PDA

View Full Version : White Blaze Hiking Shirt

DawnTreader
06-19-2006, 11:39
I want a white blaze hiking shirt... Where do I find one??

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-19-2006, 12:02
PM ATTroll about getting a shirt.

Buckles
06-19-2006, 13:37
Wow! Who knew?

attroll
06-19-2006, 13:50
Ok, here is the scoop. I do not keep the WhiteBlaze hiking shirts on hand at this time. I am thinking about doing so later this year. We do not have much of an overhead being a non-profit organization. So we are limited to everything we do.

I am going to place and order for some WhiteBlaze hiking shirts hopefully in the next two months (do not hold me to this). I have been working on another logo. That was why I made a post asking for volunteer help from a graphic designer a little while back. I only got one input from a WhiteBlaze member. The design I am working on actually came from a friend who is not a hiker. Some are you are probably thinking now that I am going to charge our logo. No we are not going to change the logo on the web site. This new design or logo or what ever you want to call it will be sort of like out secondary logo. I am thinking of putting it on the shirts. Let me explain my train of though.

I am going to copyright this logo to WhiteBlaze and I am thinking that when it is all set up I will put that logo on the left pocket area of the hiking shirt. We will still put our original log the the left sleeve of the hiking shirts like we have in the past. We will just include the small logo on the left pocket area where a pocket would normally be.

This is jsut an idea at this time. This would make this a hiking shirt and also a town shirt. A multi purpose shirt so to speak.

Kerby
06-19-2006, 14:03
Sounds way-cool to me. Sighn me up when it's ready!

Buckles
06-19-2006, 14:06
I think you should come up with some concepts, then have a poll where all can vote. Personally, I like OBEY brand T's.

chomp
06-19-2006, 16:34
Just FYI - the hiking shirts are awesome, Troll. I just completed the Presidential Traverse (every peak from Mt Madison south to Mt Webster) with the shirt on a hot day and it was awesome. Here is a photo that a friend took of me sitting on Mt Pierce. There were several of us hiking the traverse as a fundraiser for the Brain Tumor Society, and another friend (Dave Metsky) was kind enuf to lug up a few pints of Ben&Jerry's.

Anyway, I think this is a pretty cool shot, you can really tell that I was tired and lovin the ice cream at this point. And the shirt looks great, too. :)

http://www.pbase.com/pudgy_groundhog/image/62109450

Rain Man
06-19-2006, 18:11
The current WhiteBlaze hiking shirt is GREAT!!! I love mine. It's soooo comfortable.

I like the idea of a logo on the front (or back) in addition (or instead of) to on the sleeve. Maybe this time a color (green or brown or blaze orange?) instead of grey?

When you take orders for more, I'll be first in line, no matter.

Rain:sunMan

DawnTreader
06-20-2006, 09:51
Chomp..
I did the presidential traverse from the webster/jackson trail, through the ossgood trail past madison last summer.. Its an excellent day trip..
great pic...

cannonball
06-20-2006, 09:57
:eek: Team uniforms for Hiker trash?

ridefast
06-20-2006, 11:07
these arent going to be cotton are they :confused:

put me down for one either way

Rain Man
06-20-2006, 11:10
these arent going to be cotton are they

Heck no!!! The town shirts are cotton, the hiking shirts are polyester or some such. That's one thing that surprised me-- how comfortable the hiking shirts turned out. I usually haven't liked the feel of polyester shirts.

Rain:sunMan

attroll
06-20-2006, 11:26
I think you should come up with some concepts, then have a poll where all can vote. Personally, I like OBEY brand T's.
We have used the brand we have now because I can get a good deal on them. If we were to switch to a name brand shirt and pay for a logo to be put on the shirt it would most likely be over $20 a piece.

I have had nothing but good reviews from this brand. You know the old saying, "If it ain't broke then don't fix it".

The current WhiteBlaze hiking shirt is GREAT!!! I love mine. It's soooo comfortable.

I like the idea of a logo on the front (or back) in addition (or instead of) to on the sleeve. Maybe this time a color (green or brown or blaze orange?) instead of grey?

When you take orders for more, I'll be first in line, no matter.

We could go with another color but then the logo would not look good at all on the shirt. The way the logo is put on the shirt is that it is dyed into the shirt. You can not dye a dark color onto another dark color. You can not dye white into any shirt either. If you look at the gray shirt you have now you will notice that the white blaze in the logo is not white. But with the shirt being gray it gives you the white look or at least keep it in proportion.

We would really like to go with the green shirt to match the page color of the web site, but we could not do it.

With the new logo being only black and green. One other option that we can do maybe is if some users want a different color shirt then we can leave the logo off the sleeve and put the new logo on the sleeve or just on the pocket area. The green in the new logo can be removed and is not necessary.

NOTE: The new logo is not replacing the one we have now. It is just an alternative or secondary logo.

these arent going to be cotton are they, put me down for
one either way

No there is no cotton in these shirts.

DawnTreader
06-20-2006, 12:01
Thanks for all the hard work ATTroll...

white rabbit
06-20-2006, 12:14
Sign me up for a couple of shirts when they are available.

Ewker
06-20-2006, 12:26
I will take one or two when they are ready