PDA

View Full Version : Tell the ATC what you think!

TJ aka Teej
03-12-2003, 21:28
This link takes you to a form on the ATC's website:
http://www.appalachiantrail.org/trailnews/index.html
You don't need to be a member to submit your thoughts!
Please take a few minutes, click on "share your views" and let your opinion be known.

"Have Your Say on Future Management of the A.T.
What should the priorities be when it comes to managing the Appalachian Trail? (It really doesn't happen by magic.) It's "primarily a footpath" by law, as a national scenic trail, and also a unit of the national park system, with all the broader concerns and programs that go along with that special designation. As someone who cares about the A.T. for whatever reason and from whatever experience, you are invited to have your say on ranking the different aspects of the Trail, grading the Appalachian Trail Conference and the National Park Service on their work, and answering a few open-ended questions about which should do what work...or whether there are some things we shouldn't be doing at all. ATC members, nonmember hikers, just your basic taxpayer—all are invited to share your views with those developing a new strategic plan for the organizations and a new cooperative agreement between them."

Blue Jay
03-13-2003, 09:53
As a long time member and fan of the ATC I should have known about the survey, but I did not. I also urge everyone to complete this survey and join the ATC.