PDA

View Full Version : Trekking Poles--help

Mountain Maiden
06-16-2006, 09:18
Hi folks,

I need to contact the manufacturer/distributor of MASTERS brand trekking poles.

I had the info a couple of years ago but now I only find retailers. They have not been much help.

Anyone have any ideas?

THANKS in advance!
Sunrise:sun

hikerjohnd
06-16-2006, 09:57
just a thought - call a retailer and ask for the info

Mountain Maiden
06-16-2006, 10:07
Thanks Hikerjohn--tried that. Got some "Uh, I dunno" kind of guy. I'll keep working on it. Just thought someone else might have info...
HELP!

rhjanes
06-16-2006, 10:26
I googled it and got hits.

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=MASTERS+trekking+poles&hl=en&lr=&sa=X&oi=froogle&ct=title

hikerjohnd
06-16-2006, 10:40
Just did a bit more searching and discovered the manufacturer is in Italy - mighty long distance call...

Mountain Maiden
06-16-2006, 10:51
Just did a bit more searching and discovered the manufacturer is in Italy - mighty long distance call...

Oh, PSSHHAAAWWW!

That could explain some of the difficulties! Did you find a website?

hikerjohnd
06-16-2006, 10:56
No website - but there was a description at a retailers site that just said the gear was manufactured in Italy.

Mountain Maiden
06-16-2006, 10:57
I googled it and got hits.

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=MASTERS+trekking+poles&hl=en&lr=&sa=X&oi=froogle&ct=title

Yep--pretty much what I found. Well, I will keep trying...

What I actually needed was replacement parts. Not a problem --they are available. But, DARN IT--they wanted $17 to send $10 worth of parts. :( And, that was just USPS for 4 oz of parts! And, 7-10 days delivery. Seemed ridiculous. :eek: So, I was looking for alternatives.

Thanks!

hikerjohnd
06-16-2006, 10:59
What's the part? do you have a part number? I usually have good luck finding stuff at good prices...

Mountain Maiden
06-18-2006, 09:35
What's the part? do you have a part number? I usually have good luck finding stuff at good prices...
Hikerjohn--I need the baskets and carbide tip replacements asap. The one website I found (trekkingpoles.com) did not give part #'s.

I may end of paying the OUTRAGEOUS shipping but it seems like a waste of money. They are for a PCT thru-hiker so I don't dare just send "generic" ones

Obviously, "I" could use some help! THANKS!!!!