PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping in Harpers Ferry

Choreboy
06-14-2006, 17:30
:mad:
Information from The Outfitter at Harpers Ferry
Gotta take this time to let all of you Thru-Hikers (section hikers as well) I am sorry to say we can not have you weary, tired, beat up hikers stay on our front porch any longer.

I was approached by a couple of our neighbors 2 days ago, one informed me that they saw a hiker walk over to the storm drain and relieve himself. He then walked back up to our porch and crawled into his sleeping bag. The other neighbor said he was on his porch while he heard some tourists say "geez, West Virginia does not have a very good sewer system it smells like a restroom out here" he said he went down and the corner of his house smelled like urine. It was a pretty shi#%y deal to listen to em downgrade the hikers, kind put a real blem on our 10 years of talking about how 99.99% are super people, out having a blast in The Woods. But it just takes 1 to screw it for everyone.

So the old sleeping on the porch is over...but

I was not going to spill the beans until its a done deal...but ying for yang, heres the yang for the above, or is it the ying ? Anyway...

Our church is about ready to give us the ok to put in a hostile. They have a huge finished basement and its just a block down from The ATC. I need to put in a shower (Its gotta a toilet), so I have some work to do, and of course get some cots, or bunks, a kick butt BBQ and other junk to make it nice. So hopefully we can make this happen, and I will be asking some 06 or 07 GAME and or MEGA hikers if they will help, when it gets to that.

Thanks and hope you all are diggin the trail this year, its been nice out there and most everyone that has visted our store seems happy to be out there.

Choreboy

max patch
06-14-2006, 17:48
In fairness to your church...just so they know what they are getting into...I hope you suggest that they contact the UMC in Damascus and ask about the pros and cons of The Place. Contact other church hostels as well. Also contact churchs who have had hostels in the past but have since closed them. It may...or may not...be an eye opening discussion.

Choreboy
06-14-2006, 17:54
Yeah I hear ya, but we have it structured so all the church gets is the money for the services provided. The person staying there will deal with the drama and issues.
Thx

veteran
06-14-2006, 18:52
Where did these people receive their toilet training, inconsiderate bast**ds.
Like you said it only takes one to screw it up for everyone.

neo
06-14-2006, 18:57
:mad:
Information from The Outfitter at Harpers Ferry
Gotta take this time to let all of you Thru-Hikers (section hikers as well) I am sorry to say we can not have you weary, tired, beat up hikers stay on our front porch any longer.

I was approached by a couple of our neighbors 2 days ago, one informed me that they saw a hiker walk over to the storm drain and relieve himself. He then walked back up to our porch and crawled into his sleeping bag. The other neighbor said he was on his porch while he heard some tourists say "geez, West Virginia does not have a very good sewer system it smells like a restroom out here" he said he went down and the corner of his house smelled like urine. It was a pretty shi#%y deal to listen to em downgrade the hikers, kind put a real blem on our 10 years of talking about how 99.99% are super people, out having a blast in The Woods. But it just takes 1 to screw it for everyone.

So the old sleeping on the porch is over...but

I was not going to spill the beans until its a done deal...but ying for yang, heres the yang for the above, or is it the ying ? Anyway...

Our church is about ready to give us the ok to put in a hostile. They have a huge finished basement and its just a block down from The ATC. I need to put in a shower (Its gotta a toilet), so I have some work to do, and of course get some cots, or bunks, a kick butt BBQ and other junk to make it nice. So hopefully we can make this happen, and I will be asking some 06 or 07 GAME and or MEGA hikers if they will help, when it gets to that.

Thanks and hope you all are diggin the trail this year, its been nice out there and most everyone that has visted our store seems happy to be out there.

Choreboy

it is a shame there are a few hikers that screw everything up for every one else because of disgusting behavior:cool: neo