PDA

View Full Version : 15-20 mile loop

dreamhiker
06-14-2006, 08:59
Hello,
I am wanting to do a 15-20 mile loop for Monday of next week what are some good onesin Southern VT,NH or Western mass. I want to use part of the AT in the loop.
Thanks,
DreamHiker

The Solemates
06-14-2006, 09:24
Hello,
I am wanting to do a 15-20 mile loop for Monday of next week what are some good onesin Southern VT,NH or Western mass. I want to use part of the AT in the loop.
Thanks,
DreamHiker

you cant go wrong with anything in the whites. this past fall we dayhiked up the AT from pinkhams notch to mt washington, about 15 miles, and then got a shuttle back down. this hit the highlights of adams, madison, etc. if you are wanting to camp though, there are plenty of loops around the whites...i suggest getting some maps and just picking a nice loop.

on the same trip, we also did a loop connecting the long trail with mt mansfield (but no AT hiking).

i dont have these maps, as im not from the area, but im sure others will chime in.

dreamhiker
06-14-2006, 10:03
Is this shuttle runing on week days yet?

The Solemates
06-14-2006, 16:42
Is this shuttle runing on week days yet?

if you are referring to the mt washington "shuttle" i referred to, then you misunderstand. by saying "we got somebody to shuttle us down" i meant we made friends with someone at the visitor's center up top and hitched a ride. there are always plenty of people up there who have driven up and are willing. they gotta go down anyways. or, if you feel uncomfortable with that, the park service will shuttle you down for a fee of $25 (which is ridiculous). the park service shuttle runs 7 days a week to my knowledge.