? Not as economical as AquaMira but it's a single pre-mixed solution so it's more convenient.

Ordered some and planning on using it on our hike in Maine next month. Don't think too much of using the cap as a measuring device myself. I found 30ml (same size as the KlearWater bottle) vials with built in (screw-top) eye droppers. Marked the 0.5ml line on the dropper. I think that is going to be a lot easier method of measuring and transfering the stuff to my water containers.

Anyhew ...was just wondering if there are any WB members out there who have tried this product and what their experience has been.

Thanks in advance ...

'Slogger

Ridge
06-08-2006, 01:00
It's great for short term use, too expensive for a thru.

bulldog49
06-08-2006, 08:45
I use it and it works just fine. I'm an impatient sort and don't care waiting 5 minutes to treat my water. It does leave a very slight taste and odor to the water.

stag3
06-09-2006, 10:12
I switched to the MicroPure tablets. One tablet per liter.
They work by generating chlorine dioxide. IMO, they leave no aftertaste. I have used these for some really nasty looking water and have never been sick from drinking (no boiing first) the treated water. Plus, nothing to mix and nothing to leak. A bit pricey at REI, but okay at Academy stores.

Footslogger
06-09-2006, 10:28
[quote=stag3]I switched to the MicroPure tablets.
===============================
Question for you. How quickly do the MicroPur tablets dissolve in water ?? Going to carry them on my upcoming hike in Maine as a "back-up" and planned to use them in my Platypus for overnight treatment where time wasn't a factor.

Thanks in advance,

'Slogger