PDA

View Full Version : On-line gear dealer

papa john
06-09-2006, 18:19
I will post this here, can't find a category that would work.

I recently ordered an Equinox Katahdin backpack from a company on the internet. I had never dealt with them before, but they had the pack for $85 including shipping so I decided to take a chance. The pack was shipped on Wednesday and arrived today. In looking over the hang tags, I noticed that this was the Paloma model and not the Katahdin! Much smaller pack, narrower staps and waistbelt and had 2 less outside pockets.

I immediately fired off an email to the retailer informing them of the mistake and that I was due to head for the trail this Sunday. Within 10 minutes I had a phone call from the owner offering to send me another pack overnight delivery! I was so astonished that he would do this for me that I wanted to pass along the website. I am not receiving anything for this testimonial other than the saisfaction of knowing that there are retailers out there in internet land who do care.

The website is gearforadventure.com (http://gearforadventure.com) and the owners name is Kevin. I know I will look there first for any other gear purchases I might have to make.

Hana_Hanger
06-09-2006, 19:22
Congrats! On finding a wonderful ebay seller...they are out there.

I had looked at that pack as well on eBay.
Thank you for letting us know it worked out great for you.

Hope you have a safe Great Hike!

papa john
06-09-2006, 20:26
Well, he isn't an ebay dealer that I know of, I bought it from his website.

For those who think the Katahdin is too big, the Paloma might work. It has been down-sized in volume and strap sizes as well. It should fit smaller torsos much better than the larger Katahdin.

SGT Rock
06-10-2006, 00:23
Glad you posted that on here. Good to hear about the small guys that will do you right.