PDA

View Full Version : Sarbar Wed

Clark Fork
06-19-2006, 11:17
Received message from Sarbar:

"Thought of you today, as my husband and me drove into MT. As we went over Clark Fork I smiled.
On our honeymoon, we stopped in Missoula tonight, and we are off early to Yellowstone via Bozeman, then to the Tetons.
I have to say....Mt is gorgeous! weird though seeing the sunset behind us. I always see it set in front of me, over in Wa state!
Sarah (Sarbar)"

Best Wishes Sarbar.. :)

Clark Fork in Western Montana "Where Seldom is Heard a Discouraging Word."

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-19-2006, 12:01
Best wishes to Sarbar and her new husband.
May this be the beginning of many happy years together.
The happily paired Frolicking Dinosaurs

sarbar
06-24-2006, 11:40
Thanks ... I am blushing!
We got back early this morning..and we had a fabu trip! Mt and WY were gorgeous!

atraildreamer
06-25-2006, 07:21
So...how do you bake a wedding cake in a freezer bag? :-?

neo
06-25-2006, 08:21

:) freezer bag cooking rules:cool: neo

congrats sarbar,i am ordering your book:cool: neo

sarbar
06-25-2006, 12:02
freezer bag cooking rules:cool: neo

congrats sarbar,i am ordering your book:cool: neo

Yeah, help me pay for the wedding :eek: Lol...ok, we actually had a very laid back wedding-all outdoors, a BBQ reception-tons of hiking friends were there. Then we went hiking for a week :D The Tetons were just gorgeous!

And technically you can boil a cake in oven bags..lol! (not that it will be a real cake though)

atraildreamer
06-26-2006, 15:36
And technically you can boil a cake in oven bags..lol! (not that it will be a real cake though)

Oh...Yummy!:clap ...boiled cake!! :eek:

Stonewall
06-26-2006, 18:07

More like a steamed dumpling:-? Congrats btw:banana

sarbar
06-26-2006, 18:22
Oh...Yummy!:clap ...boiled cake!! :eek:

I didn't say I would eat it :rolleyes: Lol....

We had our trio of wedding cakes made at the local Sams Club for a whopping $13.00 each. The cakes weighed a freaking 5 lbs each :eek: Yumyumyum.......

The highlight of our trip was seeing a wolf in Yellowstone-and hiking in the Tetons. Wow.

LIhikers
06-27-2006, 08:32

Now that's funny :D

And congrats to the bride and groom!!

Doctari
06-27-2006, 11:19
Congratulations!!!!!!!

Doctari.

Fiddleback
06-28-2006, 20:44
Congrats and best wishes, Sarbar!

As you were traveling through Missoula you were only 20 miles from my home near the Blackfoot River. Ironically, I was in Arkansas when you came through. Your honeymoon in MT & WY was a wiser choice then my family reunion...who the heck spends the first week of summer in AR when they live in western MT?:o

All the best...and thanks for the guidance on FBC...it's certainly been a boon to my camping.

FB

sarbar
06-28-2006, 22:54
Well shoot! It would have been nice to have met you! Twas a nice thing to visit the local Starbucks in Missoula and pay no sales tax ;)

My dad grew up in MT, and he had always promised to take us there when we were kids - and he wasn't able to. It was a lark to go to YS/GT. We decided on it 3 weeks before we got married. I was going to spread my dad's ashes there (he passed away 3 years ago), but one week before my wedding my mom had a major heart attack. My mom fortunly survived it, but was unable to attend my wedding - and I was unable to get my dad's ashes, as she was in intensive care. I hope next sumemr to return and do the Teton Crest. And take my dad's ashes with me. I'd like to see my dad back where he grew up (he lived in Missoula for a good amount of time.) I'd hedge my dad wouldn't have recognized the town these days though.
It was a good trip. I thought of my dad a lot though. More that he was there with me.

If I could make a living, and I could deal living nowhere near an ocean, I could consider MT. It is gorgeous. And open. Nothing like miles upon miles of nothing. I understood why my dad loved MT.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a308/NWHikergirl/Our%20Wedding/2315194100053744180EbMRnE_ph.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a308/NWHikergirl/Our%20Wedding/2006-169.jpg

Fiddleback
06-29-2006, 19:47
Steinbeck expressed the same feelings about Montana and oceans. I came late to Montana so this is the quotation I like best;

"I am in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition and even some affection but with Montana it is love, and it's difficult to analyze love when you're in it ."
-John Steinbeck, Travels with Charlie

Maybe next time...:D

FB

atraildreamer
07-09-2006, 18:59
Sarbar, your shot of the mountains is now my new wallpaper! Very nice photography! :sun

sarbar
07-10-2006, 10:04
Thanks..I'm blushing ;)